Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment- Why should he?

"Political correctness" isn't the issue here, it's stupidity that's comical. "Negro" and "Negroid" are terms denoting race, and there is no "negro" dialect. There's arguably an African American dialect, but there is no dialect that can be attributed to the whole negro race. Harry Reid just needs to not talk rather than apologize. There are so many confused notions about so-called "race" that it's rediculous.

I would have to agree with your post. It's beyond ridiculous. Reid was wrong as so many are on both sides at times, nothing going to change I don't believe over time, there will always be someone that hates or dislikes someone else for just about any reason what-so-ever.

If it isn't race, it's turf, if not turf it's political or religious preferences. Human DNA hasn't evolved enough to erradicate this flaw. Until then we deal with it, and condemn, when it raises it's ugly head.

Gee I wonder how this didn't come out during the campaign?

:rolleyes:

It did...only it was during the Democrat primary.

Clinton had Al Sharpton make some comments and Andrew Young commented that Obama wasn't down for the struggle. He even said that Bill Clinton had sex with more sisters then Obama did.

What did he say that is racist?

You can't say Negro....you can't say African-american...you can't say Black....you can't say...shit.

Damn.....I'm glad I'm a member of an ethnic group that doesn't carry their civil rights out on our sleeves daring anyone to knock them off.

But what can you expect when you spend your entire life playing the victim. And this is because their entire community is raised on being uptight about the color of their skin...like there's something negative about it.

And unfortunately the inner city kids, (of my generation at least), are so uneducated it seems that wearing their color on their sleeves among people of other races is all many know how to do. I cannot relate to the plight of black America but to stand out against such simple wording brought to us in the start of this thread just seems a waste of time.

And another thing, We gotta get over this race crap and realize we're all in the same lifeboat floating through space. Sheeeesh, the word NEGRO is not the issue nor is it a 'bad' word, well, only to those that want to make an issue of it for the sake of feeding their need for whatever their lacking.

I did however stumble across something that Reid may be interested in. And in no way is this meant to dis-respect another person or race. Time to lighten up. Although I do not have the book, I may get it at B&N and see if it's really as amusing, shocking etc as they say. To bad everyone isn't just 'Clear" so no color would be.......ewwww, on 2nd thought I'll pass on that choice.

Harry, get this book and stop your 'stuff'........How to Rent a Negro

HOW TO RENT A NEGRO by damali ayo

Damali Ayo a black, (Negro) comedian who's sense of humor is great. Here's her website.
damali ayo

We could get a new program started - "No negro left behind." That should make everybody happy.

Obama was “electable” because of his “light skin” and did not have a “negro” dialect.” This was not the first time he has make this kind of racial remark. And he has plenty of time to correct it in his book because I am sure it was edited. One you say something like this it is hard to take back or apologize for, especially blame it on “choice of words.” How else can something like this be said? “He apologized quickly”? In a book? Not quickly. This kind of language is quite understandable considering where he came from and who he is. Obama graciously accepted the apology. Saying he knows what it in his heart. Now he does. Only GOD knows the heart. Obama was elected like any other man would be.
This is an age old belief. Light skin Negroes were chosen to be house negroes during slavery. That light skin negro was somehow better than dark skin ones. With “good hair.”
“Light skin Negroes with good hair” are often discriminated against by dark skin Negroes.”
Did Reid say “good hair”? "uppity"?
Ensign is out and now Reids is out for this Nevadan.

i do not understand why anyone is surprised.

Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment- Why should he?

Reid should apologize for a lot of things- this is not one of them
First, Negro, it may be antiquated, but is not a racial "hate word" or racial epithet
Second, does anyone believe Reid said it with bad intentions?

WASHINGTON – The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate apologized on Saturday for comments he made about Barack Obama's race during the 2008 presidential bid.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described then-Sen. Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect." Obama is the nation's first African-American president.
"I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments," Reid said in a statement released after the excerpts were reported on the Web site of The Atlantic.

His opponent planned on running a political ad. Reid is trying to conduct damage control before the ad is released in an attempt to lessen it's effect. What he doesn't realize is his ship has already sunk.

Exploding_Pirate_Ship.jpg

Obama was “electable” because of his “light skin” and did not have a “negro” dialect.” This was not the first time he has make this kind of racial remark. And he has plenty of time to correct it in his book because I am sure it was edited. One you say something like this it is hard to take back or apologize for, especially blame it on “choice of words.” How else can something like this be said? “He apologized quickly”? In a book? Not quickly. This kind of language is quite understandable considering where he came from and who he is. Obama graciously accepted the apology. Saying he knows what it in his heart. Now he does. Only GOD knows the heart. Obama was elected like any other man would be.
This is an age old belief. Light skin Negroes were chosen to be house negroes during slavery. That light skin negro was somehow better than dark skin ones. With “good hair.”
“Light skin Negroes with good hair” are often discriminated against by dark skin Negroes.”

does that mean Reid is a teabagger now ?????

Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment-

Isn't Obama part white? Reid should have just called him a 'White ******'. Robert Byrd has called people that on national TV and he's still in office.

What happened to Trent Lott, hmmm, he didn't even say anything close to Reid and Byrd and yet was forced from office

Yes and Papa Obama was less forgiving:

The Weekly Standard reported:

Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D-13th), who hosted WVON’s Cliff Kelley Show, challenged the Republican Party to repudiate Lott’s remarks and to call for his resignation as senate leader.

“It seems to be that we can forgive a 100-year-old senator for some of the indiscretion of his youth, but, what is more difficult to forgive is the current president of the U.S. Senate (Lott) suggesting we had been better off if we had followed a segregationist path in this country after all of the battles and fights for civil rights and all the work that we still have to do,” said Obama.

He said: “The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott. If they have to stand for something, they have to stand up and say this is not the person we want representing our party.”

does that mean Reid is a teabagger now ?????

No, He is still just a left wing fister

images

well obama did accept the apolagy so whats all the hipe?.and even still all the stuff he said was not even something to apolgize for!!!.

Forum List

Back