Reid Blasted By Soidier In Iraq

And that explanation is correct based upon foreign policy.

to summarize: I do not think that there should be any factor OTHER THAN FOREIGN POLICY when considering the use of America's military on foreign soil.

And no other factor should ever be considered ABOVE America's enlightened self interest when crafting that foreign policy.

Regardless of how noble or how worthwhile or how HUMANE it might seem, I do not feel that spilling American blood on Iraqi soil is in America's self interest - especially when we have a war on islamic extremism that we really NEED to be fighting!

The letter from Cpl Rock is dead-on, direct from the source. Pretty tough to argue that this is a concise, accurate and justified reprimand.

I wonder if the pro surrender Dems will try

I love how you twist it into pro surrender.

I think the Democrats want the Iraqi government and police to stand p just as much as you do,

There needs to be a plan, with a deadline.

Why hasnt bush started to tell everyone to be patient and then start giving numbers of people enlisting for the police force?

Why hasnt bush laid out a clear strategy that says wht most people have to figure out for themselves?

Add troops, to supress viloence.
Train police, to control public.
establish fully functioning governement.
rebuild.

There are 4 things he could say need to be done before we leave.

He just has no clue how long that would take, and for some reason being the president of the US doesnt give him the ability or the resources to be able to figure that out?

The big problem is that the elected officials, actual Iraqi's dont understand how the US version of democracy works, they cant wrap their heads around the fact that you have to do alot of things to get where we are and alot of it involves strange bureaucratic bullshit.

Its not the simple task of doing what you think is right and what the people want, and they are struggling with that.
Why do you think those 5 Shiite's quit? they dont get it, they wanted something done, and they figured it should get done, but thats not how it works.

A functioning democratic government isnt easy for people who are use to being ruled by one guy who makes all the decisions,
In theory Democracy looks and sounds great, but its way more complicated than the Iraqi's can comprehend.

And Mr Bush at least knows this, and wont agree to timetable that would rush things.

Especially since he wants the right people in power.

I cant wait for you to ignore this, or for yo uto somehow throw a liberal remark at it, after you dont read it, or try to understand it.

and speaking from experience, folks in uniform - be they officer or enlisted - have NO expectation nor reason to have any expectation that their "feelings" should or will be the basis for American foreign policy.

Frankly speaking...I could give a FUCK if every single American in uniform on the ground in Iraq thought that their mission was worth fighting and dying for.... their opinions about American foreign policy are irrelevant. Theirs is to do what they are told to do....NOT to determine what it is that they will do.

Civilian control of the military is one of the cornerstones of our democracy and the main reason we have never had a military coup.

I remember the days when it was clearly said: you will not comment on anything and if you do you'll be answering to the old man. I look at several different situations lately that the media has jumped on with uniforms and it doesn't look good for the military to mouth off about policy or anything directed at the military. Us civies have that right and when appropiate we should voice our concerns

I remember the days when it was clearly said: you will not comment on anything and if you do you'll be answering to the old man. I look at several different situations lately that the media has jumped on with uniforms and it doesn't look good for the military to mouth off about policy or anything directed at the military. Us civies have that right and when appropiate we should voice our concerns

It seems OK for someone in the military to have an opinion when it is the right opinion.

It seems OK for someone in the military to have an opinion when it is the right opinion.

I disagree with any active duty military opinions because when that right hand went into the air all of the rights went away as well. Now in situations when a person is working in (PAO) Public Affairs or say the person with stars instead of bars those unique situations would be ok because of the responsibility they carry and for the PAO they are actually speaking on behalf of a very Senior Officer in many cases.
But when you have the average Soldier or Marine, Sailor, Airman, or Coasty then they should have been instructed on what and what not to say with regards to the media because even the most innocent comment can be twisted out of context.

Got a link where ANY Dem says they want to surrender?

Dems dont want to surrender, Thats just Conservative spin and RSR knows it. They use it to paint Dems in a negative way, its just like the spin on ending the war, its not ending the war, its "cutting and running", its not protesting the killing of civilians, its "supporting terrorism"

Its propaganda, and its so clever cause the Conservatives dont see it as anything but the truth.

because its an opinion and a point of view, its not wrong.

its just baloney, and RSR calls on it all like the bible.

Repeatedly, at nauseum.

If they say anything bad about Pres Bush, the war, or their fellow troops - they are put in front of the cameras and praised by the liberal media

Where is this guys letter in the NY Times, Washington post, CBS, ABC, or CBS?

I do not think 60 Minutes will have him on anytime soon

Dems dont want to surrender, Thats just Conservative spin and RSR knows it. They use it to paint Dems in a negative way, its just like the spin on ending the war, its not ending the war, its "cutting and running", its not protesting the killing of civilians, its "supporting terrorism"

Its propaganda, and its so clever cause the Conservatives dont see it as anything but the truth.

because its an opinion and a point of view, its not wrong.

its just baloney, and RSR calls on it all like the bible.

Repeatedly, at nauseum.

So why is Al Qaeda hoping Dems win the debate in DC?

Perhaps this is the start of more troops speaking out against the party of defeat

HERO REIDS DEM THE RIOT ACT

April 24, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - A tough U.S. Marine stationed in one of the most hostile areas of Iraq has a message for Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid: "We need to stay here and help rebuild."

In raw and emotional language from the bloody front lines, Cpl. Tyler Rock, of the 1st Battalion, 6th Marines, skewered Reid for being far removed from the patriotism and progress in Iraq.

"Yeah, and I got a quote for that [expletive] Harry Reid. These families need us here," Rock vented in an e-mail to Pat Dollard, a Hollywood agent-turned-war reporter who posted the comment on his Web site, www.patdollard.com.

"Obviously [Reid] has never been in Iraq. Or at least the area worth seeing . . . the parts where insurgency is rampant and the buildings are blown to pieces," Rock wrote.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0424200...worldnews_geoff_earle__post_correspondent.htm

We've seen tripe like this before, thrown out by the right wing noise machine. Make up a soldier's name, or just slap a real soldier's name on some right-wing boiler-plate screed and throw it out for consumption by the irrational right. Show me some proof that it actually came from a soldier or marine on the ground in Iraq, rather than some right-wing water-head stateside and then I'll pay attention. Until then, it's just some freeper trying to blow smoke up my ass.

We've seen tripe like this before, thrown out by the right wing noise machine. Make up a soldier's name, or just slap a real soldier's name on some right-wing boiler-plate screed and throw it out for consumption by the irrational right. Show me some proof that it actually came from a soldier or marine on the ground in Iraq, rather than some right-wing water-head stateside and then I'll pay attention. Until then, it's just some freeper trying to blow smoke up my ass.

You must have this letter confused with paul fairy tale hate letter

I knew the Bush haters would dismiss it out of hand

This man is for real and the letter is legit

and here I thought you libs respected and honored the troops

So why is Al Qaeda hoping Dems win the debate in DC?

? So Al Qaedians are democrats?

you know this?

you have links to extensive polls showing that they are Democrats?

Os it this another silly little spin, because Al Qaeda and the Democrats want the US out of Iraq they must all be Democrats?

When I see your posts I feel as though im looking at pigeon shit on the ground.

Kind of crappy.

? So Al Qaedians are democrats?

you know this?

you have links to extensive polls showing that they are Democrats?

Os it this another silly little spin, because Al Qaeda and the Democrats want the US out of Iraq they must all be Democrats?

When I see your posts I feel as though im looking at pigeon shit on the ground.

Kind of crappy.

They know if Dems get their way - they win

Forum List

Back