Regulation

If you take away their power then who will have the power to write laws that are good and proper?

The PEOPLE of this country. The political class has been at war with we the PEOPLE for decades now. Why do you think that no matter how many times the Democrat party says we are here to help you but the only thing we ever see is their cronies being helped....with OUR tax money.
The people of this country are idiots. We already have the power to alter the government and yet we have been getting clobbered for decades. And it isn't going to change.

Yes, they are. The political class has relied on the lobster in the slowly heating cooking pot to get their system set up. The problem for the new politicians is the water is beginning to boil, but we still have the means to get ourselves out of the pot. If the 2nd Amendment gets repealed, that ability go's away however.
You will not successfully revolt against the government with your AK47's and M16's. They have bigger toys. All you will accomplish is a lot of death.
westwall, and his fellow conservatives have Red Dawn fantasies.

Nope. That's your schtick clown boy. And I'm still far more a liberal than you are.

The PEOPLE of this country. The political class has been at war with we the PEOPLE for decades now. Why do you think that no matter how many times the Democrat party says we are here to help you but the only thing we ever see is their cronies being helped....with OUR tax money.
The people of this country are idiots. We already have the power to alter the government and yet we have been getting clobbered for decades. And it isn't going to change.

Yes, they are. The political class has relied on the lobster in the slowly heating cooking pot to get their system set up. The problem for the new politicians is the water is beginning to boil, but we still have the means to get ourselves out of the pot. If the 2nd Amendment gets repealed, that ability go's away however.
You will not successfully revolt against the government with your AK47's and M16's. They have bigger toys. All you will accomplish is a lot of death.

Nope. That's your schtick clown boy. And I'm still far more a liberal than you are.
I'm not a gun nut.

I'm not a gun nut.

Nah. Just a douche. But your fantasy's about regulations are amusing.

If you take away their power then who will have the power to write laws that are good and proper?

I am actively working AGAINST a revolution, oldlady. I know how terrible they are, and I don't wish to see that sort of misery visited upon this country.
Good.

I'm not a gun nut.

Nah. Just a douche. But your fantasy's about regulations are amusing.
Which fantasy is that? Did I post a fantasy about regulation in this thread? Where?

Who turned this thread into an argument about gun control (hope it wasn't me)? It is about TAXES and some other stuff I don't understand. It was interesting. Could we get back on track?

This comment is not aimed at G5000 and Trump has no more interest in actually solving problems than I have in retiring in PR, BUT but the gop's response to dodd frank was supposed to be about deregulation EXCEPT to setting some level of capitalization for risk. Risk is good, but needing someone to bail out bad decisions is not good. And having people put savings into institutions that then unbeknownst to the people then bet their savings on risk should be criminal.

Again two questions remain: what should be used for capitalization? I submit either some level of guvt debt held by G-10 countries (with pre-set diversification) or cash/bonds. And even then with strict disclosure of "no bailout."

And second a hard wall between cd/savings accounts savings and investment risk. And those should get the familiar FDIC guarantee.

Some people want to punish "the rich" just for being rich. They see all rich people as evil doers who must be robbed and their wealth redistributed out of some bizarre sense of "fairness", and they believe the government should decide what is fair.

This is insane. Leaving it to the government to decide what is fair is just plain insane. Do liberals really want Trump and the Republicans deciding what is fair?

You see the giant flaw in that plan now?

So let's apply some common sense..

How does wealth become concentrated in the hands of a few?

One way wealth is accumulated is by inventing a better mousetrap. This kind of entrepreneurship should be encouraged, and the United States excels at promoting this kind of economic growth.

Punishing this behavior is self-defeating, but that is precisely what societies based on marxism do.

There are other means, though, by which wealth is unnaturally concentrated. It is these means which I occasionally address on this forum.

Wealth is unnaturally concentrated through legislation. This legislation is enacted by politicians who are owned by special interests. These politicians are paid a lot of money to enact legislation which favors their paymasters.

If you want true campaign finance reform, if you want truly honest government, you have to take the levers of power away from politicians and return it to the people.

Yes, this means smaller government.

It astonishes me to no end to see people demanding more and more government control over our lives, and then to see the same people complain when that control is captured by special interests.

Concentrating power at the federal level makes the capture of that power easier! I do not know why liberals continue to fail to see this obvious fact.

The two chief methods by which wealth is concentrated is through the tax code and through regulation. You are all probably all tired of hearing me go on and on about tax expenditures and how they are raping all of us in the ass.

If you don't get that by now, you never will.

So now I will talk about regulation. Good and bad regulation, and the stupid things people on both sides of the argument say.

More in the next post...

Well....yeah but we have clowns running both parties that hate the people.
They don't hate the people so much as they love power. And the way to retain that power is to accept money from special interests to help them get re-elected. And the way to get money from special interests is to do their bidding.

Take away the power, you take away the money incentive.

If a politician has nothing to sell, there is nothing to buy.

The politician sees the people as rubes who have no clue what is going on. Sadly, this assessment is true.

"He has an R after his name, so he can do no wrong!"
I am not saying take away ALL power. I am saying the federal government has far exceeded its intended limits and needs to be considerably reeled in so our economy may function more efficiently, and provide a level playing field for everyone.
So at what point will you propose a constitutional amendment designed to limit their power? Or have I just missed it?
I fear that is exactly what it would take to stop some of these corrupt practices. There is no way incumbents will ban practices which ensure their stranglehold on our democracy.

This comment is not aimed at G5000 and Trump has no more interest in actually solving problems than I have in retiring in PR, BUT but the gop's response to dodd frank was supposed to be about deregulation EXCEPT to setting some level of capitalization for risk. Risk is good, but needing someone to bail out bad decisions is not good. And having people put savings into institutions that then unbeknownst to the people then bet their savings on risk should be criminal.

Again two questions remain: what should be used for capitalization? I submit either some level of guvt debt held by G-10 countries (with pre-set diversification) or cash/bonds. And even then with strict disclosure of "no bailout."

And second a hard wall between cd/savings accounts savings and investment risk. And those should get the familiar FDIC guarantee.
Yes, we need to have our government have a serious conversation about capitalization, collateral chains, risk, haircuts for investors instead of bailouts by the taxpayers, etc.

Forum List

Back