Religion Junked In Favor Of Politics

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
Billy Graham's Website Stops Saying Directly That Mormons Are In A 'Cult' : The Two-Way : NPR

"The website for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has removed Mormonism, the religion of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, from a list of religions it considered cults, according to a story from The Citizen Times in Asheville, N.C.

The move came days after the Rev. Billy Graham lent his support to Romney's campaign."

Nothing like standing on principles.

131623013261-butthurt.png

Romney can flip flop at will, so why can't everyone do it!

It is time for Christians to band together against the atheists.

That's a funny one.

"Christians" have said, in large majority, that Mormonism is a cult. That it isn't Christian. That it's a peversion of the Christian message.

and now, because it's a Mormon for the party of the religious.... it's A-ok.

Hypocrisy is a "sin."

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it less true. Mormonism in a religion of Christianity. Protestants also think that Catholicism is a cult. Roman Catholics to many evangelicals aren't real Christians. Now is not the time to nit pick theological matters over who is the better Christian when the entirety of Christian values is under assault.

Billy Graham's Website Stops Saying Directly That Mormons Are In A 'Cult' : The Two-Way : NPR

"The website for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association has removed Mormonism, the religion of GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney, from a list of religions it considered cults, according to a story from The Citizen Times in Asheville, N.C.

The move came days after the Rev. Billy Graham lent his support to Romney's campaign."

Nothing like standing on principles.

Heh...

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it less true. Mormonism in a religion of Christianity. Protestants also think that Catholicism is a cult. Roman Catholics to many evangelicals aren't real Christians. Now is not the time to nit pick theological matters over who is the better Christian when the entirety of Christian values is under assault.

ah. a "christian nation" adherent.

I don't care one way or the other. I've always found the "mormons aren't really christian, catholics aren't really christian, etc.. crap to be entirely bigotted.

But now, to try and throw support behind a candidate, because he supposedly agrees with christian values, and throwing away principles of your churches to do it, is mass hypocricy.

So from the pulpit, people can preach that mormons are a cult and going to hell, but now, he's the best choice for the nation.

do people beat their head against the ground before coming up with this shit?

A candidates religion isn't an issue. His positions are.

Gay marriage? Abortion? Obamacare and it's attack on the Christian beliefs? ... These are about the only political topics that would come up in an election and Romney is on the right side of all of them, Obama is on the wrong side of all of them ... (contraceptives are available everywhere and no president is going to change that)

The added bonus to electing someone who believes in God is that he believes that he will be judged on his actions by a higher power. Something that Obama doesn't believe, after all, he could (and likely will) pardon all those involved, including himself, from any Libyian or fast in ferocious charges.

All in all .... I find Romneys religious leanings a plus

Gay marriage? Abortion? Obamacare and it's attack on the Christian beliefs? ... These are about the only political topics that would come up in an election and Romney is on the right side of all of them, Obama is on the wrong side of all of them ... (contraceptives are available everywhere and no president is going to change that)

The added bonus to electing someone who believes in God is that he believes that he will be judged on his actions by a higher power. Something that Obama doesn't believe, after all, he could (and likely will) pardon all those involved, including himself, from any Libyian or fast in ferocious charges.

A candidates religion isn't an issue? Sorry, that smells like bullshit.

30% of Republicans think that Obama is a MUSLIM, and that's good enough reason for him to be unfit for office.

And don't fool yourself in to thiking that people believing in God has any real bearing on their actions. Think Crusades, Witch trials..... people do things entirely inconsistent with the God they claim to follow.

It is time for Christians to band together against the atheists.
It is time for people w/ brains to band together against the rw kool aid drinking sheeple (you)

ah. a "christian nation" adherent.

I don't care one way or the other. I've always found the "mormons aren't really christian, catholics aren't really christian, etc.. crap to be entirely bigotted.

But now, to try and throw support behind a candidate, because he supposedly agrees with christian values, and throwing away principles of your churches to do it, is mass hypocricy.

So from the pulpit, people can preach that mormons are a cult and going to hell, but now, he's the best choice for the nation.

do people beat their head against the ground before coming up with this shit?

I see you've met Katzndogs. She's one of the most partisan rw kool aid drinkers on the board. ;)

Last edited:
I would not vote for a Muslim not because of Allah (or however you spell it) but because of their stance on reducing woman to the status of property

Obama is waging a war on religious freedoms, no matter the religion that is his target, all religious people need to take heed, because their faith could and likely would be next.

I would not vote for a Muslim not because of Allah (or however you spell it) but because of their stance on reducing woman to the status of property

Obama is waging a war on religious freedoms, no matter the religion that is his target, all religious people need to take heed, because their faith could and likely would be next.

That is impossible, since Faith is an individual mandate. Peole CANNOT mandate faith. If you believe something, you believe it. That CANNOT be voted on, taken away, legislated.

And you should check Mitt's position on Women, if that is your key concern. (or the offical Morman position on it.) Or the fundamentalist Christian poistion on it. Need I go on?

That is impossible, since Faith is an individual mandate. Peole CANNOT mandate faith. If you believe something, you believe it. That CANNOT be voted on, taken away, legislated.

And you should check Mitt's position on Women, if that is your key concern. (or the offical Morman position on it.) Or the fundamentalist Christian poistion on it. Need I go on?

That alone should change his vote from Mitt but we know he'll use pretzel logic to somehow justify not voting for the President.

The message the is preached by any religion is taken in differently by each person that hears it. Though the same words are spoken or read in a church, each person hears different.

You can sit at your computer and type out verbatim chapter and verse, and I could refute what you take away from that chapter and verse ... That tends to go nowhere rather quickly.

You interpret my faith different then I do, and I'm fine with that. I tend to seperate my political and religious life because as we all know, politicians lie, a lot and as such, I tend to not believe them. However when one has a strong faith, as Romney does (having served as a pastor) then I do look at the regions leaning on certain political issues to see just how close such a faith is to my own political beliefs. As the candidate is more likely then not, follow his religious leanings when faced with a political situation

I'm sorry if you don't understand that way of thinking, but I do.

You, I live in there world. I know that what a certain religion says, doesn't mean that it would ever become law just because it's from a religion ... There is ZERO chance of contraception being banned, no matter how religious a president is. There is ZERO chance of 'anti-woman' policies being passed by either house or senate in this age of woman being able to vote .... So I do tend to ignore the 'sky will fall' calls from the pundits.

Instead I look at what issues are close. What issues a president could pass, such as those listed above and how those match my own ideals and beliefs

That's this week. Romney has had more positions on core issues than positions taken in a year at the Mustang Ranch brothel.

Which is it....hypocrite or bare face liar?

New Topics

Forum List

Back