Religion is...

Truthmatters of course I will give them a try sounds interesting.

Most religions don't accept females, most religions are just a confederation of male dunces, therefore religion is a load of bollocks! :)

Not yet, but, let me guess, it goes like this, doesn't it? :dig:

You give atheists a bad name. Learn about 'most religions' before trying ... mmkay.

Here's a hint: MOST religions are not organized at all, thus why they are called pagan or heathen.

Most religions don't accept females, most religions are just a confederation of male dunces, therefore religion is a load of bollocks! :)

Not yet, but, let me guess, it goes like this, doesn't it? :dig:

Most religions don't accept females? Absolutely hilarious.

Religion is a load of bollocks!

Discuss. :)

PS 4 DUMMIES: In case you're having trouble understanding the meaning of a few ponctuated words, here's a tiresome explanation for you: Go to politicalforum.com/forum-help-feedback-etc/64034-example-troll-thread-5.html#post1064461

Religion is a great topic to abuse if one wants to be a troll.

Religious debates also tend to go nowhere in a real big hurry (see sig).

Thank you all for you contribution. I'm glad to find people willing to discuss here.

I wouldn't cast any aspersions on teachers because there are several on this board.
Did I cast any aspersion on teachers? Maybe you did by assuming something wrong. I just asked if you were a teacher, hence the question mark. That's ok, we're here to learn, I've started this thread for you, too. :)

You give atheists a bad name.
How is that?

But yes, you understod me well, I was talking about the religions we most know about, the three Abrahamic ones.

Most religions don't accept females? Absolutely hilarious.
Hey, it was both serious and ironic. Glad you're able to see one side of the coin, at least! :)

Religious debates also tend to go nowhere in a real big hurry (see sig).
Since I have no intention to go anywhere else, I guess I don't mind. Do you? :)

If you support women's rights and women's liberation, why in the world would you object to them not having a larger role in religion? Particularly if religion is bollocks? If that is so, aren't women better off being excluded from it?
Good lord, you are thinking here, thank you.

It is not my opinion that women are better off being excluded from religion. It is my opinion that religion would be less bollocks if women were more accepted by it. Yes, I find its religious, misogynystic contents to be very disturbing.

Most religions don't accept women? Well....most of the religions that I've seen, women play a pretty big part of the congregation.

Maybe what you should have said was that quite a few religions refuse to allow women in leadership positions in the church. Matter of fact, most Christian churches are like that, but, that's because the apostle Paul was sexist when it came to the ladies, and didn't believe that they should hold office in the church.

Interestingly enough, Judaism, which is where Christianity came from do respect the role of women in their religion. Some of the greatest and most revered people and prophets have been women (Ruth, Esther, etc.).

It's generally the offshoot religions (LDS, Mormon, etc), that are the worst towards women though.

Most religions don't accept women? Well....most of the religions that I've seen, women play a pretty big part of the congregation.

Maybe what you should have said was that quite a few religions refuse to allow women in leadership positions in the church. Matter of fact, most Christian churches are like that, but, that's because the apostle Paul was sexist when it came to the ladies, and didn't believe that they should hold office in the church.

Interestingly enough, Judaism, which is where Christianity came from do respect the role of women in their religion. Some of the greatest and most revered people and prophets have been women (Ruth, Esther, etc.).

It's generally the offshoot religions (LDS, Mormon, etc), that are the worst towards women though.

Some Orthodox Jewish sects are just as oppressive in their treatment of women as the FLDS and fundamentalist Muslim sects Women were not permitted to be rabbis or cantors till very recently.

Some Orthodox Jewish sects are just as oppressive in their treatment of women as the FLDS and fundamentalist Muslim sects Women were not permitted to be rabbis or cantors till very recently.

The operative word is SOME not ALL. Overall, Judaism is pretty decent to women.

Christianity on the other hand..........

Not christianity per se ... but the churches. Their christ actually says they should be treated better than men in some places, even gives a whore more honor by marrying her (most likely).

Not christianity per se ... but the churches. Their christ actually says they should be treated better than men in some places, even gives a whore more honor by marrying her (most likely).

Yeah.....and the Christians following the dictates of Paul is what has contributed the most towards their subjugation of women.

Yeah.....and the Christians following the dictates of Paul is what has contributed the most towards their subjugation of women.

I'm a christian, and have never subjugated women.

But of course, that's just me. I'm sure the majority of Christian men subjugate several times a day.

Reform Judaism, yes. Orthodox women still have no right to representation under rabbinical law. But the all three Abrahamic religions, Judaism, Xtianity and Islam are rooted in ethnic traditions which excluded women from positions of power. I don't think the religions themselves are misogynist, but that most of the older or more conservative sects of all three have yet to shed those ancient habits of inequality between the sexes.

So only the religions that have what you consider to be unfair "rules" agaisnt women piss you off ?

Absolutely. Do you know any religion which grants women equal rights?

So, dilloduck, could you find someone qualified to be "controversial" with me? Because I'm still waiting. I've been answering your questions so far but didn't know you would scurry away at the sight of one of mine! :lol:

Forum List

Back