Regret about the war on drugs

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKX9g76ehtk"]YouTube - ‪Retired Police Officer Gets Choked Up Reflecting On The Injustices of the War On Drugs‬‏[/ame]

On the flip side, I was listening to stories on the radio today about the debilitating effects of the illegal drug trade South and Central America. The stories didn't make the connection, but I couldn't help but think how we essentially outsource our drug manufacturing and create crime with our idiotic drug policies.

What war on drugs? Nothing but pure rhetoric. When pharmaceutical industry, doctors, FDA and politicians make tons of money on drugs, you actually think there is some war on drugs?

There only war on drugs is the war staged against those not mentioned above. The pharmaceutical industry, doctors, FDA and politicians would like to monopolize the world and thus go after anyone not a part of the gang also attempting to profit from the vast drug market.

We have spent too much money and too much police resources on a victimless crime

The results have not justified the effort

You don't say whether you partake or not, but either way your message is refreshing. We have too few people taking moral responsibility for their own personal actions these days. This is especially true among illegal drug users.

I wish the typical user would own up to their actions like you do. When an innocent child ends up with a bullet(bought by a drug user) in their body due to a turf war, they insist on placing all the blame on someone else. They paid for the bullet, and their next dollar gave the dealer a reason to kill those that got in the way of following shipments.

Personal responsiblity is too much to ask from users to be a solution to the violence, but your words are a breath of fresh air. If somehow illegal drug users could find it in them to refuse to buy the bullets used in this carnage, the violence could end even before prohibition does.

Forum List

Back