Regulating Cannabis Sales Could Yield Over $17 Billion In Annual Savings And Revenue

I'm sure a small percentage had a degree on enlisting gunny jackass did not.

Are you people serious? You call yourself adults?

You're arguing over the anonymous distant internet over who'd kick whose ass in a fight in real life that will never happen?

"My dad can beat up your dad."

Grow the fuck up.

Returning the thread to its topic rather than whose biceps are the veiniest:

Saveliberty, do you believe alcohol and cigarettes should be criminalized? A simple yes or no will suffice.

What? Ruin my fun with a yes or no answer!

Cigarettes ARE becoming criminalized more and more each year. Same for alcohol. I am one person. We do these things by vote. My vote is still my personal business.

Or in other, more honest terms: "I don't think alcohol and cigarettes should be criminalized, but I think marijuana should continue to be illegal. You were totally right when you suggested that in asking for a coherent defense of my stance since the stated basis for my marijuana opposition was that it's bad for you and may cost me money to support in healthcare but of course cigarettes and alcohol are much worse in those regards. I dodged the question by asking where I said that, even though it is what I think, because I don't have a coherent defense you asked for because my stance is illogical but I don't want to admit that because it has become obvious. So... I'm gonna be coy."

Or just shorter terms: "I have no rational argument for marijuana criminalization, but no thanks for pointing that out."

Cool, thanks.

Marijuana IS criminalized. I need no argument, others have already made it and passed laws. Arguing for your opponent is not an excepted debate technique. It is a sign of mental instability.

Cigarettes ARE becoming criminalized more and more each year. Same for alcohol. I am one person. We do these things by vote. My vote is still my personal business.

Or in other, more honest terms: "I don't think alcohol and cigarettes should be criminalized, but I think marijuana should continue to be illegal. You were totally right when you suggested that in asking for a coherent defense of my stance since the stated basis for my marijuana opposition was that it's bad for you and may cost me money to support in healthcare but of course cigarettes and alcohol are much worse in those regards. I dodged the question by asking where I said that, even though it is what I think, because I don't have a coherent defense you asked for because my stance is illogical but I don't want to admit that because it has become obvious. So... I'm gonna be coy."

Or just shorter terms: "I have no rational argument for marijuana criminalization, but no thanks for pointing that out."

Cool, thanks.

Marijuana IS criminalized. I need no argument, others have already made it and passed laws. Arguing for your opponent is not an excepted debate technique. It is a sign of mental instability.

Have you ever seen "Reefer Madness". The original Marijuana Tax Act of 1937 that made Hemp farming illegal was declared unconsitutional. Furthermore, when reviewing the congressional record of the proceeding pre 1937, it is clear that Henry Anslinger had an agenda and his entire effort was based upon lies.

These fascist drug laws are more detrimental to society than the behavior they were meant to curb. Just like alcohol prohibition. History repeats itself.

I am not nor have I ever been a Gunny. Gunny is short for a US Marine gunnery Sergeant. I hold the Retired rank of US Army Sergeant First Class. the equivalent rank in the US Army.

I earned the rank and I still wear it proudly today. You have a problem with that? Or maybe it's just the damage those drugs are doing to your mind......

Topsoil... Mr. Big Time Loyola MBA who can't even spell the word across. Dipshit couldn't pass a LEAP test let alone score decently on the GMAT or GRE.

Hell, he thinks Gunny's are U.S.A. Take another bong hit there Stoney.

Topsoil... Mr. Big Time Loyola MBA who can't even spell the word across. Dipshit couldn't pass a LEAP test let alone score decently on the GMAT or GRE.

Hell, he thinks Gunny's are U.S.A. Take another bong hit there Stoney.

Maybe I'm dislexic

bean counter you even get in grad school?

Last edited:
There would be a definite law enforcement savings, however because of the fact that people can quite easily grow it themselves, there wouldn't be as much tax income as you might think.

People can grow veggies, hops, tobacco, etc. But their lazy asses will still collectively go to the store and buy their veggies, their beer, and their cigs.

there will be billions in tax revenue
as a ghanja connoisseur I can tell you shawg is as easy as planting and watering. You want high grade Rasta Ghanja it takes months of TLC and skill.

there will be billions in tax revenue
as a ghanja connoisseur I can tell you shawg is as easy as planting and watering. You want high grade Rasta Ghanja it takes months of TLC and skill.

....and the right strain of seeds as well.

Cool, thanks.

Marijuana IS criminalized. I need no argument, others have already made it and passed laws.
.....i.e. a typical CORPORATE-HU$TLE, only a Teabagger could defend.

:rolleyes:

Everything's temporary........​

"For marijuana alone, say Miron and his co-author Kate Waldock of the Stern School of Business at New York University, savings from law enforcement – less time spent on arrests, fewer people booked and jailed – would total $8.7 billion a year. New taxes would bring in roughly the same. In the overall scheme of America’s fiscal troubles, these are relatively modest sums but in times of stress, every bit counts.

How much money matters was made clear by Arnold Schwarzenegger, the governor of California, on the first day of October when he signed a bill that provides for more lenient treatment of Californians caught with small amounts of marijuana. “In this time of drastic budget cuts,” he said in a statement, “prosecutors, defense attorneys, law enforcement and the courts cannot afford to expend limited resources on a crime that carries the same punishment as a traffic ticket.”

Thanks for pointing out the solution Shaman. We should just make it a $25,000 fine and then it would pay for the law enforcement.

Forum List

Back