Relationship Discussions Thread

no1tovote4 said:
I have to dig a pond. Put up a fence, build a barn....

I love it. shhh don't tell her I said so.

That is the kind of stuff men should be doing. But instead, most wives want their husband to lessen THEIR loads. I hate washing the dishes, but I do it. I hate folding clothes, but I do it. All in an effort to keep harmony in the home. I would much rather be outside splitting wood, plowing a field, etc. Damn, I gotta convince my wife to move to the country!

freeandfun1 said:
Oh, that and maturity. For one to overcome their problems all they need to do is grow up a bit and look at things differently. but we all tend to hold onto at least some part of our "inner-child".
That inner-child WILL be with each of us, always. It is a part of who we are. But we also need to recognize when the "child' surfaces by our reactions, and not let it take over. Indeed, we are now adults.

freeandfun1 said:
That is the kind of stuff men should be doing. But instead, most wives want their husband to lessen THEIR loads. I hate washing the dishes, but I do it. I hate folding clothes, but I do it. All in an effort to keep harmony in the home. I would much rather be outside splitting wood, plowing a field, etc. Damn, I gotta convince my wife to move to the country!

It appears as maybe BOTH sexes tend to take each others contributions for granted.

freeandfun1 said:
See, the roles of men & women have become blurred. I don't want to turn this into a homosexual thread, please, but I think this has alot to do with the increase in homosexuality. Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying that men cannot/should not help his wife. But women are being taught that in order to survive in a man's world, she must become man-like. She has forgotten the gentle power she possesses.

Joz said:
That inner-child WILL be with each of us, always. It is a part of who we are. But we also need to recognize when the "child' surfaces by our reactions, and not let it take over. Indeed, we are now adults.

That is why I mentioned maturity. Maturity is what helps one control their "inner-child" and not let it take over.

Joz said:
See, the roles of men & women have become blurred. I don't want to turn this into a homosexual thread, please, but I think this has alot to do with the increase in homosexuality. Please don't misunderstand. I'm not saying that men cannot/should not help his wife. But women are being taught that in order to survive in a man's world, she must become man-like. She has forgotten the gentle power she possesses.

:clap:

When did feminism become unfemiNINE? I love being a girl! I'll take the Biblical roles any day. A Wife is told to submit to her husband. A husband is told to love his wife as Christ loves the Church. Unconditional love, patience, protection even to the point of giving his life. I tell you, I got no problem submitting to that!

Joz said:

I agree--maybe folks should just try to be themselves instead of societys' role model how your gender should act.

I agree with you both. The roles have been merged, blurred, whatever and that causes a lot of problems. In the old days, the men went out and worked their asses off to support the family while the woman stayed home an worked her ass off to feed, cloth and care for the family. Nowadays, nobody cares for the family and everybody is focused on making money.

mom4 said:
:clap:

When did feminism become unfemiNINE? I love being a girl! I'll take the Biblical roles any day. A Wife is told to submit to her husband. A husband is told to love his wife as Christ loves the Church. Unconditional love, patience, protection even to the point of giving his life. I tell you, I got no problem submitting to that!

And I certainly don't begrudge the poor guy a few ego strokes either!

Joz said:

My wife wants to build a patio...install the cobblestone...she wants to put in a fire-pit. She wants and does build furniture around the house...she wants a 'shop'.

Agreed, however...there has been a blurring of roles...and it sucks.

freeandfun1 said:
Nowadays, nobody cares for the family and everybody is focused on making money.

Right - it's sad to me to hear couples say 'We don't want kids until we can afford them' - as they drive away in their $60K SUV, and park it at their $450k house..

:(

mom4 said:

Submission is only bad when done by the same person all the time---when neither will EVER submit it is a constant war--not fun.

mom4 said:
So, that's what you're calling it now? :wank: Ego strokes? :happy2:

dilloduck said:
Submission is only bad when done by the same person all the time---when neither will EVER submit it is a constant war--not fun.
If it isn't a give & take proposition, resentment builds up, like a pyramid, brick by brick.

freeandfun1 said:
I agree with you both. The roles have been merged, blurred, whatever and that causes a lot of problems. In the old days, the men went out and worked their asses off to support the family while the woman stayed home an worked her ass off to feed, cloth and care for the family. Nowadays, nobody cares for the family and everybody is focused on making money.

This is how I knew that she was the lady for me. She stays at home with the kids at the sacrifice of the riches we had before we had the kids. Now that is sacrifice that can be measured, I'll do the hard work to keep her happy and never complain. All I have to do is think about it for a little...

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp

Forum List

Back