Religious Abuse

Baron... I'm not sure you are reading things right. I do the same kind of thing. There is more being said than the posts appear. Perhaps you merely are proving the point to 'us'? Ahhh... the representation of the living spirit. The removal of that living spirit (biblically referred to as the tower of babel and then some...) Doctors were all too often referred to as 'witches' because they were given the wisdoms of God... Back off of religion, it dwells here necessarily while you may NOT.

The so-called "Most churches" are apostate hippie - dippie communists who do not fight for The Bible Teaching. The True Christians separate themselves from the World, that's normal.

The True Christians are not of this word!

Acts 29 Review: Christians are not of this World

Colossians 2:8 King James Version (KJV)

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

There are a WIDE variety of Christians and EACH claims to be the "True Christian".

Don't waste your time attempting to dub me with your small minded bullshit. Some things are too sacred and necessarily complex to keep the small minded underfoot until they choose to be otherwise.

I do not answer to you and will not explain to you what my personal views are until you make a sincere attempt to not be so self-righteously superior. For as far as I can see... we are all posting on the same board... that must be leveling to your ego according to your dismissive posting toward others.

LOL...because the sheep herders and you said so. What else do you think those ancient sheep herders might do on a cold night? LMAO!!

I don't say anything that I expect for others to change their lives for. I am Christian, but not one that boasts to have the answers for everyone else in the world. I love and cherish my bible but I don't quote scripture to correct others of supposed faults/flaws.

You probably don't quote it because you're like 90% of Christians who actually have no idea of the foolishness that's in it. Not to worry...your Sunday morning sermons will keep you abreast of the requirements.

There are a WIDE variety of Christians and EACH claims to be the "True Christian".

LOL...because the sheep herders and you said so. What else do you think those ancient sheep herders might do on a cold night? LMAO!!

I don't say anything that I expect for others to change their lives for. I am Christian, but not one that boasts to have the answers for everyone else in the world. I love and cherish my bible but I don't quote scripture to correct others of supposed faults/flaws.

You probably don't quote it because you're like 90% of Christians who actually have no idea of the foolishness that's in it. Not to worry...your Sunday morning sermons will keep you abreast of the requirements.

And you are here because you are looking for a place to shit??? Why bother??? Why post on a religious Thread at all, or more than once? How many different ways do you need to trash, mock, and ridicule, to be satisfied? How long before you decide to grow up?

You are taunting and trolling, for the sole purpose to lash out and try to harm others without cause. If there was anything constructive or of value in your Bitching I missed it.

Is your God, a God of fear, or love?

My God is God of fear!

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

More about Fear of God.

Fear of God bible verses

Fluffy - bunny politically correct liberals have invented a new definition of God, God of love.
That's mind he will forgive everything included Sodomy, Pedophilia, Adultery etc.
Sure that's wrong, all sinners will go to Hell!

Actually, your god, Yahweh, is both in the Bible. You should read it all the way through, before settling on the parts that suit your own beliefs and tendencies.

Baron... It isn't wise to prematurely cut people out. Sometimes those liberals only represent what conservatives have taught them they've had to fight for to ensure success within their lives.

Have you, personally, armed yourself with an almighty God? How big are the forces you represent? The mind of man is a marvelous thing... and profoundly complex. Those things you are posting about... perhaps you have a better insight toward them and would like to share such insight with us?

While those things on many levels do give me great pause and could represent a horrid decline in many ways... They also represent a great deal of other things and could be part of a healing process that is, by rite/write/right, one of those necessary evils that dwells among and within us.

all religious beliefs or systems can be used to abuse others....why does sky pick on christians? i do not know....i am a pagan and prefer not to engage in christian bashing....or bashing of anyone else's beliefs.....i do prefer not to be witnessed to...but you cannot avoid that...normally pagans are not into witnessing or conversion....i have concluded that my goddess is an indifferent one...who ignores the prayers of her people....(of course this is cause my mothers siblings have not been smoted)

Sky Dancer points out some interestingly truths... And all too often those things are the very deciding factors that prevent the levels of unity necessary for optimum spiritual success.

If you stopped toking up, I bet the quality of your posts would improve by 8%.

dont be trashing the stoners.....

I don't understand. :lol: I'm not 'toking'... and I don't 'stone'... I thougth Sky meant 'kissing up', and well.... who and what was I thought to be kissing? As for the quality of my posts... perhaps too many expect a defined opinion from those of us who are too busy staying alive (on many levels) to acquire one.

In a conversation I once had about opinions... a man who had been married with an established family once told me that 'Not all change for the better'. Mind you, this goes for anyone and, likely, in any circumstance, but as I read the opinions of others (especially political), I am almost always prevented from gaining a 'set in stone' opinion because of the unavoidable transparency in most of the forefront topics.

I'm obviously flawed.

Christianity is the predominant religion in America. We know more about religious abuse in Christian churches than any other religion because we live here in America. I feel at peace with God and Jesus. I will continue to work to free anyone who is suffering from religious abuse, no matter what religion they happen to be caught in.

Last edited:
The teachings of Jesus are not abusive. The doctrine of some Churches is. Talking about religious abuse is not bashing religion. It's talking about what happens when religion goes wrong.

Last edited:
Dr. Enroth tackles spiritual abuse head-on in his introduction: "Unlike physical abuse that often results in bruised bodies, spiritual and pastoral abuse leaves scars on the psyche and soul. It is inflicted by persons who are accorded respect and honor in our society by virtue of their role as religious leaders and models of spiritual authority." Churches That Abuse is a powerful, well-documented exposé about "battered believers and abused Christians," most of whom define themselves as "born-again Christians," individuals spiritually abused by churches and leaders that are evangelical or fundamentalist in theological orientation.

Abusive churches, according to Dr. Enroth, are not a phenomenon peculiar to current times. Paralleling abusive churches of the past with those of today, Enroth presents characteristics that serve as reliable warning signals:

There is strong, control-oriented leadership.

The use of guilt, fear, and intimidation by the leadership to manipulate members and keep them in line.

Followers led to think that there is no other church quite like theirs, and that God has singled them out for a special purpose.

Other, more traditional churches are put down as being less "holy."

Subjective experience, especially public or group testimonials (sometimes coached), are encouraged and emphasized.

Many areas of members' lives are subject to scrutiny, and the church standards established are usually based upon the life-style adopted by the leader.

Rules and legalism abound.

Members not following rules established by the leadership (or threatening exposure of the manipulation and abuse) are often labeled "reprobates" or "dupes of Satan," and are dealt with harshly. Ostracism of former members and excommunication of dissenters are common.

For members choosing to leave a spiritually abusive church, returning to the realm of normalcy is difficult.

Churches That Abuse

The Magdalene Homes in Ireland are an example of religious abuse by the Catholic Church in Ireland. The physcial and sexual abuse of Native American children in Catholic run Residential Schools for Indiian in Canada are another example.

Religious abuse is the crushing inner psychological, spiritual and emotional damage suffered by members of authoritarian communities of faith whenever its spiritual authority is twisted by spiritual leaders to achieve a desired goal through unethical, cruel and damaging means.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back