Reid Congratulates GOP On 8 Years Of Obstructing The First Black President

Eight years? He's truly senile. They had all the power in the beginning. Total control.

Funny. President Obama only had a “filibuster proof majority in the Senate” for less than FOUR months - SIX months under the most favorable metric.

A fleeting, illusory supermajority

The Myth of the Filibuster-Proof Democratic Senate - San Diego Free Press

The Democratic Super Majority Myth

No! Obama Did Not Control Congress His First Two Years!

What's so funny ?

He had it for six months.

Nothing.....for which I am grateful.

Then the American people gave him his report card.

Report card? You mean by re-electing him...?

Losing the House

Big time.

Weakened the senate.

And Reid was the only Senator to vote against overriding Obama's awful Veto of the recent 9/11 Bill. He's an asshole. Nuff said.

There rumors that Pakistanis want to sue the US for those drone attacks that killed innocents at a wedding party......I presume that you don't mind pitching in your tax dollars to pay those Pakistanis for reparation......Good man !!! (otherwise you'd be a hypocrite, don't you think?)

And Reid was the only Senator to vote against overriding Obama's awful Veto of the recent 9/11 Bill. He's an asshole. Nuff said.

There rumors that Pakistanis want to sue the US for those drone attacks that killed innocents at a wedding party......I presume that you don't mind pitching in your tax dollars to pay those Pakistanis for reparation......Good man !!! (otherwise you'd be a hypocrite, don't you think?)

If our Government has done no wrong, it has no reason to fear going to court. But if it has done wrong, it should be held accountable. So yes, i support other nations suing our Government if it has done wrong.

Hopefully that could lead to revolutionary change in our Foreign Policy. It's time to dramatically scale back all the meddling and war. If the fear of being held accountable causes our Government to seriously reconsider its meddling and wars, than so be it. I'm in.

If our Government has done no wrong, it has no reason to fear going to court. But if it has done wrong, it should be held accountable. So yes, i support other nations suing our Government if it has done wrong.

Hopefully that could lead to revolutionary change in our Foreign Policy. It's time to dramatically scale back all the meddling and war. If the fear of being held accountable causes our Government to seriously reconsider its meddling and wars, than so be it. I'm in.
Agree.

I hope the Iraqis sue the shit out of Bush. That would have a wonderfully limiting affect on future asshole presidents.

Their reward is a Frankentein’s monster named Donald Trump.

WASHINGTON — With Congress set to flee town until after the November elections, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) took to the Senate floor Thursday to mark a milestone of sorts: eight years of obstructing and insulting the nation’s first black president.

“As this Republican Congress heads for yet another un-earned recess, I feel compelled to comment on how Republicans have treated the president of the United States,” Reid said.

“History will look back and note that Republicans in Congress treated President Obama with unprecedented disrespect,” Reid said, arguing that soon after Obama was elected, the GOP set out to make him a one-term president and obstruct anything he did.

Reid checked off a list that included Obama also being the first president to be denied a hearing on a Supreme Court nominee, the first to be denied a hearing on his budget, and the first to be asked to show his birth certificate. Obama faced more than 500 filibusters in the Senate, Reid added.

“No one expected them to agree with everything he did ― but America deserved better than the way Republicans behaved toward President Obama,” Reid said.

The soon-to-retire Democratic leader also argued that the shabby treatment of Obama is part of why the GOP is saddled with Donald Trump as its presidential nominee.

More: Reid Congratulates GOP For Eight Years Of Obstructing The First Black President

Amen! It's so hypocritical to hear Republicans bash President Obama for the slow economic recovery after the Great Bush Recession - especially since they have refused to debate or pass any Obama legislation to help improve jobs and the economy. Their only goal has been to obstruct Obama. America has suffered as a result - and history will not be kind to them.
actually all false.
the reason Donald Trump is the candidate is because the GOP kissed obamas ass too many times.
Had the shut this idiot totally down, Trump would not be a consideration.

Obama got everything he wanted: Failed Stimulus, failing Obamacare, no budgets only continuing resolution, turned the Middle East over to Jihadists.

What didn't he get?

Amazing.........You've turned pacifist and isolationist........But not much in answering my original question......Here, I'll mkae it simpler for you:

Are you willing to use YOUR tax dollars to pay compensation for the wrongful killing by us of innocent civilians in Pakistan? or Iraq? or Syria?

Amazing.........You've turned pacifist and isolationist........But not much in answering my original question......Here, I'll mkae it simpler for you:

Are you willing to use YOUR tax dollars to pay compensation for the wrongful killing by us of innocent civilians in Pakistan? or Iraq? or Syria?

Yes. If we commit atrocities around the world, we should be held accountable. And it could even lead to the end of our Government's Permanent War agenda. I know that doesn't seem possible, but i still have some hope.

obie was supposed to get everything he wanted because he was black? I hope Dirty Harry gargles with mouthwash after his private meetings with him.

Obama has gotten everything he has wanted. What have the Rs obstructed?

Bills Republicans Have Blocked Since President Obama Took Office
  1. Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
  2. Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
  3. Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
  4. The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
  5. The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
  6. Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans.
  7. Senator Franken’s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill – Makes it so that women raped overseas while working for foreign contractors have the right to have their case heard in an American court instead of having their case mediated by the company they work for. Only Republican men voted against this, but it passed.
  8. Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.
  9. Affordable Health Care For America Act- Prevents insurance companies from discriminating against you on the basis of “pre-existing conditions”. Requires that insurance companies spend 85 cents of every dollar that you pay on your actual health care. Limits health insurance companies profit margins. Republicans blocked this for months before it finally passed and have vowed to repeal it if they are elected.
  10. Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.
  11. The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.
  12. Wall Street Reform- Puts stricter regulations on the banks, preventing them from becoming “too big to fail”. Curbs reckless spending practices that caused the banking crisis. Republicans attempted to block this.
  13. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.
  14. Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.
  15. Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they’re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.
  16. Unemployment extension bill HR-4213- Would provide additional aid to the millions of Americans still on unemployment who are just trying to support themselves and their families. Republicans blocked this bill for 8 weeks before it finally passed. Republicans blocked this for 8 weeks before it finally passed.
  17. Fair Pay Act of 2009- Also called the Lily Ledbetter bill. Requires that women receive equal compensation to men for doing the same work. Republicans attempted to block this.
  18. No permanent military bases in Afghanistan.
  19. Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles.
  20. Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation.
  21. Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs.
  22. Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.
  23. Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces.
  24. Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program.
  25. Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay.
  26. Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.
  27. Comprehensive policy on neurocognitive assessment by the military health care system.
  28. Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance.
Bills Republicans Have Blocked Since President Obama Took Office: Off Topic Forum: Digital Photography Review

What else was in those bills? You can spring the title of the bills and what they may do, but I have found that a lot of pork and other wording in bills can make them pretty bad for the country. Blocking bills is not a bad thing. How many bills did Harry Reid table during his reign of majority leader?

Nothing says we can work together like "Republican can come a long for the ride but they got to sit in the back" . Bill Clinton was a epic douchebag but he worked with Republicans or at least stayed out of the way

Their reward is a Frankentein’s monster named Donald Trump.

WASHINGTON — With Congress set to flee town until after the November elections, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) took to the Senate floor Thursday to mark a milestone of sorts: eight years of obstructing and insulting the nation’s first black president.

“As this Republican Congress heads for yet another un-earned recess, I feel compelled to comment on how Republicans have treated the president of the United States,” Reid said.

“History will look back and note that Republicans in Congress treated President Obama with unprecedented disrespect,” Reid said, arguing that soon after Obama was elected, the GOP set out to make him a one-term president and obstruct anything he did.

Reid checked off a list that included Obama also being the first president to be denied a hearing on a Supreme Court nominee, the first to be denied a hearing on his budget, and the first to be asked to show his birth certificate. Obama faced more than 500 filibusters in the Senate, Reid added.

“No one expected them to agree with everything he did ― but America deserved better than the way Republicans behaved toward President Obama,” Reid said.

The soon-to-retire Democratic leader also argued that the shabby treatment of Obama is part of why the GOP is saddled with Donald Trump as its presidential nominee.

More: Reid Congratulates GOP For Eight Years Of Obstructing The First Black President

Amen! It's so hypocritical to hear Republicans bash President Obama for the slow economic recovery after the Great Bush Recession - especially since they have refused to debate or pass any Obama legislation to help improve jobs and the economy. Their only goal has been to obstruct Obama. America has suffered as a result - and history will not be kind to them.

He should be thanking them for trying to stop that douchebag in the WH.

History will thank them.

Forum List

Back