Reid: Senate Will Not Pass A Budget This Year...

Of course they should be ashamed but the myth that the senate is responsible for there being no budget only works for people who are not clear on how the budget process works.

Although the Senate cannot originate a budget they do get the opportunity to negotiate with the house once the house has proposed one. If they don't precisely concur they are obligated to meet in conference and dispose of the difrerences. The Senate has refused to join in the process, thereby nullifying the budget process, incurring a process of continuing resolutions. They feel safe in doing this because the media which should expose it for the departure that it is sees it as an advantage to the side they favor - their team - and ignore it in their reporting.

You might want to check on who actually walked away from the lengthy negotiations that actually took place.

you are not listening, read what he and I wrote again.

IF you are saying that the senate held budget negotiations with the house on a formal budget, a resolution in joint committee, please post the links to that, I would appreciate it. becasue the house passed a budget to Reid as they were supposed to, Ried did not committee the bill in his chambers, period, he brought up the obama budget and it failed as I said 97-0.

THAT cannot be sent to the house for committee work....see?

New Topics

Forum List

Back