Religion Cannot StandThe Scrutiny Of A Good Education

I'm not a bigot for the simple fact that I don't hate people, I hate ideas.

By you're logic, I have to love christianity, or else I am a bigot. I can't be vocal about my opinions about christianity, or else I am a bigot. In others words, if my views about the universe don't match yours, I'm a bigot. You are attempting to control me, and I won't have it. I won't be scared into keeping my opinions to myself. I don't like christianity. I think it is full of shit. Yet, there are thousands of denominations. I understand people are indoctrinated by this religion, so I can't blame them, and I also understand religion can save people from a lot of pain.. but that doesn't make ANY of it true. Let's get something straight. I am against all religion that tries to impose itself onto others. Christianity is by far the biggest offender here, at least in the USA, with its constant proselytizing and evangelicals who judge the world. Christianity is a huge problem, and I would only hope that people would question their beliefs a little more.

You are a bigot because of your ideas about Christians (nothing there about hate, thought thru your continuous insults to those that believe, it is apparent). Bigotry implies a superstitious, or unproven belief about a specific subject (your beliefs about Christians). Yes, your opinions of "Christians" make you a bigot. If you were refering to a specific group of "Christians" and related personal experience or could site specific beliefs that you could prove to be false, then you would not be a bigot. When you make broad, all inclusive statements that can be proven to be false (such as Christians don't use science or similar statement).

How am I attempting to "control" you? (here we go again with statements without basis) Your statement: "I don't like christianity." is the most honest thing you have said, yet. Please give evidence of Christianity being "imposed" on you. Did someone hold you down and "baptize" you? Did someone torture you to give your spirtual confession? Did someone force you to take communion? Christians have NO AUTHORITY to "judge" you or anyone else. Unless they are a saint, and are punished for their personal sins here on earth, every Christian, will be punished (along with those that become Christians on judgement day) for their sins after being judges by the LORD.

You state that Christianity is a huge problem. You are a bigot. Christianity is responsible for more charities, education, and care than any gov't on earth. Christians are the first into disaster relief efforts, and the most generous on earth. I have asked you to give evidence of a better way. All I get is how Christianity is wrong (with the token "other faiths" too). You are a "son": immature spiritually and mentally, and it would benefit you greatly to try and comprehend some of the Bible before wrongly "judging" those that follow it.

Yeah, no thanks. The bible is a fairy tale, as far as I'm concerned. If that's insulting, too bad. I'm not insulting you, I'm insulting a book. I can back this up by citing how christian mythologies are forgeries of many ancient mythologies (Horus/Osiris, Dionysis, Krishna). Yahweh himself was an Israelite war god, since the Israelites were themselves polytheists at one point. They became polytheistic monolatrists with Yahweh, and then monotheistic sometime around 600 ad, evidenced by the first two commandments which were written around this time, which only act as injunctions against worshipping any other gods.

Therefore, it does me no good to read into the bible, when the supposed deity behind it, is something I do not believe is real, at all. I know this is hard for you to understand. The burden of proof is on the theists to prove their god is real. Atheism is the default position. Theists have not met their burden of proof, therefore, I remain an agnostic atheist. I don't "know" that no gods exist, but I am unconvinced by the proposition that one does.

The idea of using faith to overcome this lack of evidence is illogical. How do I know which god is the right god? The only reason any of you are christian and think this is the right god, is geography. You were born or grew up or "saved" by people surrounding you, who happened to be christian. Were you born in the middle-east, you would be muslim; India, you would hindu. Tibet or China, buddhist, etc... This does not bode well for the theological claims that mutually exclusive religions try to make. You're justification for this discrepancy is probably "the devil planted those other religions to lead people away from god." Yet, Islam is probably saying the exact same thing about Christianity, and neither or any religion has any actual evidence for their supernatural claims. They rely on text alone, written millennia ago.

Every single syllogistic argument for the existence of god: ontological, transcendental, teleological, cosmological falls short of being valid and sound, despite how much William Lane Craig or Alvin Plantinga would argue otherwise, as well as any other non-syllogstic arguments for god (fine-tuning, beauty, etc...). It all comes back to faith in order to believe, and faith to me, is gullibility. It is touted as virtuous both in the bible and by those who hold faith, and I believe it is simply to cover over the embarrassing fact of this gullibility.

I deal with much emotional pain, and is the reason for my anger and outbursts. Because of this, I sometimes wish there was an all-loving god. It's a nice thought, and i wish something would save me sometimes from all this pain. I mention this to prove to anyone here that I am not against god. I would welcome god were he to show himself to me, however I am aware of the psychology of belief, and how good we are, as humans of convincing ourselves of something. Just because I were to believe something doesn't mean it is true. I'd rather believe something because it is true, not because it feels good.

It is common for those that do not "allow" the Lord in their lives to experience "pain" (emotional, or physical). We are spiritual creatures (explain that with evolution), and have a longing in our souls for the Lord. If we deny that longing, or try to fill it with material possessions or addictions, we will never be fullfilled. There is even one place in the NT that talks of cleaning (ridding yourself of a demon) you house (soul), and have it looking good without filling it (inviting the Lord to visit, and stay), it says the demon will return with seven of his friends. So you went from having one vice to fill the emptiness you feel without the Lord to having seven vices. It is harder to overcome that many demons, and they will wear you down. The Lord is the only One that has the power to fix that.

I am sorry you are in pain. That is something humans will not be able to help. You can choose to be like Jonah (he was stubborn too). The Lord would ask him, how's that working out for you?

Forum List

Back