religion Vs. arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry_davis

Rookie
Apr 17, 2006
i don't know who or what god is, but if such a person or thing exsist, it obviously doesn't want us to know anything about it, otherwise we wouldn't be playing a guessing game. religion is dangerous to me, religious people often are convinced they know it all, yet have no answers, proof or can't solve anything. who's to say your god is real more than someone elses?
:whip3:

If God didn't want me to know about him, he wouldn't talk to me or have written a book. And I don't think I know everything. In fact, the more I find out, the more I realize that I don't know.

Hobbit said:
If God didn't want me to know about him, he wouldn't talk to me or have written a book. And I don't think I know everything. In fact, the more I find out, the more I realize that I don't know.

god talks to you? why you and nobody else? don't take this the wrong way but you might wanna see a head shrink.

also, god didn't write the bible. some guy did, i could write a bible, doesn't make it true. don't be so gullable. life isn't about serving "god", it's for serving mankind.

larry_davis said:
god talks to you? why you and nobody else? don't take this the wrong way but you might wanna see a head shrink.

also, god didn't write the bible. some guy did, i could write a bible, doesn't make it true. don't be so gullable. life isn't about serving "god", it's for serving mankind.

You're very within your rights to believe what you do - Please don't insult others because of what or how THEY believe. Mmkay?

larry_davis said:

You're assuming he doesn't talk to anyone else.

And, actually, a lot of different people, who had no way of comparing notes, actually put the pen to the paper, and there are no contradictions and an amazing number of 'coincidences.' There's plenty of evidence of God. You just don't want to admit it because the existance of God would wreck your idea of life.

I'd like to be under the sea
In an octopus' garden in the shade
He'd let us in, knows where we've been
In his octopus' garden in the shade

I'd ask my friends to come and see
An octopus' garden with me
In an octopus' garden in the shade.

We would be warm below the storm
In our little hideaway beneath the waves
Resting our head on the sea bed
In an octopus' garden near a cave

We would sing and dance around
because we know we can't be found
In an octopus' garden in the shade

We would shout and swim about
The coral that lies beneath the waves
(Lies beneath the ocean waves)
Oh what joy for every girl and boy
Knowing they're happy and they're safe
(Happy and they're safe)

We would be so happy you and me
No one there to tell us what to do
In an octopus' garden with you.

-----------

I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me.
Love was out to get me
That's the way it seemed.
Disappointment haunted all my dreams.

Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldn't leave her if I tried.

I thought love was more or less a given thing,
Seems the more I gave the less I got.
What's the use in tryin'?
All you get is pain.
When I needed sunshine I got rain.

Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer
Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
I'm in love, I'm a believer!
I couldn't leave her if I tried.

Malted Chocolate Caramel Pie

Chocolate graham crust covered with chocolate truffle, filled with chocolate mousse and accented with malted milk, them topped with caramel and decorated with chocolate cream.

attachment.php

Attachments

• $chocpie.jpg
    $chocpie.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 131
dmp said:
Malted Chocolate Caramel Pie

Chocolate graham crust covered with chocolate truffle, filled with chocolate mousse and accented with malted milk, them topped with caramel and decorated with chocolate cream.

attachment.php
Good Lord! Where did you find THAT! :shocked: I want it.

Hobbit said:

Ummmm...people put the book down on paper. And while it's fine to believe otherwise, it's "faith"' that you're relying on for that belief.

One can *think* they have it right without assuming everyone else is going to hell or deserves to die.

Religious zealotry in any form is scary.

jillian said:
Ummmm...people put the book down on paper. And while it's fine to believe otherwise, it's "faith"' that you're relying on for that belief.

Actually - believing the Bible to be the inspired word of God is the 'most likely' conclusion.

Have you researched the variables which would have had to have been in place for the Books of the bible to happen by accident?

Astounding. :)

jillian said:

One can *think* they have it right without assuming everyone else is going to hell or deserves to die.

Religious zealotry in any form is scary.

Easy Jillian---no one has sent you anywhere.

dmp said:
Actually - believing the Bible to be the inspired word of God is the 'most likely' conclusion.

Have you researched the variables which would have had to have been in place for the Books of the bible to happen by accident?

Astounding. :)

"Inspired" ..... Well, I might believe that. Or I might believe that the bible is a bunch of parables woven together to teach moral lessons.

Why would there have to have been multiple variables for a culture's spoken lore mixed with history to have made it to paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back