Relationship Discussions Thread

Joz said:
This is exactly why I'm wary of internet relationships. People can be anything they want in this situation. Bonnie is a prime example of being mislead.

damn bonnie i am sorry to hear that .....

internet realtionships....you might as well randomly pick up a stanger on the street corner

manu1959 said:
damn bonnie i am sorry to hear that .....

internet realtionships....you might as well randomly pick up a stanger on the street corner

LOL mine wasn't an internet relationship, I actually met him in a rock club, which is probably just as bad but we dated for five years prior to marrying. He was extremely smart, sophisticated, kept his secrets very close to the vest, it happens. I should have known better, maybe paid more attention to the little things?? Hind sight is always better.

-=d=- said:
I find Internet relationships - even those not romantic - to be more-often-than-not fairly safe...Couple of reasons:
1) People tend to be MORE honest and Open online...there are things I've said to people here I'd not say to people I see face-to-face...for better or worse.
I agree that you may be able to be more open & honest with a person not looking them square in the eye while saying the words your are. But you need that 'connection' with a person. You can even feel it over the web. You just 'click' better with one person over another. Still to run off & meet this person......time would have to pass.

Bonnie said:
LOL mine wasn't an internet relationship, I actually met him in a rock club, which is probably just as bad but we dated for five years prior to marrying. He was extremely smart, sophisticated, kept his secrets very close to the vest, it happens. I should have known better, maybe paid more attention to the little things?? Hind sight is always better.

How long were you married? Any of our business to ask?

Bonnie said:

sorry to hear that.....hopefully you will trade up!

-=d=- said:
How long were you married? Any of our business to ask?

7 years, I was very young when I got married, I don't think I knew myself very well either, but I know one thing, if he had told me what I found out after years of marriage I would have run for the hills. His problems rendered him incapable of having a happy normal marriage, but he wanted me to marry him so he kept it secret and so did his family which also bothers me a little. Insert heads in sand makes all problems go away......Yeah right!

dilloduck said:
I don't believe you have to totally chuck those out the window to get married

Of course not but right now Im in total independence mode, happier that way for now. Who knows if mr wonderful comes along I would be willing to give up some of that but Im not rushing things either.

Bonnie said:
Of course not but right now Im in total independence mode, happier that now for now. Who knows if mr won-=d=-erful comes along I would be willing to give up some of that but Im not rushing things either.

why BONNIE!!! I'm sooooo FLATTERED!!!! :D

:funnyface :funnyface :funnyface :funnyface :funnyface :funnyface

hehe...just joshin with ya....

-=d=- said:
Oh c'mon...it was clever..and I bet you giggled a LITTLE bit...and I bet bonnie only got a LITTLE nausiated...
Yeah, I tho't it was quite clever. I just didn't want you to get the big-head.

Bonnie said:
....we dated for five years prior to marrying. He was extremely smart, sophisticated, kept his secrets very close to the vest......
I've been sitting here looking at this and it's really been bothering me. Young or not, in the 5 years of dating, you would think that someplace along the way this ass would have slipped up. But he didn't. Whatever his motives, what he did to Bonnie was deliberate & calculated. It goes to show you to what extent someone this evil will go to get what it is they want, no matter the cost. Twelve years of Bonnie's life.

Joz said:
I've been sitting here looking at this and it's really been bothering me. Young or not, in the 5 years of dating, you would think that someplace along the way this ass would have slipped up. But he didn't. Whatever his motives, what he did to Bonnie was deliberate & calculated. It goes to show you to what extent someone this evil will go to get what it is they want, no matter the cost. Twelve years of Bonnie's life.

The good news Joz is that I still have my youth and sense of humor..... :tng: Happily most men are not like that most are very sweet. My parents are very happily married so that's the model I use.

Bonnie said:
The good news Joz is that I still have my youth and sense of humor..... :tng: Happily most men are not like that most are very sweet. My parents are very happily married so that's the model I use.

I keep tryig to click that Twelve Years of Bonnies' Life link but it doesn't work. :teeth:

Bonnie said:
Of course not but right now Im in total independence mode, happier that way for now. Who knows if mr wonderful comes along I would be willing to give up some of that but Im not rushing things either.

"Independence mode"... yeah... I know what that's all about... especially after being single for the last 19 years.

Sure there's been girl friends, but I'm not settling down with anyone either, unless I know for sure it's for the rest of our lives, and that person is a hard one to find.

Forum List

Back