Religious Evolution

It looks and sounds to me like the youth of today is giving up on the ancient Arab stories about Abraham, not necessarily on God.

The archetypes which appear in the scriptures are with us forever.

But generally speaking, the more comfortable and secure a generation feels the less they're going to 'waste time' contemplating scripture.

If God is, God doesn't seem overly concerned with the individual lives grinding out the story of dog-eat-dog survival of the most fit that IS the unfolding history of humanity ...
it would be interesting, if possible to backdate to the event described as Noah's Arch and definitively determine whether it was a historical event being remembered and portrayed by its survivors or simply a literary fabrication for substantiation - however in regards to the above post it is the explanation for a concerned Almighty's attempt to not end an inevitable failure by giving the participants a 2nd chance to accomplish their "own" salvation.

if a species is unable to save itself why then is it the fault of the Almighty when they blow themselves up - Joe ?

And uhm, wasn't 'god's' purpose in causing the 'flood' to rid the Earth of all the human debauchery? That Noah's family was righteous and therefore would repopulate the Earth with only the righteous?

How's that work out? Hitler spawned from Noah's loins if the flood story is true.

'God' didn't see that coming? Why did he do the whole flood thing if he knew (he knows all including the future yeah?) that killing all those people would have no effect?

All those people were murdered for nothing?

Its this kind of crap that young people have a problem with. If you use ANY critical thinking re the various religions you find none of them holds any water.
IsaacNewton: And uhm, wasn't 'god's' purpose in causing the 'flood' to rid the Earth of all the human debauchery? That Noah's family was righteous and therefore would repopulate the Earth with only the righteous?

no (to rid the Earth of all the human debauchery), simply that with Noah's death as the last representative of Spiritualism, all those remaining would fulfill the prophecy necessary for / against Admittance to the Everlasting and mankind would be destroyed - as you say, since the Almighty was aware that event would occur rather than play it out the Deity gave mankind a second chance by simply fulfilling those people's destiny while leaving the few worthy to try it again .... while say such a forgiveness will never happen again.

anotherwords: the Triumph of Good vs Evil was about to be fulfilled - - the wrong side winning ....

AVG-JOE: Because... if the religions are credible at all, in spite of the complete lack of any physical evidence to substantiate such a claim, God is in control.

His world, His rules, His Monkeys, His failure.

again Joe, why would it be the Almighty's failure ? have you ever been "told" what to do ? - - you are on your own, Noah's Parable only says that is not enough, for Admittance to the Everlasting it will either be the entire species or no one at all.

If God is, God doesn't seem overly concerned with the individual lives grinding out the story of dog-eat-dog survival of the most fit that IS the unfolding history of humanity ...
it would be interesting, if possible to backdate to the event described as Noah's Arch and definitively determine whether it was a historical event being remembered and portrayed by its survivors or simply a literary fabrication for substantiation - however in regards to the above post it is the explanation for a concerned Almighty's attempt to not end an inevitable failure by giving the participants a 2nd chance to accomplish their "own" salvation.

if a species is unable to save itself why then is it the fault of the Almighty when they blow themselves up - Joe ?

And uhm, wasn't 'god's' purpose in causing the 'flood' to rid the Earth of all the human debauchery? That Noah's family was righteous and therefore would repopulate the Earth with only the righteous?

How's that work out? Hitler spawned from Noah's loins if the flood story is true.

'God' didn't see that coming? Why did he do the whole flood thing if he knew (he knows all including the future yeah?) that killing all those people would have no effect?

Its this kind of crap that young people have a problem with. If you use ANY critical thinking re the various religions you find none of them holds any water.
If they had not been dumb down so badly they may not look so depressed as that young woman in that picture.

The Bible just as the other books are written in parables, poet speak, these are from the spirit of prophecy. Jesus spoke about the sirit but few are willing to listen or even try to understand when they are too busy trying to bask it all.

Thing is eternity (spirit of God and the born children thereof) has no end, only those who that are as the grass of the field who wither and dry up and blow away.

In the ME manifesting in the flesh as we speak;

Prophecy against Gog
4 "I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them splendidly attired, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them wielding swords; 5 Persia, Ethiopia and Put with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer with all its troops; Beth-togarmah from the remote parts of the north with all its troops-- many peoples with you.…

The woman in the picture looks like she is hopeless and in despair, and "There is no God" is something you might see in a suicide note.

Christianity is not just about belief in God, it is believe in your fellow man, and belief that somehow, things will work out better in the end.

Atheism offers nothing but nihilism, despair, and eternal emptiness.

Teens are fleeing religion like never before: Massive new study exposes religion’s decline

shutterstock_270541406-800x430.jpg

The young woman pictured is expressing true atheism, ...
First: This picture is political propaganda for men (message: "to believe in god is not sexy"). Indeed the most women are satisfied with men, who are "knights on white horses" fighting for their families and with partners who are living the maxime "You are the only one for me."

Second: The message "There is no god" makes not a difference between gods and god - but indeed the difference between "gods" and god is gigantic. "Gods" and "god" are indeed completly different things - but also gods lead to god.

Third: Atheism is a belief. The correct message on this piece of paper would be "I believe there is no god". Unfortunatelly in most cases atheists today don't make a difference between their belief and their knowledge any longer. It's for human beings impossible not to believe. To think in such ways means to lose a complexity of the thoughts without winning a greater lightness of being.

Fourth: If a young generation replaces the belief in god with the belief in "nothing" I'm worried about what will be the real face of this "nothing" if we will see it one day.

That's kind of the point of the thread, Bud.

It looks and sounds to me like the youth of today is giving up on the ancient Arab stories about Abraham, not necessarily on God.

That's why the modern people are sacrifying unborn children to what god of whom exactly?

It's reflective in pop culture too... everyone seems to be o.k. with "God Bless America...",

Oh by the way: I'm a German. If one of our politicians would say "Gott segne Deutschland" I would look like a bird who forgot what kind of melody to sing. Perhaps I would roar afterwards like a lion. And a bird roaring like a lion is a problem for Mr. Sigmund Freud. But if an American would say "God bless Germany" then we would normally think: "What a nice wish, what a nice guy".

versations quickly turn to the defensive when American theists

"Theist" is a verbal construct from atheists (theist=a-atheist). I'm for example a Catholic. I don't know what to do with a lime leaf "theist" between my shoulders. That's not good if I have to take a bath in the blood of a dragon.

d to name the God that the blessing is being requested of. Can you imagine the conflict that would arise if everyone took their own religion seriously enough to stop allowing that the God being called upon for a blessing was no longer just the good ol' generic, all encompassing 'God' that is daily interpreted by the individuals being spoken to as every god from Allah to Zeuse?

I find it funny that the aspect of religion in America that keeps the peace between denominations and religions here an unwritten understanding that the term "God" is to be used as generically as possible in politics.

I don't have a big theory about the USA. We are idiots - you are idiots. Not a big difference. From time to time we need someone to tell us what idiots we are, if we should forget that we are idiots. And believe me - you need it: "God bless America!".

Last edited:
Lots of kids stray away from the Church while they are young and single, but getting married and having children changes everything. People return to the church they grew up in. That was my experience any way.

The archetypes which appear in the scriptures are with us forever.

But generally speaking, the more comfortable and secure a generation feels the less they're going to 'waste time' contemplating scripture.

This makes a certain amount of sense... The worse a Monkeys circumstances, the more likely consultations with the Divine will be attempted.

OR... "There are no atheists in foxholes...

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

IsaacNewton: And uhm, wasn't 'god's' purpose in causing the 'flood' to rid the Earth of all the human debauchery? That Noah's family was righteous and therefore would repopulate the Earth with only the righteous?

no (to rid the Earth of all the human debauchery), simply that with Noah's death as the last representative of Spiritualism, all those remaining would fulfill the prophecy necessary for / against Admittance to the Everlasting and mankind would be destroyed - as you say, since the Almighty was aware that event would occur rather than play it out the Deity gave mankind a second chance by simply fulfilling those people's destiny while leaving the few worthy to try it again .... while say such a forgiveness will never happen again.

anotherwords: the Triumph of Good vs Evil was about to be fulfilled - - the wrong side winning ....

AVG-JOE: Because... if the religions are credible at all, in spite of the complete lack of any physical evidence to substantiate such a claim, God is in control.

again Joe, why would it be the Almighty's failure ? have you ever been "told" what to do ? - - you are on your own, Noah's Parable only says that is not enough, for Admittance to the Everlasting it will either be the entire species or no one at all.

If I fail to properly train my dog and he bites a child, who should be liable for the damage, me or my dog?

We are either evolving in a dog eat dog environment, or someone is in control. If God is, God seems little concerned for the daily headlines that become our collective history.

I don't have a big theory about the USA. We are idiots - you are idiots. Not a big difference. From time to time we need someone to tell us what idiots we are, if we should forget that we are idiots. And believe me - you need it: "God bless America!".

Which is fine... as long as the God being solicited for a blessing remains generic and unnamed.

It's when the "My God is bigger than your God..." discussion starts that trouble soon follows.

The woman in the picture looks like she is hopeless and in despair, and "There is no God" is something you might see in a suicide note.

Christianity is not just about belief in God, it is believe in your fellow man, and belief that somehow, things will work out better in the end.

Which is exactly why I think that the study is much more reflective of how youth today feel about the ancient Arab stories, not necessarily the concept of The Divine.

If I fail to properly train my dog and he bites a child, who should be liable for the damage, me or my dog?

If you forgot to educate your dog: the child - if you made your dog to a paranoiac: you. Dogs normally love halfdogs ... ah: children.

We are either evolving in a dog eat dog environment, or someone is in control. If God is, God seems little concerned for the daily headlines that become our collective history.

Last edited:
Lots of kids stray away from the Church while they are young and single, but getting married and having children changes everything. People return to the church they grew up in. That was my experience any way.

It's going to be an interesting twenty years going forward, eh?

Which is fine... as long as the God being solicited for a blessing remains generic and unnamed.

It's when the "My God is bigger than your God..." discussion starts that trouble soon follows.

When the USA was in hysteria under war propaganda against the Iraq, we prayed here in a church for peace. Muslims, Jews, Protestants from different confessions, Buddhists and Catholics. It was a very cold winter night and lots of people came with their children. Someone from every confession and religion said or sang some words. It was really a very wonderful night, full of clear friendly eyes, full of milky breath, full of hope. A night like a chrystal diamond.

In the end we all lost and war wan - but nevertheless I'm sure our god is bigger. Even the god of the Buddhists, who is a very, very, ... very ... little god, how everyone knows, was bigger in this night, because love is the might of heaven - not size. Next time we will win and one day the time will hopefully come, where no one has any idea any longer what war once was.

Last edited:
why would it be the Almighty's failure ? have you ever been "told" what to do ? - - you are on your own, Noah's Parable only says that is not enough, for Admittance to the Everlasting it will either be the entire species or no one at all.

The failure of the Almighty is that old argument of Epicurus in the 3rd Century BC. It's still the most popular atheist argument. But, as you say we have free will. Also, the universe is cannibalistic. Creation requires destruction.

“Listen, O lord of the meeting rivers,
things standing shall fall,
but the moving ever shall stay.”- prayer to Shiva

"Admittance to the Everlasting it will either be the entire species or no one at all." That's interesting. The illustration of Christians being 'one body in Christ' does suggest a type of collective salvation or Destiny.

This is what people that believe in a 'god', any god, tell themselves because THEY can't consider how THEY could be decent human beings and love their neighbors if THEY didn't have a 'god' to fear who would make THEM do it.

A look at the news and you don't find many 'atheists' slaughtering people. But the worshipers of various gods are busy watering THEIR 'god's' grass with blood and corpses.

Religion gives evil souls an excuse to be evil, and good souls an excuse to be good.

Lack of religion does exactly the same thing, but we find that atheists in most societies choose the latter on their own. Morality isn't born of religion, any religion. If men didn't know not to kill each other until the 'bible' came along then how exactly did all those billions of people live and reproduce up until that point. If men were given to kill each other at their whim and there was no morality when they knew no god, the species would nearly wipe itself out.

It doesn't, no species does. Sharks, bears, lions, they kill their own species but as with humans very rarely.

Human beings, as with all animals, act as they do with or without a 'deity'. Rather odd that those who claim THEY could not resist killing their fellow men without a god to worship seem to project that same bloodlust onto all the rest of humanity.

One would observe its because THEY don't want to think themselves animals that can't control their own actions while others can.

Forum List

Back