Religious hatred against Bush

1. How does "Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy." tell us to lie down in front of those sworn to kill us?
2. You link refers to old testament readings, and we have been over that already, have we not? To summarize, most of that stuff started with a homosexual encounter, and continues to this day between the Jews (righteous) and the Arabs (damned).

How do you interpret it? It seems clear to me. You are to do practically everything requested of you. If asked for your shirt, give your coat too. Forgive 70 times 7 times. It seems like there is no limit with respect to the Sermon on the Mount.

Okay. So we can ignore the rules in the Old Testament. None of those rules apply anymore. Even if we remove the Old Testament, there are some pretty bizarre rules, instructions, and the like in the New Testament.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
jeez, we only invaded the phillipines to GET to the japs. the phillipines had nothing to do with the support of the japanese they were just an island for jap guerilla warfare, infact we spent alot of money after the war to rebuild that country. I was talking about invading and occupying a small country, we did not occupy the phillipines after 1942. Iraq, is different, we took over....and your a fool to compare the two.

And the nazis? Dont get me started about the ties between what they were doing, religous cleansing and killing of all the "wicked jews" from there culter, when it says in the king james version of the old testamen that god himself caused the great flood and only saved noah and his family because the rest of the entire world was corrupt. The interpretation is not a good foundation for debate because from the hebrew texts to the king james version to the new testamen, everything has changed with the new age of christianity. The nazis believe what they did was right....GOD said what he did was right, so how is invading iraq any different from the nazi cleansing in WW2? "thou shalt not murder without just cause" Well i understood the great flood and the evil hebrew race god was talking about, but the US is not god and should not invade and kill without just cause. Because to tell me that we invaded iraq because we listen to god and god told us to kill saddam, would be outragous. Nobody told bush to invade iraq but BUSH. At least in the bible they explained why GOD had a large race of people killed. Please understand that god the divine did not write the bible. DID NOT WRITE THE BIBLE. So with this evidence that god could not have writen the bible, its safe to say that through centuries of interpretation, still nobody knows why god did anything or what he was thinking when he did it.

Im not even going to explain the gay marriage and death penalty contrast, if you cant understand plain english that the two are not related then you need to go back to school.

Look personally i could care less about the death penalty i was only using that as an example. Because nowhere in the new testamen does it say we can do what god did back then. We cant say, "well god said the penalty for murder is death, lets go kill all the murdering people in the world". To some degree you need to have some common sense about who controlls the life and death of certain civilizations. If they do become a real life threat and not a pre-concieved notion that they are up to something, then yes it is OK to defend ourselves. Thats not in the bible thats just common sense.

Also, you said you oppose government funded stem cell research? Well tell me who on earth is going to have enough money to fund a year let alone an entire decade of breakthrough research? You act as though someone owes you something like paving your street in front of your house, nobody owes you specifically anything. You pay taxes for the betterment of the entire NATION and its future, and its always been that way for centuries, except its people like you that could have stopped the funding for research on plauge and yellow fever and safer amputation. If it was up to you we would still be cutting off legs with a tree saw.

If it was up to you we wouldnt have even bothered with finding medicine for aids patients because well "there gay and thats a sin right?" well are you telling me god is punishing them for being gay? Ok then why is he punishing the thousands of people who Arent gay with aids? Its reasons like this why we need funding for research, not for our benefit but for future generations.

Lastly, who on this planet told you 10,000,000 people died in the iraq war? Are you serious?!?!?! Wow i find that hard to believe considering the population of iraq is 26,000,000. Wow i didnt know that half the population of iraq died after we invaded!!!!!?!?!?? And even if it was that absurd number of people who died in iraq, your still just proving me right, that too many are dying since we invaded. So i dont get why you said that.

How do you interpret it? It seems clear to me. You are to do practically everything requested of you. If asked for your shirt, give your coat too. Forgive 70 times 7 times. It seems like there is no limit with respect to the Sermon on the Mount.

Okay. So we can ignore the rules in the Old Testament. None of those rules apply anymore. Even if we remove the Old Testament, there are some pretty bizarre rules, instructions, and the like in the New Testament.

I interpret that to mean give mercy to your enemies after the war has stopped; and to innocents in the conflict.

I never said ignore the OT rukes. Some see "rules" that are not, and some "rules" (such as eating pork) are unnecessary due to modern sanitation.

The OT and NT are very involved and complicated. It is easy to twist it to look like anything you want if you dont study it in its entirity OR IF YOU DONT CARE TO REALLY UNDERSTAND IT.

For example, many of the rules only applied for the Jews and only at that time. Some were universal laws others werent.

An example is children cant drink booze, yet when they get older, they can. Yet the rule of "look before you cross the street" will always apply.

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY will ever take your criticism or discussion about the Bible seriously if they are seeking real answers because your goal isnt to learn or teach about the Bible, but onlly to spread you deep cynism and anger and bitterness to things religous, for whatever reason. Maybe one of the alter boys refused your sexual advances when you were younger or something. That part is for you to figure out.

I do know this, very, very few of those who oppose religion and those who support abortion, do any kind of respectable and honest debate on the issues

I interpret that to mean give mercy to your enemies after the war has stopped; and to innocents in the conflict.

I never said ignore the OT rukes. Some see "rules" that are not, and some "rules" (such as eating pork) are unnecessary due to modern sanitation.

What about not wearing clothing at the same time that is made from 2 different materials. I know that it is somewhere in the Old Testament. Why was there such a rule? Does it still apply? Why or why not?

What about not wearing clothing at the same time that is made from 2 different materials. I know that it is somewhere in the Old Testament. Why was there such a rule? Does it still apply? Why or why not?

I guess you didnt read my post right above yours.

The culture and nuances of the time have a lot to do with what was written. You have to understand the original language, be informed of all the history of the Bible and its eras, understand the original language each book was written in, and have an open mind.

I dont think any of those apply to you.

Then, for those who have all four of those, it takes them years and years of study to fully understand most of what is written. It is extremely easy to mis judge what is written due to ignorance.

You remind me of my three year old whining and crying, "why cant I eat chocolate all day and night"

I guess you didnt read my post right above yours.

The culture and nuances of the time have a lot to do with what was written. You have to understand the original language, be informed of all the history of the Bible and its eras, understand the original language each book was written in, and have an open mind.

I dont think any of those apply to you.

Then, for those who have all four of those, it takes them years and years of study to fully understand most of what is written. It is extremely easy to mis judge what is written due to ignorance.

You remind me of my three year old whining and crying, "why cant I eat chocolate all day and night"

Okay. So are you saying that some rules apply and some rules don’t apply? What about that part about not having sex with your wife during her period? Is homosexual behavior still a sin? It looks like we need an updated list in order to keep up with the times.

The risks and benefits of eating chocolate were explained to me. I questioned doctors. I read health books. I double-checked medical advice. I got second opinions. Now I’m confident that it is unhealthy to eat much chocolate day and night.

Now. Why is it bad to wear clothing made from different materials? The Bible does not give an explanation. No other source that I visit will give me an explanation either.

Okay. So are you saying that some rules apply and some rules don’t apply? What about that part about not having sex with your wife during her period? Is homosexual behavior still a sin? It looks like we need an updated list in order to keep up with the times.

The risks and benefits of eating chocolate were explained to me. I questioned doctors. I read health books. I double-checked medical advice. I got second opinions. Now I’m confident that it is unhealthy to eat much chocolate day and night.

Now. Why is it bad to wear clothing made from different materials? The Bible does not give an explanation. No other source that I visit will give me an explanation either.

I dunno. But I dont assume its a bunch of hogwash cuz I dont know. I dont know how the theory of relatiivity works either.

Special relativity is a theory of the structure of spacetime. The reason we have three space dimensions and one time dimension, or better, space-time, could lie in the way gravity works. Thats where einstien comes in, he basically proved newton wrong in that gravity has a speed, and can be measured on a universal scale. But his most famous theory is that the universe is basically a blanket of gravity, so planets and stars bend that blanket causing other bodies to orbit around them. Meaning, its the sheer mass and density that determines the gravitational pull. So basically in lamens terms, he found the equation that could be the foundation of time, space, the universe and its all based on his theory of gravitational energy. Oh and pretty much all astronomers and physicists follow einstiens equations. Thats how black holes where discovered.

Forum List

Back