Reid: Boehner Blames the Military

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
ck4829 (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-01-06 07:12 PM
Original message
Reid: Boehner Blames the Military
WASHINGTON, Nov. 1 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid released the following statement on House Majority Leader John Boehner decision to blame the troops for Republican failures in Iraq.

"John Boehner ought to be ashamed. He's blaming our troops for failures in Iraq. If he wants to cast blame, he can start by looking in the mirror because he and his Congressional Republican colleagues have rubberstamped the Bush Administration's failed policy for nearly four years. Our troops in Iraq have performed bravely. It's political leaders like Congressman Boehner and Donald Rumsfeld, who have failed. I expect President Bush and Congressional Republicans, who demanded John Kerry apologize, hold their own party's majority leader to a much higher standard. There's no spinning his disparaging comments. He made them. He needs to apologize."
--------------------------------
Spread this story around, IM it to people, email it, let's get this high up on the Yahoo News Page so a lot of people will see it.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=364x2543877
Replies to this thread
If it's on Yahoo, this story is going to stick. originalpckelly Nov-01-06 07:16 PM #1
Let's vote it up at yahoo. Lex Nov-01-06 07:21 PM #4
. Hav Nov-01-06 07:18 PM #2
K & R. Cobalt Violet Nov-01-06 07:19 PM #3
K & R Lex Nov-01-06 07:25 PM #5
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (nt) stepnw1f Nov-01-06 07:25 PM #6
They got all cocky about trashing Kerry and the truth slipped out.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the article......

Wed Nov 1, 6:04 PM ET

To: National Desk

Contact: Jim Manley or Rebecca Kirszner, 202-224-2939, both of the Office of Harry Reid

WASHINGTON, Nov. 1 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid released the following statement on House Majority Leader John Boehner decision to blame the troops for Republican failures in Iraq.

"John Boehner ought to be ashamed. He's blaming our troops for failures in Iraq. If he wants to cast blame, he can start by looking in the mirror because he and his Congressional Republican colleagues have rubberstamped the Bush Administration's failed policy for nearly four years. Our troops in Iraq have performed bravely. It's political leaders like Congressman Boehner and Donald Rumsfeld, who have failed. I expect President Bush and Congressional Republicans, who demanded John Kerry apologize, hold their own party's majority leader to a much higher standard. There's no spinning his disparaging comments. He made them. He needs to apologize."

House Majority Leader John Boehner: Wolf, I understand that, but let's not blame what's happening in Iraq on Rumsfeld.

Wolf Blitzer: But he's in charge of the military.

House Majority Leader John Boehner: But the fact is the generals on the ground are in charge and he works closely with them and the president.

CNN, 11/1/06
I happen to have seen this snippet when channel surfing...
He was not blaming anyone............I guess desperation must smell pretty bad by now....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20061101/pl_usnw/reid__boehner_blames_the_military306_xml

the msm must cover the fact that jfk said something stupid before he said something idiotic...they are now fisihing for stories to fly cover for the ketchup boy

the msm must cover the fact that jfk said something stupid before he said something idiotic...they are now fisihing for stories to fly cover for the ketchup boy

You got that right....I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more in the next few day's...:wank:

Forum List

Back