Reid Calls Bush 'A Loser,' Then Apologizes

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Surprise, surprise...

Reid Calls Bush 'A Loser,' Then Apologizes
LAS VEGAS - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid called President Bush "a loser" during a civics discussion with a group of teenagers at a high school on Friday.

The man's father is a wonderful human being," Reid, D-Nev., told students at Del Sol High School when asked about the president's policies. "I think this guy is a loser."

Shortly after the event Reid called the White House to apologize, his spokeswoman Tessa Hafen said. Reid spoke with Bush adviser Karl Rove, asking him to convey the apology to Bush, who was traveling in Europe.

The Nevada Democrat expressed "regret for the comments, that it was inappropriate," Hafen said. Reid was giving a late speech in Salt Lake City and was unavailable for comment, she said.

Asked for comment, a White House spokeswoman referred to a statement issued by the Republican National Committee. RNC spokesman Brian Jones called Reid's statement "a sad development but not surprising from the leader of a party devoid of optimism, ideas or solutions to the issues people care about most."

Reid visited the school to discuss Congress and the debate over judicial filibusters. He repeated that the Senate will be brought to a standstill if Republicans change the rules regarding filibusters to hasten the approval of Bush's judicial nominees.

Hafen said Reid told the teenagers that if Republicans change the filibuster rules, then they can "no longer count on Senator Reid working with them on the president's agenda."

Reid's comments were first reported by the Las Vegas Review-Journal on its Web site.

:rolleyes:

Wow...way to go, Senator. What a wonderful way to teach our young people about responsible politics, mature discourse, and dealing with opposing viewpoints with class.

I'm sure Civics teachers everywhere will appreciate having to explain to their students why, "Because he's an idiot," is not an appropriate answer to whether or not they approve of President Bush's immigration policies...just about as much as parents everywhere have appreciated President Clinton's contribution to their daughters feeling that its no big deal if they give half the football team blowjobs, cause at least its not sex.

Gem said:
Wow...way to go, Senator. What a wonderful way to teach our young people about responsible politics, mature discourse, and dealing with opposing viewpoints with class.

I'm sure Civics teachers everywhere will appreciate having to explain to their students why, "Because he's an idiot," is not an appropriate answer to whether or not they approve of President Bush's immigration policies...just about as much as parents everywhere have appreciated President Clinton's contribution to their daughters feeling that its no big deal if they give half the football team blowjobs, cause at least its not sex.
Now go wash yer mouth-out with soap young lady!!! :)

You'd think with all the corporate-sponsored private jets Reid flies on, he would keep his mouth shut and try to stay under the radar. What a blowhard.

Yurt said:
Surprise, surprise...

:rolleyes:

Well Harry pissed off alot of people in Nevada....He always makes stupid mistakes when talking...then apologizes later...He won't go on our local radio KOH780 and talk with our host anymore because the Northern Nevada callers ask to direct questions ...he is not comfortable unless it is scripted and he can give canned answers...... :bye1:

Hafen said Reid told the teenagers that if Republicans change the filibuster rules, then they can "no longer count on Senator Reid working with them on the president's agenda."

We don't need the Democrat's help to pass our agenda. Go pound sand, Harry!

gop_jeff said:
We don't need the Democrat's help to pass our agenda. Go pound sand, Harry!

Good point, however, we do though need them on some things.

Isn't his logic like elementary school. "If you don't give me what I want, then I won't play.." I don't care if he threatens something else, but to threaten to not "play," that is ridiculous. Well, even though I am elected and all, I will just not do my job because these guys changed a rule.

I am not saying I agree one way or another on the filibuster issue, I am saying that this attitude truly sums up the dems. "He didn't pick me for his team, so I will now sit down and pout." Fight. Do something. Don't not do your job. Make comprimises. This is the point of our government and why this government on a whole is so successful. It would not be successful if the other party just sat out.

Awe..........he apologized.........what a nice sensitive Senator....The media will leave him alone, because he's a contrite-of-heart Democrat...........If he was a Republican, he was just being hypocritical, not contrite-of-heart.

Eightball said:
Awe..........he apologized.........what a nice sensitive Senator....The media will leave him alone, because he's a contrite-of-heart Democrat...........If he was a Republican, he was just being hypocritical, not contrite-of-heart.

Ha ha - kind of like Robert Byrd - the GOOD ex-Klan member.

Forum List

Back