Religious leaders call on Congress to reevaulate military aid to Israel

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Religious leaders call on Congress to reevaulate military aid to Israel | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

(JTA) -- Fifteen leaders of U.S. churches and other faith-based organizations have asked Congress to reevaluate U.S. military aid to Israel.

The religious leaders sent a letter to Congress members on Monday, calling for an investigation into possible violations by Israel of the U.S. Foreign Assistance Act and the U.S. Arms Export Control Act, which would make Israel ineligible for U.S. military aid.

"As Christian leaders in the United States, it is our moral responsibility to question the continuation of unconditional U.S. financial assistance to the government of Israel. Realizing a just and lasting peace will require this accountability, as continued U.S. military assistance to Israel -- offered without conditions or accountability -- will only serve to sustain the status quo and Israel’s military occupation of the Palestinian territories," the letter, signed by leaders of the Lutheran, Methodist, UCC churches, and the National Council of Churches, said.

Last edited:
The Rabbinical Assembly, the international umbrella organization of Conservative rabbits, called for a reevaluation of the interfaith partnerships between the assembly and the denominations represented in the letter.

Chriastian Zionists?
Is that sort of like Protestant Catholics?

They are Christians who want to speed up the "Rapture" and support Israel so Jesus can come already...

Christian Zionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I thought Israel gets it's ass kicked in the endgame?
Then Jesus comes back to save it. So if we delay israle getting it's ass kicked will that not delay Jesus's return?

I think Christians believe Israel will be helped by God or something...and Damascus will be nuked, also other things in their prophecies. I can't say I am not a Christian but I do think they believe he will convert jews to Christianity and other people of different faiths. They are all similar in that way. Judaism has something like that. So does Islam, they are all similar but in Islam, Israel will get its ass kicked but also everybody else in the World. In Islam it's gonna be very bad days....for all. And Gog and Magog..etc. ...Muslims believe Jesus will return and guide people into a mountain to hide them from Gog and Magog..and he'll live 40 years after and be married..:cool:...long stuff

An awful lot of what people believe about the end of the wolrd type of stuff is not even in the bible.
Their sources are such things as Dante's inferno and other writings.

Chriastian Zionists?
Is that sort of like Protestant Catholics?

:clap2:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS3SmEj5r9g&feature=related]Christians United for Israel Overview - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqgDKbGUdT0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqgDKbGUdT0[/ame]

Last edited:
Bullshit. Those are shadowy people. Real Christians could care less about Israel. Israel is well off without them

Benny Hinn.

Send me your seed money and god will repay you ten fold.

I wonder what bank god uses for his checks?

Bullshit. Those are shadowy people. Real Christians could care less about Israel. Israel is well off without them

Dream on boy most Christians and Jews are united against the muslim whack jobs:cool:

Oh yeah sure. There's no such thing as a majority Christian Arab population that supports Israel. There's almost no such thing at all. I could care less about evangelists.

AJC Outraged by Call for Investigation of Israel - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

Christians Discriminated Against by Israel

After all Jews killed Jesus like the Christians say. I'm sure they get along well...or is it a business thing...hmm

Last edited:

Forum List

Back