Reinstate the Draft

gop_jeff said:
Here's what I would do: any illegal caught in the US has two choices: deportation or four year's service in the military. Those who complete four years of honorable service get citizenship.

No, sorry. Why pollute an honorable organization with known criminals. The Join or Jail days are gone..... thank goodness. Chip em, then send them packing. JMO

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Nuc said:
Good idea, have you talked to your representative about it?

Anyway they should bring back the draft so it's not just a bunch of cannon fodder serving in the military. When there is not a broad based demographic in the military (i.e. only poor people) the powers that be are much more enthusiastic about sending the boys off on stupid misadventures. :usa:

What makes you think it is only poor people in the military? I suspect the military demographic more nearly represents the national demographic than most college campuses.

Cannon Fodder? I got news for you: they aren't cannon fodder. The vast, vast majority are well educated, hard working, etc. They are all living thinking human beings...they have their own opinions and express them.

As for the misadventures, history will tell.

CSM said:
What makes you think it is only poor people in the military? I suspect the military demographic more nearly represents the national demographic than most college campuses.

Cannon Fodder? I got news for you: they aren't cannon fodder. The vast, vast majority are well educated, hard working, etc. They are all living thinking human beings...they have their own opinions and express them.

As for the misadventures, history will tell.
Exactly. Demographics are found here and pretty representative of us in general, though younger than the general workforce.

Forum List

Back