Religion vs BDSM

FireGod

Reputation *****
Nov 13, 2008
In the heart of the blaze
I got permission from the blog owner to post the link to the blog where I found an interesting bruhaha going on.

Warning do not read the blog past the linked page, if you are not comfortable with BDSM.
The link to the blog is here:
The Heron Clan: NCSF Action Alert

A link to the page on the NCSF site is here:
NCSFreedom - Action Alert - Winter Wickedness

The down and dirty is that a religious organization is making a public outcry to keep a BDSM event from happening in OH this weekend.

This is worth a few minutes of my time and hopefully yours.

For all those I have not "seen" in a long while, my apologies, life/work/kids has gotten rather busy of late.

Organized religions seem to have been started by BDSM 'masters', since they use almost the exact same techniques (don't ask, don't tell).

I got permission from the blog owner to post the link to the blog where I found an interesting bruhaha going on.

Warning do not read the blog past the linked page, if you are not comfortable with BDSM.
The link to the blog is here:
The Heron Clan: NCSF Action Alert

A link to the page on the NCSF site is here:
NCSFreedom - Action Alert - Winter Wickedness

The down and dirty is that a religious organization is making a public outcry to keep a BDSM event from happening in OH this weekend.

This is worth a few minutes of my time and hopefully yours.

For all those I have not "seen" in a long while, my apologies, life/work/kids has gotten rather busy of late.

What's your point? One group is exercising its rights to freedom of expression, and so is the other. You siding with one group does not mean it has MORE right to freedom of expression than the other.

Surely you can come up with a better argument than contending that one group should be denied its rights because you have a problem with that group and/or agree with the other?

What is the point to a BDSM parade? To get attention and offend. They got what they want and you really have NO argument.

I haven't opened the links. I fail to see what religious connection there can possibly be to BDSM.

I'm not sure this is the forum for the topic. Maybe it should be in some general interest area, or if there was an area to just discuss psychology, that may be a good placement for it.

Certainly, there are preachers and priests who abuse their power, but when they do so, they are NOT following any religious tenet.

I haven't opened the links. I fail to see what religious connection there can possibly be to BDSM.

I'm not sure this is the forum for the topic. Maybe it should be in some general interest area, or if there was an area to just discuss psychology, that may be a good placement for it.

Certainly, there are preachers and priests who abuse their power, but when they do so, they are NOT following any religious tenet.

BDSM is about control and domination more than anything, and humiliation.

Control = telling you what is right and wrong.
Domination = "I am chosen by a god to tell you what to do."
Humiliation = "you are going to hell unless you do what I say."

Pretty much the same thing just BDSM has cooler outfits.

Religion can be misconstrued and abusive. That's not the same as BDSM which is a consensual sexual experience.

I think perhaps some of you either know enough about either ritual religious abuse, misuse of power in relationships and /or BDSM to know the difference.

je consens, religion connection should not be t o drugs.this will make some people think t o use drugs i s ok.

Religion can be misconstrued and abusive. That's not the same as BDSM which is a consensual sexual experience.

I think perhaps some of you either know enough about either ritual religious abuse, misuse of power in relationships and /or BDSM to know the difference.

True, BDSM is at least consensual.

BDSM is a sexual preference practiced by many more people than is ever told and rightly so. It is a private matter until someone goes berserk with it and think enslaving or beating anyone is OK, not unlike anything else taken to extremes. I don't appreciate people flashing their particular sexual preferences in my face, like I have to be accepting or something and their supposed to have some inalienable right to do so, but I also don't appreciate people insisting that people of a particular preference are all loons and should be locked away or are going to hell. Again, it's a private matter and should stay that way.

BDSM is a sexual preference practiced by many more people than is ever told and rightly so. It is a private matter until someone goes berserk with it and think enslaving or beating anyone is OK, not unlike anything else taken to extremes. I don't appreciate people flashing their particular sexual preferences in my face, like I have to be accepting or something and their supposed to have some inalienable right to do so, but I also don't appreciate people insisting that people of a particular preference are all loons and should be locked away or are going to hell. Again, it's a private matter and should stay that way.

Well ... I do think there are some good people who belong to organized religions, I will never say they are all nutters. But from personal experience 90% of those in organized religions are too busy telling everyone else that they are evil and trying to force laws to control us all. There is much about me that most people here don't know, and they won't know it, but needless to say my life was horrible when I was younger because of such, my mother was one but there were others (Mormons ... go figure).

Peter LaBarbara of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality calls the event "a freakish sadomasochistic perversion-fest"

Probably the best advertising they could hope for...

and urges people to call the hotel's corporate headquarters to pressure them into canceling "for the sake of decency and public health."

The pressure here is directed at the local hotel where the event is being held. I do have a problem with religious groups trying to keep groups from meeting.

Frankly, I think it infringes on the freedom of association clause in the bill of rights.

If you don't want to attend, fine, but trying to enforce your views on other people and keep them from meeting is un-American.

Forum List

Back