Religion should have freedom from contraception but no mosque in NY lol

location shouldnt matter, it religion is truly protected in this country they could have technically built one at the World Trade site

So you can Worship in Your Victory Mosque? Conquest Mosque? :eusa_whistle: Who are you to decree what matters and what doesn't? How about contributing to The Catholic Church in Mecca Fund?
my opinion on this is very clear. if religion is truly to be protected in the united states, then every religion must be treated the exact same. thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country. you can not pick and choose which religions get special treatment and which dont. if the state can dictate where a specific religious institution builds, then the can dictate what all religious institutions build. so if the catholic church tried to build a facility near ground zero, the government could set in a deny them that privilege.

i never said it wouldnt be insensitive for a mosque near ground zero, but its not illegal.

Each should be treated according to Merritt, Action causes reaction. No two circumstances are alike. To say an institution should be treated with impartiality is one thing. To say Every Institution should be treated in exactly the same way is Bullshit. It is Totalitarian. You want to protest the Construction of a Catholic Facility, it will be moved. I've seen it done. So, again you are full of shit. You now speak of the Legality of the Mosque Construction. That is not being challenged. Deja Vu. Again, full of Shit. Why am I not surprised.

here it is.

you bedwetters are citing history of islamic conquest for your "victory mosque" hook, and when you put the "victory mosque" into its historical context, you lose the hook.

choke on it.

In 630, Muhammad led 10,000 Muslim soldiers into Mecca and turned the pagans’ most prominent spot, the Ka’aba, into the Masjid al-Haram Mosque.

In 634, Rightly Guided Caliph Umar conquered Syria and turned the Christians’ most prominent spot, the Church of Job, famous for being visited by Saint Silva in the fourth century, into the Mosque of Job.

In 637, Caliph Umar conquered Hebron and turned the second-most prominent spot in Judaism, the Cave of the Patriarchs, into the Ibrahim Mosque. (This was repeated by Saladin in 1188.)

In 638, Muslim generals Amr ibn al-As and Khalid ibn al-Walid conquered Gaza and turned the prominent fifth-century Byzantine church into the Great Mosque of Gaza.

In 638, Caliph Umar conquered Jerusalem.

In 691, Caliph Al-Malik ordered the _Dome of the Rock_ built on the most prominent spot in Judaism, the Temple Mount, followed by Caliph Al-Walid building the Al-Aqsa Mosque there in 705.

In 651, Muslims conquered Persia and turned Zoroastrian temples in Bukhara and Istakhr into mosques.

In 706, after Muslims took Damascus from the Byzantine Empire, Caliph Al-Walid turned the prominent Orthodox Church of St. John the Baptist into the Umayyad Mosque.

In 710, Gen. Muhammad bin Qasim conquered Pakistan, defiled the prominent Sun Temple in Multan, which house the great idol “sanam,” and erected a mosque.

In 784, after the conquest of Spain, Emir Abd ar-Rahman turned the prominent Visigothic Christian Church of Saint Vincent into the Great Aljama Mosque of Cordoba.

After the conquest of Egypt, Caliphs al-Mamun (813-833) and al-Hakim (996-1021) turned prominent Coptic Christian churches and Jewish synagogues in Cairo into mosques.

In 831, Muslims conquered Palermo, Sicily, and Asad ibn al-Furat turned the prominent Church of Saint Mary of the Assumption into the Great Mosque of Bal ‘harm.

In 1193, Muslims conquered Delhi, India, and Qutbuddin Aibak turned the Red Citadel in Dhillika, the most prominent spot of the last Hindu rulers, into the Qutb Minar Mosque.

From 1250-1517, Mamluk Muslims controlled the Golan Heights and used the ancient Synagogue of Katzrin as a mosque.

In 1387, Turkish Muslims conquered Thessaloniki and turned the Katholikon Monastery and the Church of Aghia Sophia, which housed the relics of Saint Gregorios Palamas, into mosques, as Symeon of Thessaloniki recorded:

“The greatest number of the buildings of the churches fell to them, of which _the first_ was the Holy Church of the Savior. … These were trampled underfoot and the infidels rejoiced in them. … Most of the religious buildings in the city were despoiled, while altars were demolished and sacred things profaned.”

On May 29, 1453, Sultan Mehmet II conquered Constantinople and turned the great Byzantine church, Hagia Sophia, into the Ayasofya Mosque.

The _largest_ church in Christendom for a thousand years, the church’s four acres of gold mosaics was covered with whitewash and Quran verses.

In 1458, Sultan Mehmet II conquered Athens and turned the Greeks’ most prominent spot, the Parthenon on Acropolis hill, into a mosque. When Venetian Gen.

Francesco Morosini drove the Muslims out in 1687, a cannonball hit the gunpowder stored in the mosque, blowing it up. In the 15th century, Ottoman invaders turned Saint Clement’s Macedonian Orthodox Monastery in Plaosnik, Balkans, into the Imater Mosque.

From 1519-1858, Muslim Mughal rulers gained control of India and turned over 2,000 Hindu temples into mosques, including demolishing the Temple of Ram Janmabhoomi in Ajodhya, the birthplace of Rama, and replacing it with the Babri Mosque.

India’s Mughal Muslim ruler, Jahangir (1605-1627), wrote in Tujuk-i-Jahangiri: “At the city of Banaras [was] a temple. … I made it my plea for throwing down thee temple … and on the spot, with the very same materials, I erected the great mosque.”

In 1543, Hayreddin Barbarossa’s 30,000 Muslim troops wintered in Toulon, France, and turned the prominent Toulon Cathedral into a mosque.

In 1570, under Sultan Selim II Khan, Muslims conquered Paphos, Cyprus, and Gov. Mehmet Bey Ebubkir turned the prominent Christian church into the Great Mosque of Paphos.

In 1571, Muslims invaded Famagusta, Cyprus, and turned Saint Nicolas Cathedral, a rare Gothic church, into the Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, and Saint Sophia Cathedral in Nicosia, constructed in 1228, into the Selimiye Mosque.

In 1588, Sultan Murat III turned the Eastern Orthodox Church of Saint John the Forerunner in Constantinople into the Hirami Ahmet Pasha Mosque.

In 1781, after having conquered the Old City of Acre, Ottoman Muslims turned the Roman Catholic Church built by Crusaders into the Jezzar Ahmet Pasha Mosque, where a hair from Muhammad’s beard is preserved.

In 1923, Muslims expelled Greeks from Turkey and turned Orthodox churches into mosques. In World War II, Nazis allied with Bosnians and turned the prominent Artists’ Gallery Museum in Zagreb, Croatia, into a mosque.

In the 1950s, Muslims expelled Jews from Arab lands and turned synagogues into mosques. Algerian Muslims warred against French colonial rule till France pulled out in 1962, after which the Cathedral of St. Philippe was turned into the Ketchaoua Mosque.

Violence against Jews caused 30,000 to flee and the Great Synagogue of Oran was turned into the Mosque Abdullah Ben Salem.

In 1974, Turkish Muslims invaded northern Cyprus, and prominent Greek Orthodox churches were turned into mosques.

In 1981, Muslim immigrants to the Netherlands converted Amsterdam’s historic Catholic Sint-Ignatiuskerk into the Fatih Mosque, and a synagogue in The Hague into the Aksa Mosque.

History of Islam and How They Build Victory Mosques

you could be my sock puppet the way you run into it.

Either that or possibly you are looking at the painting upside down Dear. :eusa_whistle:

Where should we send the Prayer Rug?

I dont have a problem at all with a mosque in NY. Nor with any church anywhere.

Of course, I completely understand why people would not want a mosque a block away from the World Trade Center.

so you are advocating that we treat each religion differently?

I'm advocating no mosque near the spot where they murdered 3000 Americans.
so you want different rules for different religions. ok then im advocating no catholic churches withing 500 miles of my house. i find them offensive since they molest children. fair?

Catholic churches molest children?
I thought it was gay pedophiles.

So you can Worship in Your Victory Mosque? Conquest Mosque? :eusa_whistle: Who are you to decree what matters and what doesn't? How about contributing to The Catholic Church in Mecca Fund?
my opinion on this is very clear. if religion is truly to be protected in the united states, then every religion must be treated the exact same. thus meaning it is legal to build a mosque on private property anywhere in the country. you can not pick and choose which religions get special treatment and which dont. if the state can dictate where a specific religious institution builds, then the can dictate what all religious institutions build. so if the catholic church tried to build a facility near ground zero, the government could set in a deny them that privilege.

i never said it wouldnt be insensitive for a mosque near ground zero, but its not illegal.

Each should be treated according to Merritt, Action causes reaction. No two circumstances are alike. To say an institution should be treated with impartiality is one thing. To say Every Institution should be treated in exactly the same way is Bullshit. It is Totalitarian. You want to protest the Construction of a Catholic Facility, it will be moved. I've seen it done. So, again you are full of shit. You now speak of the Legality of the Mosque Construction. That is not being challenged. Deja Vu. Again, full of Shit. Why am I not surprised.

The legality of the so-called ground zero mosque was challenged. You don't know what you're talking about.

The legality of the so-called ground zero mosque was challenged. You don't know what you're talking about.

What prevailed? You, as a Citizen have every right to challenge, or do advocate changing that. From my personal perspective, there was no Legal Challenge, many others feel that way. Trying to change Zoning Ordinances is also your right to try, that does not mean you will succeed. It's your dime. Opening a Butcher Shop across the street is another option, if one was obsessed with stopping the Mosque. Also legal. For the Record, I am not against Mosques, I am against Victory Mosques.

Just curious, what is your position on defending Churches that exist in Muslim Lands?

What prevailed? You, as a Citizen have every right to challenge, or do advocate changing that. From my personal perspective, there was no Legal Challenge, many others feel that way. Trying to change Zoning Ordinances is also your right to try, that does not mean you will succeed. It's your dime. Opening a Butcher Shop across the street is another option, if one was obsessed with stopping the Mosque. Also legal. For the Record, I am not against Mosques, I am against Victory Mosques.

Just curious, what is your position on defending Churches that exist in Muslim Lands?
if the muslim land was actually american soil and it was not already privately owned by someone else (and zoned correctly), then it would be legal. you would legally be able to build a catholic church on what is considered muslim land. ive said it several time, and even in the post you linked. "i never said it wouldnt be insensitive for a mosque near ground zero, but its not illegal."

your argument takes an interesting assumption which is all american lands are "christian" lands. what if a synagogue was proposed near ground zero, would there have been as much uproar? what about a Buddhist temple? we are not solely a christian nation anymore, we are a nation of diverse faiths as well as atheists.

Each should be treated according to Merritt, Action causes reaction.
this is probably the worst and most ignorant statement of your post. this line alone advocates for treating religions differently. you seem to be fine with limiting any religion that you disagree with its teaching. well what about those of us who disagree with all religious teaching? can we then come into power and make laws that limit your religion as you are advocating? that is in essence what you are wanting to do. just because you disagree with the muslim faith you want the government to step in a push them out. well if the first amendment truly protects the freedom of religion then you are in violation of the constitution.

here it is.

you bedwetters are citing history of islamic conquest for your "victory mosque" hook, and when you put the "victory mosque" into its historical context, you lose the hook.

choke on it.

Here it is, the Islamic faith today STILL practices killing those who make a mokery of, burn a holy text, or supports any other religion contrary to theirs. To build a mosque near the ruins of 911 is insensitive and disrespectful to the many innocent Americans who's lives were cut short, when it was those who followed the Islamic faith that was responsible for the killing of so many there. It appears you choose to be ignorant towards the views many of these Islamic extremists still believe and practice. When has an Islamic nation in that region shown any acceptance and tolerance towards any other faith that contradicts their beliefs.

Choke on that
for those of you who are mentally challenged.... there is no law against insensitively in this country. so it is legal to build that mosque.

so you argument is that because some people are bigots we should all be bigots? right.... because those are the morals and values that we want to see our children develop. lets always stoop to their level because fair is fair.....

no wonder the GOP/TP is so messed up these days.

It's amazing how the left wants to give the APPEARANCE of "tolerance" of other faiths in this country, like Islam, yet there doesn't seem to be any tolerance towards receiving opposing faith views when it contradicts the views of the left (the religious right as they are categorized, or just simply "christians"), and those that share these opposing views must subject themselves to being on the butt end of personal attacks (like the typical reference to nazi's, being unintelligent, or hate mongers). The left are the very last ones to be educating us on the importance and need to understand "tolerance". Please, I'm trying so hard not to laugh at the very notion.

Last edited:

Good Link. ;) Out of curiosity, do you know how many abortions take place in NY State every Year?

Table 19: Induced Abortion Summary by Woman's Race/Ethnicity - New York State 2009

Table 19: Induced Abortion Summary by Woman's Race/Ethnicity - New York State 2009
so you would rather see all those people have those babies and have 90% end up being supported by government services that we pay taxes to support........ good argument.

Why exactly should Government play the role of being the "responsible" parent, because so many others appear incapable of living up to their own adult responsible decisions? When is it EVER the government's job to cover for everyone elses' mistakes in life? Ever hear of the phrase, you reap what you sow? Perhaps they are better off LEARNING [God forbit we ever "LEARN" something in our lives] from the poor choices we make, so as not to undergo the same poor decisions that got them into this mess. Wow, what a concept.

Last edited:
Good Link. ;) Out of curiosity, do you know how many abortions take place in NY State every Year?

so you would rather see all those people have those babies and have 90% end up being supported by government services that we pay taxes to support........ good argument.

Why exactly should Government play the role of being the "responsible" parent, because so many others appear incapable of living up to their own adult responsible decisions? When is it EVER the government's job to cover for everyone elses' mistakes in life? Ever hear of the phrase, you reap what you sow? Perhaps they are better off LEARNING [God forbit we ever "LEARN" something in our lives] from the poor choices we make, so as not to undergo the same poor decisions that got them into this mess. Wow, what a concept.
so a woman makes a mistake and gets pregnant and your solution is to say too bad so sad she deserves it and let the child suffer? no wonder people are flocking from the church in droves. maybe you should learn something and let people live their lives according to their own morals instead of imposing yours upon them.

so a woman makes a mistake and gets pregnant and your solution is to say too bad so sad she deserves it and let the child suffer? no wonder people are flocking from the church in droves. maybe you should learn something and let people live their lives according to their own morals instead of imposing yours upon them.

Serious question.

Do you admit that if society determines that a fetus is a life form that it is no longer a question of imposing morals on other people , but is in fact a matter of upholding the laws about murder?

so a woman makes a mistake and gets pregnant and your solution is to say too bad so sad she deserves it and let the child suffer?
My solution is to support her decision no matter which way she chooses. Yes, bringing new life into the World will bring radical change to the life of the Mother. That is not necessarily bad, though you paint it that way. The True Argument is whether Religous Institutions should be forced to either directly pay or indirectly pay for Contraceptive and Abortion Services. The argument is not over the legality of Abortion. That kind of makes you a disingenuous Fuck, huh. No Surprise there. ;)

no wonder people are flocking from the church in droves.
Really. Your word is what matters here, right? :lol:

Maybe you should learn something and let people live their lives according to their own morals instead of imposing yours upon them.

Yeah, the fruits of your Socialist Utopia are so telling, void of Conscience, Responsibility, Credibility, and Competence. Good one. ;)

Care to show me a Christian who will kill you over burning a book? Get yourself back into present day not having to dig deep into some over 1000 years ago, most other faiths have evolved past spears and shields.

here it is.

choke on it.

Here it is, the Islamic faith today STILL practices killing those who make a mokery of, burn a holy text, or supports any other religion contrary to theirs. To build a mosque near the ruins of 911 is insensitive and disrespectful to the many innocent Americans who's lives were cut short, when it was those who followed the Islamic faith that was responsible for the killing of so many there. It appears you choose to be ignorant towards the views many of these Islamic extremists still believe and practice. When has an Islamic nation in that region shown any acceptance and tolerance towards any other faith that contradicts their beliefs.

Choke on that

Mokery? Shakles?

Somebody! Please! Buy this poor man a bag of C's!!

Forum List

Back