Reid says Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
That's a hearsay accusation with no evidence. It's not credible that Romney could be trading tens of millions of dollars every year for a decade, and not pay any taxes. These trades generate tax documents that are sent to the IRS. Romney would file just to reduce the tax bill that the IRS would send him, if he didn't file.

It shows you how dirty the Democrats are willing to be to try to beat Romney. It's not enough to say that Romney paid less in taxes than the middle-class.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online

lol

Gotta love the FOX News "I'm not saying but people are saying" tactics getting played on Romney.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has claimed that Mitt Romney did not pay taxes for 10 years.

Reid said that is the reason the presumptive Republican presidential nominee has only released two years of personal tax returns, according to the Huffington Post.

Reid said that a Bain Capital investor recently told him: ‘Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.’

'Mitt Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,' claims Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid | Mail Online
Willard can clear it all up by releasing tax returns like his father did.

What a credible source!

let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?

Harry isn't the only one saying that ya know? I heard it a few weeks ago...and i heard Romney was given some sort of amnesty or forgiveness for it, along with many other multi millionaires who used this not so legal loophole, that congress had to tighten up....

so, to me if this is all true, that the unintended loophole was being used by multi-millionaires to avoid taxes....they did so, believing it was legal under the advice of their tax lawyers...and that's an important piece....it was not done with malice or with the intent to 'cheat'.....

Should Romney have not been allowed to vote, if its true and he paid no income taxes as many republicans on this board say about the 47% not paying income taxes?

I read on one bloggers website that someone phoned him up and told him Harry Reid had sex with underage sheep.

Now the blogger admitted he had no proof and posted that he wasn't certain if the allegation was true and refused to give the name of the person.

Really credible right?

Romney can never release his tax records because if he does, he will be unelectable and probably end up in prison.

Why won't Mitt show us his tax returns for the last 12 years?

What is he hiding?

Why hasn't the IRS launched an investigation? Democrats are saying he's a felon. Give 'er. Charge him with something.

Launch an official investigation. Go for it. Otherwise Democrats and slandering and blowing smoke out their asses.

Reid is full of shit.

let's pretend it's true for a second....how do you guys on the right feel about it? What if it was Obama who went 10years without paying any income tax, or eric holder, what do you think you would be saying/screaming about on this board?

If I cared I would be pointing out the discrepancy between Obama's taxes and what the State of Illinois said he was paid. The simple fact is that I like the idea of people not paying taxes on income. If I had my druthers no one would pay an income tax.

Why won't Mitt show us his tax returns for the last 12 years?

What is he hiding?

There is a guy in accounting that insists you haven't paid taxes in 25 years, but I don't believe him. The reason for that is simple, he has no idea what goes onto your tax return, because they are fracking private. So, even if an investor at Bain actually told Reid this story, it is a lie. Bain investors do not have access to Romney's tax returns. That makes this whole thing nothing more than a story so sad that only an idiot would fall for it in the first place. I have no doubt Harry "Fixed Income" Reid is an idiot, nor do I have any dount you are, but I am not.

Why hasn't the IRS launched an investigation? Democrats are saying he's a felon. Give 'er. Charge him with something.

Launch an official investigation. Go for it. Otherwise Democrats and slandering and blowing smoke out their asses.

He may not have done anything illegal; just very unpresidential in appearance.

I don't think Reid's "source" would have any access to Governor Romney's tax filings....it's just so bizarre.

Basically the genius is that in this: You had the deal, Romney checked, Reid has raised. The dealer is waiting for Romney to do something....The longer he waits, the more eyes are drawn to this. I mean, do you know what he made on the returns he released? I don't. It was basically a non-story except for the percentage. At this point, it's almost like waiting for a pregnancy test.

You mean the same Eric Holder who helped arrange the outrageous pardon Clinton gave to tax fraudster and fugitive from justice Rich?

New Topics

Forum List

Back