Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment- Why should he?

the old bastards gonna wear this label to the grave..............:lol:

Yes he is... It's his Dean Scream...

:)

peace...

dean_kitten.jpg

you racists bastard !!!! :lol::lol:

Obama in '02: 'The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott'

ShareThis5:28 PM, Jan 9, 2010 · BY John McCormack

In light of President Obama's decision to forgive Harry Reid's remarks about Obama's skin color and lack of a "Negro dialect," check out what Obama said about Trent Lott in 2002:

Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D-13th), who hosted WVON's Cliff Kelley Show, challenged the Republican Party to repudiate Lott's remarks and to call for his resignation as senate leader.

"It seems to be that we can forgive a 100-year-old senator for some of the indiscretion of his youth, but, what is more difficult to forgive is the current president of the U.S. Senate (Lott) suggesting we had been better off if we had followed a segregationist path in this country after all of the battles and fights for civil rights and all the work that we still have to do," said Obama.

He said: "The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott. If they have to stand for something, they have to stand up and say this is not the person we want representing our party."

Latecoming...

peace...

What Reid said and what Lott said are not comparable.

:rofl:

Reid expressed an opinion about the American electorate. Lott expressed an opinion about himself. Even the OP admits what Reid said was not racist. If, then, you think that believing the election of an avowed segregationist would have made the country better is also not racist, then you might be able to claim they are comparable statements.

I believe we all have a human tendency to say racist things but only in certain company. But we all lie and say we are not racist? If anyone say that they are not racist in not lying. You do not have to be racist to say racist words.

What Reid said and what Lott said are not comparable.

:rofl:

Reid expressed an opinion about the American electorate. Lott expressed an opinion about himself. Even the OP admits what Reid said was not racist. If, then, you think that believing the election of an avowed segregationist would have made the country better is also not racist, then you might be able to claim they are comparable statements.

You are Incapable of Understanding what I was Trying to Illustrate...

And now you are Incapable of Understanding History and Context...

Lott was JOKING @ a 100 Year Old Man's Roast...

Reid was Observing what IS, but if anyone outside of the DemocRAT Party or Liberal/Progressive Establishment makes the same Observation, it's Racist...

I Know this is Frustrating for you, but you have to Come to Terms with it...

There are "Racist" DemocRATS...

Hell, the Conscience of the Senate, Robert "There are White *******" Byrd" (D-KKK) is your Standard Bearer.

peace...

I believe we all have a human tendency to say racist things but only in certain company. But we all lie and say we are not racist? If anyone say that they are not racist in not lying. You do not have to be racist to say racist words.

I don't beleive Honest Observations are Racist... But I will Call out Members of the Party that Rides that Mule when they do what they Call others Racist for.

When Certain People in this Society get that Fucking Chip Off of their Shoulders, and others Stop Using it as a Political Weapon Selectively, we will be able to Move Forward on Race.

Until then, Whites will Continue to Laugh at Black Comics who say Cracker, and Whites who say ****** in the Same Context will get Beaten.

And Liberals will say, "That way you get, Racist".

peace...

well obama did accept the apolagy so whats all the hipe?.and even still all the stuff he said was not even something to apolgize for!!!.

The President did accept the "apology." [Reid to universe, "I am truly sorry I keep getting athletes tongue."]

The hYpe is all about many different things. Reid's apparent racial insensitivity comes to mind. Fuck it. Trent Lott said some nice bullshitty things about a doddering old man (one with a racist past) and got his leadership handed to him along with the boot to his butt. But that was different, of course, because Trent Lott wasn't a liberal Democratic.

And if this IS all nothing to apolOgize for, as you contend, then I recommend you put it to the test:

Find a community or an area of a community near wherever you live which has a population consisting mostly of "negroes." Walk around and ask any of those "negroes" their opinion about what Sen. Reid said, but make sure that, when you ask those "negroes" your questions, you yourself refer to those citizens as "negroes" to their faces.

Then, report back to us.

Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment - Yahoo! News

Good God in heaven.

The idiot (Reid) is the "leader" of the liberal Democratics in the U.S. Senate?!? :cuckoo:

The stupid asshole (Reid) didn't even have the decency to note that then Senator Obama was "clean", too!

Vice President Biden, reached for comment on this story, will have little to say --the Democratics all hope.

:lol:

Damn Counselor... I had no idea you had this First... :clap2:

peace...

You are Incapable of Understanding what I was Trying to Illustrate...

And now you are Incapable of Understanding History and Context...

Lott was JOKING @ a 100 Year Old Man's Roast...

Reid was Observing what IS, but if anyone outside of the DemocRAT Party or Liberal/Progressive Establishment makes the same Observation, it's Racist...

I Know this is Frustrating for you, but you have to Come to Terms with it...

There are "Racist" DemocRATS...

Hell, the Conscience of the Senate, Robert "There are White *******" Byrd" (D-KKK) is your Standard Bearer.

peace...

So, in essence, you're defending Reid against any charges of racism thrown at him by anyone,

left or right?

Lott had said the same about Thurmond before that roast. Let's be clear...was Lott's remark, on its face, racist or not? Is wishing we'd had a segregationist president racist or not?

What did he say that is racist?

Reading between the lines I would think Reid was saying Obama isn't your average black guy...

AND, to Reid's credit, he DID seemingly express the correct observation that President Obama affects his speech pattern (race-based dialect) according to his audience. This is not always a bad thing, of course. Dr. King used to do it, too. A perfectly fair tool of rhetoric.

But the fact that Reid noted it is surprisingly insightful of that old fool.

do liberals even realize how stupid they are to bring up the race card....

we now have two prominent libs who have had to apologize over race comments about obama....yet the libs falsely cry that it is republicans who are racist and focus on obama's race

that's because they are hypocrites,, they are all over the Sunday shows this morning making excuses for the great "harry numbnuts".. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What he said is more an indictment of the voting public than any black person.

Everyone here said much the same thing as Reid did in the election.

If Obama had that dark chocolate skin color do you think he would have gotten as far as he did?

I truely did not support Obama early on because I thought America was just too racist to elect him after seeing the reaction to the Katrina disastor on this site.

Biden and reid are of a certain generation in which they were told Negro WAS the prefered name to call black people.

Think about the history and realize MLK called himself a negro.

The other thing that makes it completely different is the fact that Reid and Biden have supported AA all their lives and have fought to improve the lives of black people during their entire carreers.

Now realize that the republican party calls everything the black community does "pulling the race card".

Republicans have fought for decades to keep black voting froim happening.

They were caught and punished red handed in the 80s for just this crap.

The Felons list in Florida disnfranchised thousands of legal voters many of whom were people of color.

There are very good reasons the intentions of republicans are far more suspect then dems like these guys are.

* * * *The Felons list in Florida disnfranchised thousands of legal voters many of whom were people of color.

There are very good reasons the intentions of republicans are far more suspect then dems like these guys are.

:cuckoo:

I took the liberty of snipping most of that pathetic white-guilt apologia crap.

That convicted felons should not vote is obvious. The only ones crying for felons (and illegal aliens) to get voting rights is the liberoidal Democratics. For good reason. They can see the handwriting on the wall. If they don't get their numbers up, and pronto, they are destined for a lengthy period in an electoral wasteland.

The end of the era of liberal Democrat Parody lying about race to get votes is coming up fast.

And guys/gals like truthdoesn'tmatteronebittohim are going to be soooo sadly crushed when reality takes hold.

* * * *The Felons list in Florida disnfranchised thousands of legal voters many of whom were people of color.

:cuckoo:

I took the liberty of snipping most of that pathetic white-guilt apologia crap.

That convicted felons should not vote is obvious.Not your choice its states rights to chose. Not all of the people ILLEGEALLY removed from the list were felons. If you had the honesty to READ the post and its links you would know that. Many of the voters had NAMES that were simular to the felons and they LOST their right to vote that day because of Republicans cheating. I'm sure you dont care because they were black voters but the balck voters cared quite a bit and I doubt they will be voting republican EVER. The only ones crying for felons (and illegal aliens) to get voting rights is the liberoidal Democratics. For good reason. They can see the handwriting on the wall. If they don't get their numbers up, and pronto, they are destined for a lengthy period in an electoral wasteland. Pulled right out of your ass without facts to back it.

The end of the era of liberal Democrat Parody lying about race to get votes is coming up fast.The only ones lying about Race are the republicans , they lie and black people lose their right to vote.

And guys/gals like truthdoesn'tmatteronebittohim are going to be soooo sadly crushed when reality takes hold.

You are the one who refused to face the FACTS of these court documented Cases of republicans disenfranchising legal American voters for political gain.

What he said is more an indictment of the voting public than any black person.

Everyone here said much the same thing as Reid did in the election.Not ME

If Obama had that dark chocolate skin color do you think he would have gotten as far as he did?

I truely did not support Obama early on because I thought America was just too racist to elect him after seeing the reaction to the Katrina disastor on this site.So let's reiterate what you just said here.. you did not support obama early on because you thought America was just too racist???? oh really????? 99% of the black population voted for obamalama,, that's pretty darn racist innit? yep it is

Biden and reid are of a certain generation in which they were told Negro WAS the prefered name to call black people.

Think about the history and realize MLK called himself a negro.

The other thing that makes it completely different is the fact that Reid and Biden have supported AA all their lives and have fought to improve the lives of black people during their entire carreers.

Now realize that the republican party calls everything the black community does "pulling the race card".

Republicans have fought for decades to keep black voting froim happening.

They were caught and punished red handed in the 80s for just this crap.

The Felons list in Florida disnfranchised thousands of legal voters many of whom were people of color.

:lol: your racist colors are showing here.

I would have loved to hear your bullshit right after Katrina.

I am sure what you would have said.

I witnessed the right talking shit and blaming the victims, they did it for months and I argued with them.

I thought there were more people like you than there is willow.

I know realise you racists are just noisey.

Don't you all know that the Democratic party is the party of the KuKluxKlan!?.
What Sen. Reid meant to say also is that Barack Obama is a "Fine Mulatto House Negro, with a fine
Negra wife and two fine Negress daughters.That knows how to speak the master house Negro English"
Instead of that Feild Negro mish mash Slave quaters gutter African mixed with English language."
"He will make a good House ****** President for the Democrats"!:eek:

Don't you all know that the Democratic party is the party of the KuKluxKlan!?.
What Sen. Reid meant to say also is that Barack Obama is a "Fine Mulatto House Negro, with a fine
Negra wife and two fine Negress daughters.That knows how to speak the master house Negro English"
Instead of that Feild Negro mish mash Slave quaters gutter African mixed with English language."
"He will make a good House ****** President for the Democrats"!:eek:

Then why is it that it is a PROVEN Fact that republicans fix elections so blacks cant vote?

Forum List

Back