Released detainee now Yemen al-Qaida commander

Is it? Where's your evidence. I know Bush is no longer president, but he did such a poor job with the detainees in Gitmo that you can already see how poorly he did from the OP. Or do you think that was Clinton's fault? Carters?
actually, you post evidence to support your claim, I've yet to see anyone support it with FACT

(btw, someone CLAIMING they were just captured because they were there is about as valid as any prisonor in Max Security claiming he was innocent as well)

and you still don't get it that they aren't CRIMINALS thus they would not be gathering criminal evidence
you keep looking like a fucking moron when ever you make these stupid attempts
get over it, Gitmo was a legal detention for ENEMY COMBATANTS

Last edited:
Is it? Where's your evidence. I know Bush is no longer president, but he did such a poor job with the detainees in Gitmo that you can already see how poorly he did from the OP. Or do you think that was Clinton's fault? Carters?

Dont' think it was anyone's fault. It was reality check after 9/11. Had to be somewhere to put these folks.

Obama thought Gitmo closing eo was the chit to the left, then they criticized him for giving it a year. In truth he screwed up by not having 'answers' before setting a time table. He'll have to rush now or he's up the proverbial river without a paddle.

His bad luck that the story about the Yemeni al-Queda came to light at the same time. Imagine, he went through 'jihad rehab' and relapsed. :rolleyes: Now the lawyers are claiming a year too long and Obama is either going to have to send them to their homelands, with certain death or release OR let them into US prisons and deal with the problems, the largest being evidence not available, and have them released perhaps into the US.

In all honesty, this is the type of problem one would expect from a person with a huge constituency and little experience. He didn't sit on committees regarding foreign issues, much less terrorism. I'll give him a pass, but don't know about the prisoners. :eusa_pray:

In all honesty, this is the type of problem one would expect from a person with a huge constituency and little experience. He didn't sit on committees regarding foreign issues, much less terrorism. I'll give him a pass, but don't know about the prisoners.

He has picked a significant number of senior military personnel as his experts. If he uses them and real lawyers, they find a solution short of shooting them or locking them up for life. He is surrounding himself with real experts to give him advice. Ultimately, he has to make the decision, but when you have open honest info from smart people it's a lot easier to do the right thing.+

I have never blamed our troops. Many were too young or were not given the time or training to go from a normal world we live in one day to the a tortured piece of hell in Iraq where no on knows who is trying to kill who and most of what you learned back home can get you killed.

I blame our leaders for not listening to men like Gen Shinseki and going in not lean and mean but hard and heavy. That Rummy would say you go with the ARmy you got, not the one you would like --- Bullshit we could have done it.

As a pilot, I would never really experience what the real shit of war is on the ground. That is reserved for the grunt alone. Read, "All Quiet on the Western Front" if you haven;t.

My point over and over is that our leadership fucked this up from the beginning in how they operating the ground war with no planned follow up and how they created a situation at Gitmo that is now going to demand some really genius thinking to get US out this without even further violating the rights of some of the prisoners who never were terrorists.

It's a pile of shit my friend that has been handed off to the new adminstration. I believe that this was through utter incompetence or worse done intentionally to sabotage Obama's efforst to succeed.

actually, you post evidence to support your claim, I've yet to see anyone support it with FACT

(btw, someone CLAIMING they were just captured because they were there is about as valid as any prisonor in Max Security claiming he was innocent as well)

and you still don't get it that they aren't CRIMINALS thus they would not be gathering criminal evidence
you keep looking like a fucking moron when ever you make these stupid attempts
get over it, Gitmo was a legal detention for ENEMY COMBATANTS
I'll look for what I read, I'm pretty sure it was the CIA's report. But you are wrong, imo. There were no traditional battlefields where these people were rounded up. They weren't caught in the act as far as I can tell. So we have no way of knowing if they were guilty, if they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They might very well be criminals...and that's not the same thing as being the ENEMY. So yes, Bush totally fucked up by treating criminals like enemy combatants and putting the military in the wrong place and the wrong job.

In all honesty, this is the type of problem one would expect from a person with a huge constituency and little experience.
I agree. George W. Bush had a rather large constituency and little experience and NO common sense. We can only hope Obama and his team can do better.

I'll look for what I read, I'm pretty sure it was the CIA's report. But you are wrong, imo. There were no traditional battlefields where these people were rounded up. They weren't caught in the act as far as I can tell. So we have no way of knowing if they were guilty, if they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They might very well be criminals...and that's not the same thing as being the ENEMY. So yes, Bush totally fucked up by treating criminals like enemy combatants and putting the military in the wrong place and the wrong job.
so, to you, 9/11 was a criminal act and not an act of war

I agree. George W. Bush had a rather large constituency and little experience and NO common sense. We can only hope Obama and his team can do better.
you really enjoy playing the moron, dont you?

If he had ties with Al Quaeda before, why did the release him??????????

Hold me for six years in a Chinese prison and torture me, I sure as hell would do the same thing.

Let's get to the bottom line. Who is responsible for this total fuck up with these prisoners? Bush fucked up detaining them, now we need to kill them. What a buch of real Americans.:cuckoo:

Also, funny that this guy is a frigging Saudi not an Iraqi or Afgahni?

Funny, hold me for six years in a Chinese Prison and torture me and I am going to go home and move on with my life.

If we kept them detained we wouldnt have to kill them.

If they had evidence, they should have put him in front of a firing squad.

This is the problem with pretending War has laws. It doesnt. This is the problem with pretending War is anything but an ugly affair of necessity at best and power hunger at worst.

My point over and over is that our leadership fucked this up from the beginning in how they operating the ground war with no planned follow up and how they created a situation at Gitmo that is now going to demand some really genius thinking to get US out this without even further violating the rights of some of the prisoners who never were terrorists.

It's a pile of shit my friend that has been handed off to the new adminstration. I believe that this was through utter incompetence or worse done intentionally to sabotage Obama's efforst to succeed.

Once rounded up, what do you suggest Bush should have done with these terror suspects?

'Worse, done intentionally to sabotage Obama's efforts to succeed' - Ray, you're suggesting that Bush did this ... to screw Obama before he was even elected? (Maybe I your post wrong).

they are all spies targeting civilians and are out of uniform they should all be shot......thank god obama is in and stopped the trials and will finally enforce the rules of war......

they are all spies targeting civilians and are out of uniform they should all be shot......

Actually, they are suspects until you prove they are spies. As to uniforms, what constitutes a uniform? You realize as stated before, many were not picked up on the battlefield.

I expect that once he had them locked up he would have seriously pursued determining if they were guilty or not.

To keep people for 5 years, torture them and not charge them with anything is bullshit. He created the fucking mess we have now.

You wouldn't even be pissed at th Chinese for locking you up. I kinda doubt it.

No they aren't smart enough to plan that far ahead. I don't think they really felt they would lose th election and McCain would continue their cover up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back