Religion, how I hate thee

Actually, it was the Torah that was given to Moshe on Sinai.

The "written law"... I acknowledged that above. The Talmud is the "oral Torah". Feel free to look this up yourself if you don't feel like taking my word for it.

Why'd he write it some 3-5 different styles that are characteristic of entirely different persons, use different names for the same deity, and include two totally different ideologies (see El Sect v. YHWH Sect)

☭proletarian☭;2092245 said:

Why'd he write it some 3-5 different styles that are characteristic of entirely different persons, use different names for the same deity, and include two totally different ideologies (see El Sect v. YHWH Sect)

He didn't write it 3-5 different styles. It was translated from the original Hebrew, to Coptic and Greek, and then into Latin and English.

Each language (other than Hebrew) believes they have the right translation. Why was it written in Hebrew? Because God gave it to the Jews.

After Rome sacked and burned Jerusalem, the Romans mixed Christianity and Christ's teachings with paganism and came up with the Catholic church.

So, God didn't make a whole bunch of different versions. Mankind did.

He didn't write it 3-5 different styles. It was translated from the original Hebrew, to Coptic and Greek, and then into Latin and English.

Each language (other than Hebrew) believes they have the right translation. Why was it written in Hebrew? Because God gave it to the Jews.

After Rome sacked and burned Jerusalem, the Romans mixed Christianity and Christ's teachings with paganism and came up with the Catholic church.

There are numerous translations directly from Hebrew that still exhibit vast differences in writing style between books.

There are numerous translations directly from Hebrew that still exhibit vast differences in writing style between books.

Really? Might wanna check again, because the Torah has never changed. Not one jot, not one tittle.

One of the reasons that the Romans were so interested in Judaism was because all of their texts were EXACTLY THE SAME.

Whenever other places in Europe tried to get scribes to copy books, one book was done by one scribe, and there were always words changed, or the illustrations were slightly different.

In some cases, entire sentences were changed.

As far as the various translations? Well.......have you ever studied Hebrew? It's a very interesting language, and depending on the jots and tittles around the letters, it can change the entire word.

How do I know this? I watch God's Learning Channel twice a week. The show is "Hidden in the Hebrew" with Uri Harel.

He goes verse by verse in the OT (after all, it IS their book), tells you what the exact translation is, as well as what the context is of the word and why it was used that way.

Ya wanna get a translation, have it done by a Torah scholar. Otherwise, you're just pissing in the wind.

In that period of time, the Jews were just slaves perhaps with no concept of Law, they obey masters instead of law. And as slaves, their masters can take whatever from them, f**king their babies shouldn't be any exception. The Jews changed later on after Moses brought them the Law and they settled themselves in the land of Caanan.

The passage NB referred to came from the Talmud, the orally transmitted part of the Torah. It is supposed to have come from Moses (A.S.) as well.

Are you sure that it didn't come from Abraham?

It seems to me that you are the most clueless while ignorant one here. Torah (a.k.a. Mosaic Law) is introduced by Moses.

The passage NB referred to came from the Talmud, the orally transmitted part of the Torah. It is supposed to have come from Moses (A.S.) as well.

Are you sure that it didn't come from Abraham?
Rabbinic Jews, which is to say "mainstream" Jews, believe that the Talmud was given to Moses (AS) on Sinai along with the written law.

All Jews almost without exception believe that the Torah was given to Moses. Mainstream Jews also believe in Oral Torah along with the written Torah, yet both are thought to be given to Moses.

This is just a rant.

Yes, before I wrote this, I did get pissed off.

Yes, this is stream-of-consciousness sort of thing.

I will never understand how can so many intelligent, sensible human beings spend energy and time on such an idiotic thing as religion.

All religions are fucked-up, wrong and have caused more evil than good. All of them. There is some sick-ass shit in all the holy books of the world that you all revere so much. In Talmud, it is spelled out, that one can 'acquire a three-year-old maiden in marriage through coition,' Mohammed was himself a pedophile, and we all know what evil crap is in the bible ... the worst of it in the Old Testament. And what about the caste system in Indian societies that was directly created from Hinduism?

Why would anyone be proud of belonging to any of these vile 'philosophies'? To these 'sets of beliefs' that include such disgusting shit as the examples I mentioned? Why would anyone be proud of being Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu? If you are religious, answer me then, what does 'your religion' have to do with you personally? How can you be proud of something you personally have NOTHING to do with? You did not create it, you probably do not even believe most of it (I doubt most Jews even know of the above-mentioned Talmud passage, for example) ... then how can you really 'belong to it', 'subscribe to it' or even 'be proud of it'?

I'm searching for LOGIC here!

It's bewildering and boggles my mind that so many extremely intelligent people that have so many talents and such a great capacity for learning would squander it on such an IDIOTIC thing as religion is.

I'm disgusted by the fact.

I'm looking forward to all the 'fire and brimstone' from all you innocent pious (uber) people.

:lol:

The books and men are worldly, God is what should be revered.

Forum List

Back