Rehnquist, Katrina, and the Future

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I second what he's saying, especially in light of what some have been saying about the administration in light of the disaster:

http://www.thespoonsexperience.com/archives/2005/09/rehnquist_has_d.php

September 03, 2005
Rehnquist has died

Chicago Tribune | Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies at Home

This changes everything. All hell's about to break loose. Bush's approval ratings are almost certainly taking a beating over New Orleans, and he just won't have the political capital to fight for a good pick.

Paradoxically, New Orleans probably makes it all the more important that Bush make and fight for good picks -- becuase New Orleans makes it all the more likely that the GOP will lose the White House in '08.

I predict bad things.

:teeth: Shoot, you got me there, I thought it was going to be more meat to that post...

I think Pres. Bush can still get a good nominee, I really think Janice Brown would be great, or someone else that has been mentioned by knowledgeable folks like the guys at Powerline or Instapundit himself. We need a good conservative there, not a "compromise" candidate.

NATO AIR said:
:teeth: Shoot, you got me there, I thought it was going to be more meat to that post...

I think Pres. Bush can still get a good nominee, I really think Janice Brown would be great, or someone else that has been mentioned by knowledgeable folks like the guys at Powerline or Instapundit himself. We need a good conservative there, not a "compromise" candidate.

Well time will tell. I think there is going to be a backlash from the blame game. I don't know if it will overcome the opposition though. I would not be surprised that the democrats are now able to put off SCOTUS approvals for the rest of Bush's term. I do not underestimate their hatred of him personally and the 'right' in general.

I am not so sure the president is going to be without political capital. I think the Libs are going to screw themselves over. They are going to continue looking petty turning this relief effort into a political issue rather than doing something to help and it will become another wellstone memorial.

I am not so sure the president is going to be without political capital. I think the Libs are going to screw themselves over. They are going to continue looking petty turning this relief effort into a political issue rather than doing something to help and it will become another wellstone memorial.

I suspect a lot of conservative (Michelle Malkin has started it up) bloggers and commentators are going to start rebelling if Pres. Bush doesn't cut the fat... like Mike Brown and Chertoff the homeland security czar.... heads are going to roll, one way or another.

while the libs may be politicizing it, others in this country are enraged by the ineptitude of everyone involved.

Forum List

Back