Religion and Pre-Marital Sex! What say you?

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
A spin-off from another thread or two.

I am not very religious.

I do not wish to offend anyone with actual religious beliefs or faith.

But I thought it might be interesting to get a sense of what various religions ACTUALLY say about pre-marital sexual relations between consenting adults.

Let's leave the children out of it and animals and the dead too. Just the kind of sex consenting adults have with each other. Straight sex or gay sex; kinky, perverse or whatever; non-violent, consensual sex.

For you to consider and discuss -- or not.

Last edited:
Religion and Pre-Marital Sex! What say you?

Wow, I'm not very good at this. Perhaps we should ask Sarah Palin?

In classical abrahamism and other cultures, premarital sex was impossible, as the sex act (more specifically the act of defloration) was the act of marriage

I say if it weren't for my Catholic upbringing I w/have gotten laid much earlier in life. :D
I am with ya there! In high school I was on the kick of not having sex until I am married. Once I graduated and got into the real world that went away.

People are getting married later in life so I suspect very very few "adults" are waiting for marriage. I just wish parents would encourage their kids to wait until they are mature enough to accept any possible consequences.When I discuss pre marital sex with my boys my "moral lesson" centers around the responsibilities of fatherhood; not mortal sin.

What do I say about religion and pre-marital sex?

Religion? No. It seems that whenever people get involved in a religion, they generally start to think of themselves as better than others (remember, that's where the evangelical side of religion comes from, you think you are better because of your beliefs and you want to help those less fortunate than you, i.e. the "heathen"). Religion places too many divisive things to get people together. Matter of fact, look at the churches that say no to gays as opposed to the ones that allow them to be there in church without catching a bunch of garbage.

Pre-marital sex? You betcha. Why? Simple..........are you going to buy a pair of pants without trying them on first? And, sex is a hell of a lot more involved than just putting on your pants. Besides, didn't God tell us all to go forth and be fruitful and multiply? And, if you think about it, you can get rid of a pair of pants MUCH easier than you can get rid of a spouse via divorce (pants are cheaper too). So, before spending the rest of your life with someone, shouldn't make sure you're sexually as well as emotionally and spiritually compatible?

Pre marital sex yes.

Religion no.

What do I say about religion and pre-marital sex?

Not the Question in the Context of the OP...

Try again.

:)

peace...

Just because I won't shoehorn myself into the little box that you've squeezed down in to.......

Why don't you try to understand MY perspective?

Personally? I think the Puritans fucked up everything for this country concerning sex. If you go to almost ANY other country, you would see that Americans are the most hung up on sex and what is "proper".

We're also the most fanatical country over religion, second only to IsLAME.

In classical abrahamism and other cultures, premarital sex was impossible, as the sex act (more specifically the act of defloration) was the act of marriage

how was premarital sex impossible?

you might want to start with adam/eve and abraham and hagar for examples of premarital or extramarital sex.

and continue on ...solomon, david...all very randy types.

I think you should ask the conservatives. They're the ones having all the sex. Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Ted Haggard. But for Larry Craig and Ted Haggard, it's OK. They waited until they were married.

how was premarital sex impossible?

Did you read the second half of that sentence? Or are you fucking illiterate?

you might want to start with adam/eve and abraham and hagar for examples of premarital or extramarital sex.
Are you saying that adam and eve weren't married because they didn't have have 'traditions of men'?

Could you be "married in God’s eyes" or feel married without going through the sacrament or ceremony? I’ll answer that with another question. If your father was the only welder on Earth, and you needed two pieces of metal to be welded together, could they become unified if you never bring the pieces to him? You can stick them together with glue or duct tape and all them "merged", but it’s not anything like being welded together.
Were Adam and Eve married? | The REAP Team

Or are you implying that god commanded they 'be fruitful ,and multiply' outside or marriage?

and continue on ...solomon, david...all very randy types.
Cite where I said anything about 'extramarital sex'. I specifically said 'premarital.'

Last edited:
I think you should ask the conservatives. They're the ones having all the sex. Larry Craig, Mark Foley, Ted Haggard. But for Larry Craig and Ted Haggard, it's OK. They waited until they were married.

Are you incapable of posting anything without throwing in your political spin?

Forum List

Back