CDZ Reinstate The Draft

SeniorChief_Polock

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2015
Luray, Virginia
For a variety of reasons. Primarily - to give young Americans an opportunity to serve - let's say 2 years active, 4 in the reserves, immediately following graduation from high school. Not only will two years of active duty be of benefit to America, it will also instill some tremendous values into a generation who seems to have none. Build some pride. Have an opportunity to team build, work with others - do something for people in need.

Discuss...

Great idea. Out of the draftees, only the volunteers who most fit the "model" of a warrior will be allowed to serve in the military, with increased GI benefits after discharge.

All of the others can be assigned to public service and public works projects in their local and regional areas. Upon completion of their two years, they may use their benefits to go to college, etc.

No , the military budget is too large as it is. Those days are gone as well they should be. Heck we use mercenaries now days anyway.

I'd be completely in favour of directing it to community services. Fix a bridge, feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, build clean energy systems -- lend a helping hand and feel a part of things instead of walking around with one's face in an iPhone. Constructive purposes rather than destructive. What a concept that would be. I'd volunteer too.

I'd be completely in favour of directing it to community services. Constructive purposes rather than destructive. What a concept that would be. I'd volunteer too.
Community service in lieu of pay for schooling, but not monetary. We need working people who pay in taxes not volunteers or government employees. I changed my mind. I am against most volunteer workers unless for a church or non profit orgs. , they take away jobs.

Yeah, yeah, let's force young people to serve in the military...cuz we really miss slavery and want to give them the experience, right? Might as well let them be cannon fodder for the corporate controlled government...and if they survive we might even pay for them to go to college! I'd much rather have a diploma than an appendange...or my life.

Free societies fighting for just causes should not need to force their citizens to serve. I did my time and more...I will never consent to enslaving others to do the same.

I'd be completely in favour of directing it to community services. Constructive purposes rather than destructive. What a concept that would be. I'd volunteer too.
Community service in lieu of pay for schooling, but not monetary. We need working people who pay in taxes not volunteers or government employees. I changed my mind. I am against most volunteer workers unless for a church or non profit orgs. , they take away jobs.

I like it :clap2:

No , the military budget is too large as it is. Those days are gone as well they should be. Heck we use mercenaries now days anyway.

Heck we use mercenaries now days anyway.

draft is cheaper
It's not the military of our Dad's or our time.It's a military that needs people with a brain..

It'silitary that needs people with a brain..

Then let them finish college before they report to boot camp.

draft is cheaper
It's not the military of our Dad's or our time.It's a military that needs people with a brain..

No thanks. I am not donating any kids for the resource exploitation of a corporation provided by dead American soldiers...

draft is cheaper

Bad move...it's hard enough to break their bad habits without giving them 4 years of more bad habits to break. ;)

draft is cheaper

Bad move...it's hard enough to break their bad habits without giving them 4 years of more bad habits to break. ;)

Maybe

or maybe they'll break those bad habits they learned growing up.

draft is cheaper

Maybe

Evidently, you never served....

For a variety of reasons. Primarily - to give young Americans an opportunity to serve - let's say 2 years active, 4 in the reserves, immediately following graduation from high school. Not only will two years of active duty be of benefit to America, it will also instill some tremendous values into a generation who seems to have none. Build some pride. Have an opportunity to team build, work with others - do something for people in need.

Discuss...
A couple points:

So let me ask- are you a Young American?

I ask this because in my experience the persons suggesting a draft are never the ones subject to a draft. From you title, I figure you served- so I don't question your willingness to serve.

Why not a draft for any American who has never served? Build some pride. Have an opportunity to team build, work with others- do something for people in need?

Second- do you really want to serve with draftees who do not want to be there? Who would you you prefer having your back? a draftee who hates the idea of being forced to serve or a volunteer who really wants to be there?

Finally- I am in favor of draft for only one reason- it would make all families in America have a real horse in the race- if every family had to worry about his or her son or daughter going to war- I think that politicians would be less likely to be willing to send our troops into harms way.

draft is cheaper

Maybe

Evidently, you never served....

Retired, 20+ years Navy.

Have any more assumptions?

Forum List

Back