Religion, how I hate thee

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
This is just a rant.

Yes, before I wrote this, I did get pissed off.

Yes, this is stream-of-consciousness sort of thing.

I will never understand how can so many intelligent, sensible human beings spend energy and time on such an idiotic thing as religion.

All religions are fucked-up, wrong and have caused more evil than good. All of them. There is some sick-ass shit in all the holy books of the world that you all revere so much. In Talmud, it is spelled out, that one can 'acquire a three-year-old maiden in marriage through coition,' Mohammed was himself a pedophile, and we all know what evil crap is in the bible ... the worst of it in the Old Testament. And what about the caste system in Indian societies that was directly created from Hinduism?

Why would anyone be proud of belonging to any of these vile 'philosophies'? To these 'sets of beliefs' that include such disgusting shit as the examples I mentioned? Why would anyone be proud of being Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu? If you are religious, answer me then, what does 'your religion' have to do with you personally? How can you be proud of something you personally have NOTHING to do with? You did not create it, you probably do not even believe most of it (I doubt most Jews even know of the above-mentioned Talmud passage, for example) ... then how can you really 'belong to it', 'subscribe to it' or even 'be proud of it'?

I'm searching for LOGIC here!

It's bewildering and boggles my mind that so many extremely intelligent people that have so many talents and such a great capacity for learning would squander it on such an IDIOTIC thing as religion is.

I'm disgusted by the fact.

I'm looking forward to all the 'fire and brimstone' from all you innocent pious (uber) people.

:lol:

Last edited:
I disagree with you. More to the point I marvel how anyone intelligent can not be interested in religion. What great mind exists that doesnt want to understand everything they can?

I disagree with you. More to the point I marvel how anyone intelligent can not be interested in religion. What great mind exists that doesnt want to understand everything they can?

I disagree with you. More to the point I marvel how anyone intelligent can not be interested in science. What great mind exists that doesnt want to understand everything they can?

Religion is a cop-out for those with no desire to truly understand.

Who says people can't be interested in science and religion?

The scientists who cracked the human genome are devoted Chrsitians, btw.

This is your problem that I see. Do you approach every aspect of your life only with logic? Do emotions and feelings have any value in our decision making and thought processes?

Are you like Ben Stiller in the movie "Along Came Polly" and need to approach which person to marry through logically considering who is the "safest" to marry?

☭proletarian☭;2084011 said:

I disagree with you. More to the point I marvel how anyone intelligent can not be interested in science. What great mind exists that doesnt want to understand everything they can?

Religion is a cop-out for those with no desire to truly understand.

Seems that the more people think they understand the less understanding they become.

Religion and science sometimes are the same thing.

Just look at Global Warming believers. They use faux science to explain their beliefs.

Religion, how I hate thee

You're just jealous because you couldn't hang with this crowd:

Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.
Ezekiel 23:19-21

This is just a rant.

Yes, before I wrote this, I did get pissed off.

Yes, this is stream-of-consciousness sort of thing.

I will never understand how can so many intelligent, sensible human beings spend energy and time on such an idiotic thing as religion.

All religions are fucked-up, wrong and have caused more evil than good. All of them. There is some sick-ass shit in all the holy books of the world that you all revere so much. In Talmud, it is spelled out, that one can 'acquire a three-year-old maiden in marriage through coition,' Mohammed was himself a pedophile, and we all know what evil crap is in the bible ... the worst of it in the Old Testament. And what about the caste system in Indian societies that was directly created from Hinduism?

Why would anyone be proud of belonging to any of these vile 'philosophies'? To these 'sets of beliefs' that include such disgusting shit as the examples I mentioned? Why would anyone be proud of being Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Hindu? If you are religious, answer me then, what does 'your religion' have to do with you personally? How can you be proud of something you personally have NOTHING to do with? You did not create it, you probably do not even believe most of it (I doubt most Jews even know of the above-mentioned Talmud passage, for example) ... then how can you really 'belong to it', 'subscribe to it' or even 'be proud of it'?

It's bewildering and boggles my mind that so many extremely intelligent people that have so many talents and such a great capacity for learning would squander it on such an IDIOTIC thing as religion is.

I'm disgusted by the fact.

I'm looking forward to all the 'fire and brimstone' from all you innocent pious (uber) people.

:lol:

Actually, religion is just a fairly primitive way to connect with God.

Interestingly enough, there has been several philosophies/theologies that have combined both science and religion.

Judaism and Tao.

But, there are also several others that find something that works well for them. They then try to relay what worked for them to others, so that they might share as well.

That is where religion is altruistic, and beneficial.

The point where it goes bad? When it says that their belief is the only right one, and that every other belief must adhere to theirs.

It's been said before, that either God is Everything, or He is Nothing.

Both are true by the way......you just gotta understand the paradox (Tao helps by the way).

Or, think of it this way.........both Eskimos and dwellers of the Kalihari desert exist on the same planet.

All religions are from God, all environments mentioned exist on earth.

What works for an Eskimo in the Arctic, won't work for the Kalihari.

What works in the Kalihari will kill you in the Arctic.

However.........take an Eskimo, introduce them to a Kalihari native and let them train them what will and won't kill them?

They'll live.

Say that the Eskimo way is the only right way?

You'll die.

Don't say that only one way works. All of them lead to the same place. Or, as the Dali Lama put it once in his book "The Art Of Happiness", "all paths lead to the top of the mountain".

My experience tells me that no truly religious person can claim that their belief is entirely rational; like love, it's rooted largely in emotion and personal mystic experience. Belief in the legitimacy of these non-sensory experiences is the fundamental difference between believers in non-believers. Determining the basis of my belief, familiarizing myself with the life of the prophet (SAWS), and studying the foundations of Islamic law convinced me that my religion provides an ideal way of life that I'm willing to embrace and defend. Religious zeal will be the most pronounced in those individuals who are the most dedicated to the tenets of their religion. Dedication is made firmer by scholarly knowledge of those tenets and the strength of the mystic experience that I mentioned above.

If you are looking for an entirely logical basis for religious belief, you will not find it. I don't mean this in a bad way, however, because I don't believe that knowledge rooted in sensory experience is superior to knowledge rooted in mystic experience as far as religious belief is concerned.

I hear what you are saying, guys. Well, especially when it comes to 'logic'.

However, I think that most of you missed the main point of my rant and that is: How can you (for example) be proud and even proselytize being Jewish when one or all of your holy books are full to the brim with vile perversions such as fucking an infant, fucking one's daughters, killing one's son (for the faith in god?), etcetera.

I don't despise the belief in 'something larger than ourselves' or some sort of an 'equation that orders all life'. I myself don't think that what we see is the only thing there is. I myself have what is called 'intuition' and I read people so well it's impossible to explain logically. I for example believe in existence of ghosts that some of my friends consider to be totally stupid.

HOWEVER, what I do not understand and what grosses me out is a person's adherence to that one religion such as Islam that they are willing to put everyone else down because of the misguided and totally WRONG notion that they are made somehow better by that certain religion! I would NEVER, EVER flaunt something as unclearly good/wrong, normal/perverse as religion is. I would NEVER subscribe to something that allows three-year-olds to be fucked by a grown man ... or something that praises a clear PEDOFILE. Yes, I am especially bewildered by what is happening to innocent children in these books.

This is basically what I'm talking about .. not about 'mystic sense' or whatever Kalam called it or a belief in 'something' itself. It's the specific religions and their literature that makes me want to throw up and it also makes me believe one has to be brainwashed to be able to accept 'the good' (like the beautitudes) together with the 'perverse' like what I already mentioned too many times.

Do I make myself clearer? Does that make better sense?

Other than that, I do believe that religious literature has its place on our bookshelves and is to be taken into account when studying a culture or its history, but calling oneself 'christian' is to me like saying: all the evil that has been done in the name of this 'faith' is ok with me. You can still believe in parts of christianity that is clearly good and helpful, but why take the ENTIRE religion on by taking the religion's name on yourself?

I'm just advocating that people actually learn their religions and realize how weird it looks when you call a pedophile 'a perfect man' or call yourself 'the chosen people,' which automatically makes you fucked up in my mind (and minds of most).

Last edited:
The solution to all the world's problems?

Kill fucking everyone.

☭proletarian☭;2084781 said:

Kill fucking everyone.

I'd beg to differ ... I'd say that 'use your brain' has a much bigger potential.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gwg9Hz5pPI]YouTube - Christopher Hitchens - Religion[/ame]

Love him or hate him or his way of expressing his opinions, he is making some of the points for me ...

Ok, I shouldn't have chosen a clip that focuses so much on Islam ... I'm sorry for that, but you get the point. This is not only about Islam, a lot of it can be applied to each and every religion. Gotta go to work now.

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;2084781 said:

Kill fucking everyone.

I'd beg to differ ... I'd say that 'use your brain' has a much bigger potential.

The problem with that idea is that most people aren't properly equipped to do such a thing.

Forum List

Back