Relativity Question

Recently scientists noted that Sag A, the black hole at the center of Milky Way, flared up 75 times brighter and thought it might relate to a massive dust cloud that came close to it in 2014.

Relativity state that time slows as you approach a black hole and stop altogether as you fall into it.

If this gas fell into the black hole near light speed, time would have slowed to a near stop. How can a gas cloud that approached in 2014 be the cause of the brightness, wouldn't it now take this light many thousands of "extra years" (compared to our POV) to reach us? I understand what we saw in 2014 actually happened 25,000 years ago, thats not the point
Hello, how is a black hole bright

The light is created by matter being compressed NEAR the black hole, but before it actually enters the black hole.

I'm pretty sure much more light is actually created when the matter finally HITS the black hole, but that light, yes, would not escape.
The matter isn't compressed -- it's being torn apart. The gravity differential becomes so great that even on the atomic scale, the side of an atom nearer to the singularity is pulled far harder than the side opposite...so hard, the nuclear bonds are broken. Each atom being ripped apart releases a burst of X-rays.
That's not accurate. While that may certainly be happening inside the event horizon, closer to the black hole, the gradient is not that strong outside the event horizon. And we could never observe xrays emitted in this manner, as they all end up in the black hole and never escape the event horizon from within it.

What happens to gas near a black hole is that it loses angular momentum due to magnetic fields and friction, and that energy is converted to thermal energy. The gas then heats up so much that it emits xrays.

Last edited:
Recently scientists noted that Sag A, the black hole at the center of Milky Way, flared up 75 times brighter and thought it might relate to a massive dust cloud that came close to it in 2014.

Relativity state that time slows as you approach a black hole and stop altogether as you fall into it.

If this gas fell into the black hole near light speed, time would have slowed to a near stop. How can a gas cloud that approached in 2014 be the cause of the brightness, wouldn't it now take this light many thousands of "extra years" (compared to our POV) to reach us? I understand what we saw in 2014 actually happened 25,000 years ago, thats not the point
Hello, how is a black hole bright

The light is created by matter being compressed NEAR the black hole, but before it actually enters the black hole.

I'm pretty sure much more light is actually created when the matter finally HITS the black hole, but that light, yes, would not escape.
The matter isn't compressed -- it's being torn apart. The gravity differential becomes so great that even on the atomic scale, the side of an atom nearer to the singularity is pulled far harder than the side opposite...so hard, the nuclear bonds are broken. Each atom being ripped apart releases a burst of X-rays.
That's not accurate. While that may certainly be happening inside the event horizon, closer to the black hole, the gradient is not that strong outside the event horizon. And we could never observe xrays emitted in this manner, as they all end up in the black hole and never escape the event horizon from within it.

What happens to gas near a black hole is that it loses angular momentum due to magnetic fields and friction, and that energy is converted to thermal energy. The gas then heats up so much that it emits xrays.
Yes professor internet retard, if you say so

Time is constant, not relative. I know for a fact Einstein was wrong. If you need my qualifications I got a B+ in high school physics and had it all down so I didn’t need to take it through college. Relative time makes no sense.

That's why we only have 12 yrs left! Scientists are great at distorting the truth.you are correct Light only travels so fast. and the earth has been much warmer than it is now in the past couple millions of years. Fake science is everywhere.

Sagittarius A star is mysterious and so is Trump. Sagittarius A star is infected with frame dragging.

Last edited:
Time is constant, not relative. I know for a fact Einstein was wrong. If you need my qualifications I got a B+ in high school physics and had it all down so I didn’t need to take it through college. Relative time makes no sense.
Einstein said that the universe was not expanding, how soon people forget

That's why we only have 12 yrs left! Scientists are great at distorting the truth.you are correct Light only travels so fast. and the earth has been much warmer than it is now in the past couple millions of years. Fake science is everywhere.

Sagittarius A star is mysterious and so is Trump.
Which star is not a mystery? Including our Sun

No lab work has been done with black holes, therefore the scientific consensus about their behaviour is invalid.

Heavy and unprepared to reply. Cobalt 60 is heavy and a gamma ray emitter.

Last edited:

Heavy and not prepared to reply.
Everything is a mysterious theory, us included

No lab work has been done with black holes, therefore the scientific consensus about their behaviour is invalid.
True of humans too even though we have been exploring ourselves for millions of years

True of humans too even though we have been exploring ourselves for millions of years
A lot of lab work has been done with humans. Be that as it may, the lab work argument is Crazy Frank's goto when it comes to AGW. I'm sure he'll accept his own reasoning in this case.

A lot of lab work has been done with humans. Be that as it may, the lab work argument is Crazy Frank's goto when it comes to AGW. I'm sure he'll accept his own reasoning in this case.
Where did humans come from.

No one knows

No one knows
They are born to their mothers. What a stupid question.

No one knows
Where did the first mother come from

No one knows
Thats a meaningless, silly question. But, the most recent female common ancestor of all humans was also born to her mother.

No one knows
Thats a meaningless, silly question. But, the most recent female common ancestor of all humans was also born to her mother.
Fail...…………………….

No one knows
Fail...…………………….
You're like a child.

No one knows
Fail...…………………….
You're like a child.
Who owns stock on six continents

Fail...…………………….
You're like a child.
Wow! I just checked...any trained chimp can get online and buy stock.What other special tricks can you do? Can you also send emails? Wow!

Fail...…………………….
You're like a child.
Wow! I just checked...any trained chimp can get online and buy stock.What other special tricks can you do? Can you also send emails? Wow!
Actually kid you will need at least one brokerage account and the money that you spent on beer and pretzels

AAPL $210.36 per share
Goog $1,182.69 per share
NFLX $298.99 per share

You own what now? Nothing, but you know where the universe came from. Great news, write a book and see who publishes it.

Forum List

Back