Religion is evil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
Maybe…

What would the world be like if there wasn’t religious indoctrination of the young, no matter the religion.

Oh I know, my (religion) is right, yours is wrong, just like my Congressman is good but yours sux, right?

So…..what would it be like, peaceful maybe?

Mr. P said:
Maybe…

What would the world be like if there wasn’t religious indoctrination of the young, no matter the religion.

Oh I know, my (religion) is right, yours is wrong, just like my Congressman is good but yours sux, right?

No, it would be nothing of the sort.

Many blame religion for the deaths of millions. And that is true. However, during its single century of existence, atheistic communism was responsible for the deaths of 100 million people . Without the fear of God, people are capable of anything.

Whether there is a God or not is immaterial here, the fact is that the concept of the existence of God is necessary if for nothing else but to save us from our nature.

Mr. P said:
Maybe…

We would be acting like selfish animals, to the detriment of society. A lack of moral code would mean we would couldn't work together, always being leary of one another, trusting noone.

KarlMarx said:
No, it would be nothing of the sort.

Many blame religion for the deaths of millions. And that is true. However, during its single century of existence, atheistic communism was responsible for the deaths of 100 million people . Without the fear of God, people are capable of anything.

Whether there is a God or not is immaterial here, the fact is that the concept of the existence of God is necessary if for nothing else but to save us from our nature.

excellent.

:)

rtwngAvngr said:
... A lack of moral code would mean we would couldn't work together, always being leary of one another, trusting noone.
See, that's my point, whos' moral code do you think is correct?
Yours of course, but.....

rtwngAvngr said:
We would be acting like selfish animals, to the detriment of society. A lack of moral code would mean we would couldn't work together, always being leary of one another, trusting noone.

Some believe Morals aren't the result of Religion, but rather are innate; everyone is born generally 'good'.

Mr. P said:

Most religions have very close to the same Moral code. The concepts around the 10 commandments are universal.

Mr. P said:

That's not the issue; the point is that all societies need one. Of course, you can try to change the subject to phantom ethnocentricism, but it doesn't negate my correctness.

Mr. P said:
Crap yea got me again! A conservative must follow what religion, and a lib must follow what religion?:teeth:

Think abstracter. Conservative believe in values; libs think values are "preachy" and hypocritical.

Mr. P said:
Crap yea got me again! A conservative must follow what religion, and a lib must follow what religion?:teeth:

my humble opinion puts you as a ultra conservative for money issues..and a ultra lib when it comes to letting you do what makes you feel good! :blues:

rtwngAvngr said:
That's not the issue; the point is that all societies need one. Of course, you can try to change the subject to phantom ethnocentricism, but it doesn't negate my correctness.
You're correct, "moral code" is what you posted it isn't the issue. It really is, "What would the world be like if there wasn’t religious indoctrination of the young, no matter the religion".

archangel said:
my humble opinion puts you as a ultra conservative for money issues..and a ultra lib when it comes to letting you do what makes you feel good! :blues:

Mr. P needed your approval. Taking me on is tough work. Do you think you two b-f#cking each other will strengthen the both of you?

Mr. P said:
You're correct, "moral code" is what you posted it isn't the issue. It really is, "What would the world be like if there wasn’t religious indoctrination of the young, no matter the religion".

Moral codes come from religion and religious training starts early. According to my measurements I'm dead on.

Mr. P said:
Non-answer.

Let me reexplain, for the densest among us. Conservatives believe in morals, libs think morals are hypocritical, because noone is perfect. So asking "which religion makes you x or y" is really the wrong question.

Mr. P said:

The young would be indoctrinated in some fashion and it would not all be the same. There are a million things to fight about other than religion and war would still occur.

rtwngAvngr said:
Mr. P needed your approval. Taking me on is tough work. Do you think you two b-f#cking each other will strengthen the both of you?

I received a CD from My daughter for one of several presents from her to me..it was a CD by Rick Nelson...who I am familiar with as I grew up in Burbank Calif in the late 50's and early sixtees...one song woke me up to my past..."Garden Party" " Ya can't please everyone so ya got to please yourself"
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! :wtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back