Religion(s) and the pursuit of knowledge

Glad to hear it. ;)

btw: We all love Allie, but debating anything with her is an exercise in abject futility. Her mind is closed and she elevates circular logic to an art form. It's actually quite amusing at times.

I've been asking Allie to show me her evidence but she never responds.
Silly!! Allie doesn't base her opinions on real evidence and common sense. Only loony liberals pull that sort of subversive crap.

First post evidence that the creation of the universe is a coincidence.

You can't, so our evidence is equal.

I can post evidence which vouches for the veracity of the bible, though.

No, it wouldn't.

However, that will never happen.God does exist and there will never be any proof to the contrary.

First post evidence that the creation of the universe is a coincidence.

You can't, so our evidence is equal.

I can post evidence which vouches for the veracity of the bible, though.
You said there was more evidence, Allie, not that the evidence was equal.

:lol:

"Together with Roger Penrose, I developed a new set of mathematical techniques, for dealing with this and similar problems. We showed that if General Relativity was correct, any reasonable model of the universe must start with a singularity. This would mean that science could predict that the universe must have had a beginning, but that it could not predict how the universe should begin: for that one would have to appeal to God." Stephen W. Hawking "Origin of the Universe" lecture

"Together with Roger Penrose, I developed a new set of mathematical techniques, for dealing with this and similar problems. We showed that if General Relativity was correct, any reasonable model of the universe must start with a singularity. This would mean that science could predict that the universe must have had a beginning, but that it could not predict how the universe should begin: for that one would have to appeal to God." Stephen W. Hawking "Origin of the Universe" lecture

You should read Paul Davies, he's right into this.

Thanks, Dev baby!

At least I know I can count on you to keep your promises.

No, it wouldn't.

However, that will never happen.God does exist and there will never be any proof to the contrary.

Nor will there be any proof that leprechauns and unicorns don't exist and it's not because those things DO exist.

The creation of the world isn't being attributed to leprechauns or unicorns, nor is anyone saying that they couldn't have created it without showing exactly how it WAS created.

Not only that, leprechauns and unicorns may have existed, as you say, there's no evidence to prove otherwise.

The creation of the world isn't being attributed to leprechauns or unicorns, nor is anyone saying that they couldn't have created it without showing exactly how it WAS created.

Not only that, leprechauns and unicorns may have existed, as you say, there's no evidence to prove otherwise.

You need a refresher course in logic.

Wanna see some quotes from some really stupid people?

http://www.fstdt.com/fundies/top100.aspx?archive=1
LOL! This one cracked me up:

No, everyone is born Christian. Only later in life do people choose to stray from Jesus and worship satan instead. Atheists have the greatest "cover" of all, they insist they believe in no god yet most polls done and the latest research indicates that they are actually a different sect of Muslims. Trinidad and Tobago, CARM [Comments (507)] [2006-Oct-01]

Ravi will love it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back