Reid apologizes for 'no Negro dialect' comment- Why should he?

Neotrotsky

Council to Supreme Soviet
Dec 12, 2009
People's Republic

Reid should apologize for a lot of things- this is not one of them
First, Negro, it may be antiquated, but is not a racial "hate word" or racial epithet
Second, does anyone believe Reid said it with bad intentions?

WASHINGTON – The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate apologized on Saturday for comments he made about Barack Obama's race during the 2008 presidential bid.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described then-Sen. Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect." Obama is the nation's first African-American president.
"I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments," Reid said in a statement released after the excerpts were reported on the Web site of The Atlantic.

"Political correctness" isn't the issue here, it's stupidity that's comical. "Negro" and "Negroid" are terms denoting race, and there is no "negro" dialect. There's arguably an African American dialect, but there is no dialect that can be attributed to the whole negro race. Harry Reid just needs to not talk rather than apologize. There are so many confused notions about so-called "race" that it's rediculous.

"Political correctness" isn't the issue here, it's stupidity that's comical. "Negro" and "Negroid" are terms denoting race, and there is no "negro" dialect. There's arguably an African American dialect, but there is no dialect that can be attributed to the whole negro race. Harry Reid just needs to not talk rather than apologize. There are so many confused notions about so-called "race" that it's rediculous.

PC is the issue

Since he was speaking about an American at the time, it was sort of moot to say American anything. So if he had said "Negro American dialect" everything would be fine?

At least it was better than what Biden did

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFUNSrFepE&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFUNSrFepE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

do liberals even realize how stupid they are to bring up the race card....

we now have two prominent libs who have had to apologize over race comments about obama....yet the libs falsely cry that it is republicans who are racist and focus on obama's race

Harry already showed where he's at by saying 'no negro dialect'.

He really thinks that way, so why appologize.

Reid should apologize for a lot of things- this is not one of them
First, Negro, it may be antiquated, but is not a racial "hate word" or racial epithet
Second, does anyone believe Reid said it with bad intentions?

WASHINGTON – The top Democrat in the U.S. Senate apologized on Saturday for comments he made about Barack Obama's race during the 2008 presidential bid.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada described then-Sen. Barack Obama as "light skinned" and "with no Negro dialect." Obama is the nation's first African-American president.
"I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments," Reid said in a statement released after the excerpts were reported on the Web site of The Atlantic.

I didn't think Democrats had to apologize for using such words.

PC is the issue

Since he was speaking about an American at the time, it was sort of moot to say American anything. So if he had said "Negro American dialect" everything would be fine?

At least it was better than what Biden did

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFUNSrFepE&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbFUNSrFepE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Actually yes. Negro Americans and Negro Brazilians, Negro Dominicans, etc all speak different languages and have different dialects. The ISSUE here is understanding exactly what this means. Harry Reid's comments suggest that Barack Obama was somehow more white or qualified for the job because he doesn't "sound black" or speak what he precieves to be the dialect of African Americans. Same with Biden. Political correctness has to do with education and calling an apple an apple and an orange an orange. I don't see what's wrong wrong with demanding that our leaders speak with intelligent understanding about matters of race and ethnicity, democrat or republican, black or white.

Who? Reid? He's old news. Can't wait to see him get booted from Congress! :)

YUP !

It's gonna be: "REID ???? WHO ????" ..... very soon.

It'll NEVER be: "OBAMA ???? WHO ????" because that semi-black Political Charlatan MARXIST POS Obami Salami has ALREADY fucked up America for ETERNAL HISTORICAL DAMNATION.

Reid to Obama: Sorry for 'no Negro dialect' remark
By PHILIP ELLIOTT
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying Barack Obama should seek - and could win - the White House because Obama was a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Obama quickly accepted, saying "As far as I am concerned, the book is closed."

Nevada Sen. Harry Reid made the comments in private during the long 2008 campaign, according to a new book about that election, which elevated Obama from first-term Illinois senator to the first black president.

After excerpts from the book appeared on the Web site of The Atlantic, Reid released a statement expressing regret for "using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments."

PressDemocrat.com | The Press-Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

:rofl:

I Wonder what the "Free Press" would have Done with this if it were... Trent Lott?...

:)

peace...

Reid to Obama: Sorry for 'no Negro dialect' remark
By PHILIP ELLIOTT
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid apologized on Saturday for saying Barack Obama should seek - and could win - the White House because Obama was a "light skinned" African-American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

Obama quickly accepted, saying "As far as I am concerned, the book is closed."

Nevada Sen. Harry Reid made the comments in private during the long 2008 campaign, according to a new book about that election, which elevated Obama from first-term Illinois senator to the first black president.

After excerpts from the book appeared on the Web site of The Atlantic, Reid released a statement expressing regret for "using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologize for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments."

PressDemocrat.com | The Press-Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

:rofl:

I Wonder what the "Free Press" would have Done with this if it were... Trent Lott?...

:)

peace...

Trent Lott would have been skewered like a rat on the show Survivor

Forum List

Back