Reid rejects House extension

dammocrats ! my favorite thing about shut downs is when they root out the "non essentials". ha, ha, fritz lang's metroplois and then some, first they have to identify them (dime out their own), such poetic perfection.
Duhhhh maybe we shouldn't have spent all the money. can you imagine if the third behemoth porkulus omnibus had successfully rolled out of the hanger? rangel said there wasn't enough time to get to it (the budget, he called it "guidelines") when pelosi was leading the pack.

Last edited:
The only thing the Tea party wants is to not spend 61 billion we don't have. If you really care about the government going, that small amount should be easy enough to give up.

But i get the feeling that you want the government to shut down just as much as those you are accusing, but for much less noble reasons.

Last edited:
The Democrats and Reid have rejected the bill. The Republicans have come forth and tried to address the current problem. The Democrats are the ones not making an effort. They are perfectly happy to sit by and watch as the government shuts down as long as in the future they can either get what they want or prevent others from fixing fiscal problems. If the Democrats really wanted to work this out then they would compromise and make this happen.

No budget deal yet as shutdown looms and key meeting set to start - CNN.com

Well, it looks like the Tea Party is getting their wish. A shut down is imminent. The riders they have attached are the reason. Batcrazy Bachmann can celebrate!

Which riders are unreasonable and why?

Here are a few:

http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2011/03/budget_riders.html

The baggers don't want a Budget passed. They want an "All in One" bill. If Beaner allows a shutdown to happen the GOP loses...again. All the polls say the American people know who is to blame.

Who gives a gnats ass about Reid.... He's a pathetic bastard, constant whiner and I suspect requires regular diaper changes...

By God, I think that we should give the Teabaggers exactly what they wish. Shut the damned government down. Send the Air Traffic Controllers home. Do not send out Mays SS checks. Start bringing all military overseas home. Just leave the equipment there, we don't have the money to maintain it in any case. Close down the FBI and the Border Patrol. Same for Homeland Security. No money goes out to anybody for anything at all after Friday from the Federal Government. That includes Congressional and Executive salaries.

Yep, shut the nation down, really show the whole world what a peice of work these people are.

What's interesting is that anyone deemed essential would continue to work. This includes law enforcement, border protection, public health and safety, homeland security, air traffic control, prisons, and disaster relief. Entitlement checks for Medicare, Medicaid, and food stamps would still go out.

By God, I think that we should give the Teabaggers exactly what they wish. Shut the damned government down. Send the Air Traffic Controllers home. Do not send out Mays SS checks. Start bringing all military overseas home. Just leave the equipment there, we don't have the money to maintain it in any case. Close down the FBI and the Border Patrol. Same for Homeland Security. No money goes out to anybody for anything at all after Friday from the Federal Government. That includes Congressional and Executive salaries.

Yep, shut the nation down, really show the whole world what a peice of work these people are.

I agree. That is what they want, so give it to them. They screwed the GOP in November and now they are screwing them again. Wait until the Donald runs as the Tea Bagger candidate? Can you say "Ross Perot?"

Democrats didn't bother to pass a budget last year, their above it all, much like our pathetic President..

The do nothing Democrats are spending all their time whining and trying to blame others.. as usual... They have presented nothing in the Senate.. have they Old Rocks? Show me their actual proposal..you can't... so shut the hell up..

Well, it looks like the Tea Party is getting their wish. A shut down is imminent. The riders they have attached are the reason. Batcrazy Bachmann can celebrate!

Here are a few:

Riders on the Budget Storm

The baggers don't want a Budget passed. They want an "All in One" bill. If Beaner allows a shutdown to happen the GOP loses...again. All the polls say the American people know who is to blame.

LOL, you and your masters at the Progressive party can try and sell that BS, lets just SEE how many people fall for it. By now I'd say, NOT MANY.

sucks to be a Democrat.

Here are a few:

Riders on the Budget Storm

What is a budget but an all in one bill? One that is now 6 months overdue.

So.. what are we seeing here.. Democrats only worried about who gets blamed.. The fact that 40 cents of every dollar spent by the government is borrowed means nothing in the, "rose colored glasses" world of the left...

Last edited:
Even FOX(fake) News knows what a shutdown means to the GOP.

My Fellow Republicans, We Cannot Go Back to the Future and Allow Obama to Win After a Government Shutdown - FoxNews.com

The riders that the Tea Baggers have attached will bring a shutdown. Half of them are unconstittuional and would be thrown out in a court of law. WHAT A BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES! They vote to given Billions to Millionaires and then vote to cut programs to the poor.

A shutdown will make a second term for Obama a surety. THANKS BAGGERS!

Forum List

Back