• Christian/Other

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Other/Other

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Not sure/Don't know/Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why is 'Republican' repugnant to you?

I, like George Washington, abhor party politics. I think we do ourselves a great disservice by dividing our nation into 2 camps in opposition to each other, when we SHOULD be ONE camp in opposition to an over-bearing, over-reaching Federal government.

George Washington said:
"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty."

• Banned
Why is 'Republican' repugnant to you?

I, like George Washington, abhor party politics. I think we do ourselves a great disservice by dividing our nation into 2 camps in opposition to each other, when we SHOULD be ONE camp in opposition to an over-bearing, over-reaching Federal government.

George Washington said:
"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty."

Well, it certainly has landed US in a world of hurt.

You didn't include Muslim/Sharia, but then their religion and government are one and the same.

New Topics

Forum List

Back