Relative size of countries

True_Size_Of_Africa.png

I thought this fascinating on a lot of levels. The most obvious is that China just fits in the southern end. Another is that some very small countries are able to do well by their citizens on a much smaller tax base. Just depends on how they choose to spend their money.

I found this fascinating because you don't know the difference between a country and a continent.

BINGO! Yeah, there's something like 55 countries in Africa

what idiot composed this :lol:

there is no such country as "Eastern Europe "

but an American does not know that :lmao:

Yeah, but what I can't understand is leaving out Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Austria, Hungary, Denmark, San Marino, Andorra, and Malta when there is obviously enough room to add them in blank spaces beside countries that are adjacent to them. Or just skip all of Europe and add Canada.

what idiot composed this :lol:

there is no such country as "Eastern Europe "

but an American does not know that :lmao:

Yeah, but what I can't understand is leaving out Luxembourg, Lichtenstein, Austria, Hungary, Denmark, San Marino, Andorra, and Malta when there is obviously enough room to add them in blank spaces beside countries that are adjacent to them. Or just skip all of Europe and add Canada.

the comparison has it's merits as it graphically show how big Africa is and how big countries like Spain and France are.
Or that tiny island of Madagascar is not that tiny - being the size of UK.

But doing this one can not create new foolishness - Hungary and Austria ( or so it looks) are stuck there into the "Eastern Europe" "country" ( plus the whole bunch of others) - as it shows how basically ignorant and stupid the map creators are.

One such idiocy can ruin the interesting idea.

True_Size_Of_Africa.png

I thought this fascinating on a lot of levels. The most obvious is that China just fits in the southern end. Another is that some very small countries are able to do well by their citizens on a much smaller tax base. Just depends on how they choose to spend their money.

I found this fascinating because you don't know the difference between a country and a continent.

BINGO! Yeah, there's something like 55 countries in Africa

Again, I ask - where does it (or I) say otherwise?

The map simply shows that a large number of countries fit into the continent of Africa. Where does it say that Africa is a country?

Really. The last person I knew of who did not know that Africa is a continent was $arah Palin and she's not posting in this thread.

Forum List

Back