Reid objects to vote on Obama fiscal cliff plan

For 4 years Harry Reid and the democrat lead senate worked on getting Barack Obama reelected. Obama is considered a lame duck President now--because he won't be running for a 3rd term--now democrats in the senate are worried about retaining their OWN jobs--and no longer feel the need to lick Obama's heels.

Harry Reid and democrats know that the most critical thing to them retaining their jobs--is in fact JOBS--and they're not going to do to promote job killing bills. Mid-term elections always spell disaster for the incumbant party. They lose seats in both houses. We saw this with G.W. Bush--Obama's next four years--will spell a lot of opposition coming from democrats to Obama's policies.

ship-obama-dems-jumping-overboard-cartoon.jpg

Last edited:
Of course it was a stunt by McConnell....a well played one that he knew the democrats wouldn't vote on. But, it does show that Obama does not have the support of his own party on his proposal.
It was a stunt that couldn't even work, and McConnell knew it too. For one, it won't get through committee. Do you know what bill McConnell tried to attach it to?

You won't believe it. It's pretty damn funny. Wait till you hear.

Right now the House is trying assemble a bill. We all know this. We also know the Senate isn't going to act until the House version passes.

This was theater, through and through. Nothing more.

Of course it was a stunt by McConnell....a well played one that he knew the democrats wouldn't vote on. But, it does show that Obama does not have the support of his own party on his proposal.
It was a stunt that couldn't even work, and McConnell knew it too. For one, it won't get through committee. Do you know what bill McConnell tried to attach it to?

Right now the House is trying assemble a bill. We all know this. We also know the Senate isn't going to act until the House version passes.

It's called politics, it goes on all the time. Remember when Obama submitted a budget proposal and not one democrat congressman voted for it? Obama submitted it knowing it wouldn't get any votes, it was just a political game.....like I said, it goes on all the time.

It's called politics, it goes on all the time. Remember when Obama submitted a budget proposal and not one democrat congressman voted for it? Obama submitted it knowing it wouldn't get any votes, it was just a political game.....like I said, it goes on all the time.
That's exactly what that was, a game. It's the same gimmick, charade, theater, game - whatever you want to call it, yes, that was pulled earlier in the year when they introduce sham budget bills they knew would get no support, because of the way they tinkered it. You know, the ones pubbies like to laugh at and say LOOK! Even the democrats wouldn't vote for it.

That because it was crafted just so pubbies could say that. And dutifully, they did.

I addressed that gimmick back in September:

============
And now bouys and gulls, we'll show you what really happened:

Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-Idiot) put forth an Alternative Budget that was based on Obama's 2013 budget proposal (Note Meister, it was NOT Obama that submitted that bill)

Mulvaney wiped out all the specifics, and only used the top line numbers. Basically an empty budget. No one would vote for a budget presented as such - and of course they didn't.

It's only purpose was to capture that headline you see people nyuk nyuking right now. That wasn't "Obama's" budget, that was a trick.

Even your most basic sense of "smell test" should tell you that.

It was a ploy to capture exactly the type of emotional response you got right here. Congratulations, you guys fell for it.

0-414 vote: House clobbers budget proposal based on Obama's 2013 plan - The Hill's Floor Action

It's only complicated to people who listen to propaganda porkers and Freedomworks fudgers.

It's just the way they wanted to "complicate" it.

========================
And sure as flies on shit, the game-playing GOP is pulling the same tricks again, just a different version.Yes, I agree though, both sides do it. The GOP has perfected it to an Art form.

That's exactly what that was, a game. It's the same gimmick, charade, theater, game - whatever you want to call it, yes, that was pulled earlier in the year when they introduce sham budget bills they knew would get no support, because of the way they tinkered it. You know, the ones pubbies like to laugh at and say LOOK! Even the democrats wouldn't vote for it.

That because it was crafted just so pubbies could say that. And dutifully, they did.

============

Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-Idiot) put forth an Alternative Budget that was based on Obama's 2013 budget proposal (Note Meister, it was NOT Obama that submitted that bill)

Mulvaney wiped out all the specifics, and only used the top line numbers. Basically an empty budget. No one would vote for a budget presented as such - and of course they didn't.

It's only purpose was to capture that headline you see people nyuk nyuking right now. That wasn't "Obama's" budget, that was a trick.

It was a ploy to capture exactly the type of emotional response you got right here. Congratulations, you guys fell for it.

0-414 vote: House clobbers budget proposal based on Obama's 2013 plan - The Hill's Floor Action

It's only complicated to people who listen to propaganda porkers and Freedomworks fudgers.

========================
And sure as flies on shit, the game-playing GOP is pulling the same tricks again, just a different version.Yes, I agree though, both sides do it. The GOP has perfected it to an Art form.

So what? Are you seriously contending it doesn't go on with BOTH parties, depending on who's in the position to do so?

============

========================

So what IS your point? Repubs are bad and dems are good? :confused:

============

========================

Nope. Just showing the way that game was played. I tire of hearing "dems don't even support their own proposals." It seemed necessary to at least let those who were unaware of that budget alternative (and this new gimmick by Mitchy boy) *how* the game was played.

As for equivalence, both parties suck. I've said this hundreds of times. It's just that dems suck about 5% less.

============

========================

Nope. Just showing the way that game was played. I tire of hearing "dems don't even support their own proposals." It seemed necessary to at least let those who were unaware of that budget alternative (and this new gimmick by Mitchy boy) *how* the game was played.

As for equivalence, both parties suck. I've said this hundreds of times. It's just that dems suck about 5% less.

And I think the repubs suck 5% less, go figure. :D

============

========================

:lmao: You keep thinking that...

What BILL number were Senators supposed to be voting on?

Could some one answer this? Any one?

Didn't you watch the video? McConnell was introducing a rider to the Russia trade bill that would have given the Democrats a chance to stand behind Obama. If the Democrats had a problem with it there, he was willing to tack it onto another bill, or even put it up as a stand alone bill. Can you think of any reason the Democrats would not come out in unanimous support of the leader of their party?

Why would we expect things to change? The people voted for the Status quo.
. . . As if a Treasury Secretary for Romney would make different recommendations?

Timothy Geithner is an establishment shill from the New York federal reserve. Where do you think Romney would get his henchmen? His donors were ostensible the same big bankers. . . .

Geithner was not chosen simply because he was from the Fed, he was chosen because he is a New School Keynesian.

You figured out it was a stunt, how perceptive. What gave you your first clue?

============

========================

Except that is not what happened yesterday, is it?

What BILL number were Senators supposed to be voting on?

Could some one answer this? Any one?

Didn't you watch the video? McConnell was introducing a rider to the Russia trade bill that would have given the Democrats a chance to stand behind Obama. If the Democrats had a problem with it there, he was willing to tack it onto another bill, or even put it up as a stand alone bill. Can you think of any reason the Democrats would not come out in unanimous support of the leader of their party?

I knew what bill he was attempting to attach it to. It looked like no one else here did, and as of yet, no one has stated what bill it was.

THIS was it: the "Russia and Moldova Jackson-Vanik Repeal and Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act of 2012"

Ole Mitchy boy was suggesting should have be attached to Geithner’s 'fiscal cliff' proposal. Pretty damn funny.

For one, it violates Senate rules on Germane amendments, so it wasn't even serious to begin with. Second, he could not have put it up as a stand alone, as Appropriations bills need to originate in the House.

McConnell knew it was a joke, a ploy. No one would vote on a sham bill like that.

Hairy Reid always rejects Obamination's budgets then turns around and blame the GOP....they are really that insane.

Except that is not what happened yesterday, is it?
Same game. Different version.

Forum List

Back