Relationship Discussions Thread

Joz said:
1)Are you flirtier with a woman who's dressed more provocatively?
2)What do you really think of a woman who shows off her 'goods'? Do you tag her more "easy"?
3)Does your wife dress seductively to go out? Does she at home? Is it important to you that she look her 'best' at home? Does it affect your libido?

No man ever answered these questions. I'm still curious.

Joz said:
Mom4 brought up a book about the "language of love". Different people need different kinds of love in varying degrees.

1) So what if you're one who needs "physical touch". How do you go about getting your needs met? What happens when they aren't?

2)And if you're a "gift" person, what kinds of gifts do you need? Diamonds, flowers, a candy bar? Is it just the act or does the gift really matter?

3)And if you're a "quality time" person, how do you spend your time?
I'm a person who needs physical touch. I'll touch, just in passing. Even when I'm upset or pissed, I still do the touching thing.

I decided to start this thread because this seems to be a subject that keeps getting discussed throughout the board. I also have been PM'd about my "sex on demand" theory. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find that in anything I've ever posted. With that being said,

I still hold true to the fact that men need sex for their well being, both mentally & physically. It is the mature man that realizes it's emotional for him also; that's it's better with someone loved.
Women need the emotional bond before having sex. She needs to feel understood, appreciated, cared for, in order to express herself in this manner. But women need it physically as well.

Sex is an integral part of a relationship. Without it you cannot have a healthy, happy union. Something is amiss if you donot want to share this,(on a regular basis) with your mate.
Women withhold sex because a man won't help; or as a punishment. Men won't help because the woman nags or complains. The cycle has to be broken, someone has to make the first move, or nothing will ever change. But each of us feel that if we "give in", we lose power.

There are reasons why someone doesn't want to have sex; hormones, childhood abuse, things that need professional help. But you will seek help if you truly love your mate, because you want them to be happy.
Illness, stress, moods, kids, all affect libido. But if one is in need, effort should be made by the partner to help. That doesn't always mean intercourse. There is oral & manual stimulation that can have the same pleasing results. I donot believe a woman must drop her drawers the minute a man walks in the door. But I do believe an effort should be made by both partners to co-operate.
Should you have sex if you don't feel like it? I don't know. Have I ever? I was married for 21 years.....need I say more? But, I also changed sheets in the middle of the night because a child vomited on them, pushed a car in the ice & snow, sopped up water off the bathroom floor because the toilet overflowed---none of which I wanted to do.

In the beginning of a relationship sex is exciting. In fact, the whole relationship is. You want to touch the person, talk with them, plan with them. After awhile the excitement wanes. But in it's place is a deep, heartfelt, committed love; both emotionally & physically, that words cannot express. I wish you each that love.

Men/Women don't need sex to maintain good health, just climaxes and orgasms respectively. :) God made our arms able to reach everywhere on our bodies for a reason. Compared to masturbation, sex with another person is risky. Whereas masturbation's only good stuff as well as numerous physical as well as psychological benefits.

-=d=- said:
She's not 'basing' a relationship on sex...she's saying something like:

"the only difference between a lover and a friend is 'passion'. If couples don't have passion, they may as well simply be roommates."

Sex and or intimacy is vital to a marriage relationship.

just throwing in my 2 cents ---intimacy doesn't require anything physical to occur

I disagree, unless you are over the age of 90. Actually, I've told my gf that I fully expect to be having sex when I turn 100.

Forum List

Back