Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment- Why should he?

Reid to Obama: Sorry for 'no Negro dialect' remark
By PHILIP ELLIOTT
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying Barack Obama should seek - and could win - the White House because Obama was a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Obama quickly accepted, saying "As far as I am concerned, the book is closed."

Nevada Sen. Harry Reid made the comments in private during the long 2008 campaign, according to a new book about that election, which elevated Obama from first-term Illinois senator to the first black president.

After excerpts from the book appeared on the Web site of The Atlantic, Reid released a statement expressing regret for "using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments."

PressDemocrat.com | The Press-Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

:rofl:

I Wonder what the "Free Press" would have Done with this if it were... Trent Lott?...

:)

peace...

Trent Lott would have been skewered like a rat on the show Survivor

Yep... As he was for Making a Joke @ 100 Year Old's Roast while Robert "There are White *******" Byrd (D-KKK) was Allowed to let his Spokesperson Blame his Abject Racism on "Fatigue" and do it over the Weekend and NEVER was to be Asked about it again...

Lott Apologized to Africans from other Planets by the time he was Done Apologizing after the 2 Weeks of Obsessive Media Coverage/Lynching over his Joke @ a Roast...

Media Bias Defined.

peace...

Sad thing is, Harry was Correct...

The Black Person that Harry was Referring to is NOT Electable in the United States...

Even Amongst DemocRATS... And Harry's Comments PROVE it.

peace...

Harry should begin to take things home from his office a little at a time so he doesn't have to do alot when he gets voted out pretty soon.

What did he say that is racist?

Well, Liberals are Incapable of seeing it as Racist because a Liberal said it...

Are you a Liberal?...

peace...

But in your last post you agree with Reid. That would make you racist.

The Irony is Lost on you...

Observing that America isn't Ready to Vote for an Al Sharpton, but is Ready for a "Clean and Articulate" Person of Half Color, isn't Racist... Unless a Rightwing White Person Observes it...

What Harry said was True... He's Apologizing for what he Believes...

That's Concerning.

peace...

Well Obama IS clean and articulate

Seems to me, and any other rational person alive, those positive qualities are swamped by the negs.

Clearly Hitler, would qualify to be a wonderful chap with your characteristics in mind......and BTW.....to make your analogy replete....BOTH of these POS love(d) dogs.

:eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh::eusa_shhh: I know you were being sarcastic.:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

There goes the liberals clutch of only republicans are racists.

I bet Nancy called him the "Wonder Negro" in private too.

Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment-

Isn't Obama part white? Reid should have just called him a 'White ******'. Robert Byrd has called people that on national TV and he's still in office.

He is very old and ill
But, the Democrats do have a backup plan in case he passes on before any final votes

images

Liberals have a way of forgiving other liberals for the same transgressions for which they fry conservatives in oil.

Obama in '02: 'The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott'

ShareThis5:28 PM, Jan 9, 2010 · BY John McCormack

In light of President Obama's decision to forgive Harry Reid's remarks about Obama's skin color and lack of a "Negro dialect," check out what Obama said about Trent Lott in 2002:

Illinois Senator Barack Obama (D-13th), who hosted WVON's Cliff Kelley Show, challenged the Republican Party to repudiate Lott's remarks and to call for his resignation as senate leader.

"It seems to be that we can forgive a 100-year-old senator for some of the indiscretion of his youth, but, what is more difficult to forgive is the current president of the U.S. Senate (Lott) suggesting we had been better off if we had followed a segregationist path in this country after all of the battles and fights for civil rights and all the work that we still have to do," said Obama.

He said: "The Republican Party itself has to drive out Trent Lott. If they have to stand for something, they have to stand up and say this is not the person we want representing our party."

Latecoming...

peace...

Well, Liberals are Incapable of seeing it as Racist because a Liberal said it...

Are you a Liberal?...

peace...

But in your last post you agree with Reid. That would make you racist.

The Irony is Lost on you...

Observing that America isn't Ready to Vote for an Al Sharpton, but is Ready for a "Clean and Articulate" Person of Half Color, isn't Racist... Unless a Rightwing White Person Observes it...

What Harry said was True... He's Apologizing for what he Believes...

That's Concerning.

peace...

He apologized for a poor choice of words, not for being a racist. So either your thread title is a lie, or you and he are equally racist.

Forum List

Back