Regardless of what you think of Obama, do you think he has a solid chance of winning?

PA and WI are going Blue. Make it 247 for Mr. Obama. Arizona may be closer than you think. Brewer isn't doing much to help the GOP. I won't say "no chance" that Obama loses Pennsylvania and Wisconsin but Romney will have to spend a lot of money there to turn the tide. Money that will be better spent in Ohio, Virginia and Florida where he has a better shot.

At this point I would agree. The polls right now in PA and WI show a very close race if Romney is the nominee and my prediction is that he would have good chances of stealing them. But again....so much could happen between now and November, it's really just speculation. I would say if Gingrich is the nominee Obama will lock WI and PA will be 99% locked

:lol: And half the country wants anyone but Obama right now.

Half the country almost always wants a change. And while people are understandably anxious about the state of the economy and what the future holds, most people also know that Obama didn't creat the mess we're in. That was years in coming, and it will take years to climb out of it.

With that said, the question to ask is this: Is ANYONE better than Obama? The all too obvious answer is a resounding no.

Look at the GOP field of candidates. It's a joke. I've never seen a weaker group.

After years of saying Obama was not qualified to be president, conservatives went gaga over Cain, who never served in any elective office, ever, and couldn't even answer rudimentary questions without freezing?

And now the conservative family values crowed is seriously considering the reprobate, Gingrich, as a viable contender over the family man, Obama? If this was a movie, the plot would be considered too far-fetched to be plausible.

If conservatives want to win so badly, one has to ask why is it that they seem willing to support candidates who are so obviously flawed.

You support a president that is so obviously flawed.....so this should work out well.

I support a president that is so obviously flawed? I know that Obama didn't create the mess we're in. I also understand why Republicans are trying to lay the blame for the current state of the economy on Obama. That's what politicians in an opposing party do. It doesn't mean it's true. Even Republicans office holders understand that. They'll just exploit everyone's dissatisfaction and fears in the hope that they can ride the wave back in to power. To be honest, both political parties do it.

But let's take a look back at that profligate spender and Iraq War decider who took us down the path of massive increases in debt, off-budget war spending supplementals, along with his massive tax cut (mostly for upper income Americans) which resulted in a drop in tax receipts of around $5 Trillion without creating the promised jobs. Where were most so-called 'principled conservative office holders then, huh? As I recall, they were cheering 'shock and awe while questioning Democrats' patriotism, and ramming through Bush's 'agenda' because they controlled both the House and the Senate.

Chance sure,solid chance to not win reelection,it can go ether way.

The area I live in suffered terrible flooding this fall,Obamma was 1/2 hour away last week campaigning,he should have taken the time for a visit,but heck its New York he thinks he has it in the bag,but Pa could get away from him,so we don't matter,but we do,and many noticed his lack of concern

Leadership is hard to find..

The key isn't to win the class warfare argument. It's to transcend it.

The class war is over. The rich won....

half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

PA and WI are going Blue. Make it 247 for Mr. Obama. Arizona may be closer than you think. Brewer isn't doing much to help the GOP. I won't say "no chance" that Obama loses Pennsylvania and Wisconsin but Romney will have to spend a lot of money there to turn the tide. Money that will be better spent in Ohio, Virginia and Florida where he has a better shot.

At this point I would agree. The polls right now in PA and WI show a very close race if Romney is the nominee and my prediction is that he would have good chances of stealing them. But again....so much could happen between now and November, it's really just speculation. I would say if Gingrich is the nominee Obama will lock WI and PA will be 99% locked

Keep in mind that Obama is barely campaigning right now.

Who's going to beat him?

Newt Gingrich?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think Joe normal could beat him. I believe any person who has the least bit of common sense could beat President Dumbo.

Care to make a friendly wager?

If Mr. Obama wins, you change your sig line the night the election is decided to, "All hail President Obama, your President, my President, our President"

If anybody else wins the election, I change my sig line to, "All hail President _______, your President, my President, our President".

It would seem that if you think it is such an easy call, you would have nothing to risk.

I bet you are not as confident as you say you are.

Yes. In an environment where Romney is considered a viable republican candidate Obamas odds are better than even in my opinion.

...in 2012?

Of course he does... as seen by the last election, there are a ton of people who can be suckered in by a speech, racial guilt, plain ignorance, promises or perceptions of handouts, a class warfare message, etc....

I hope, however, that there is enough backlash to his horrible policies to kick the fucker out of office

accusing half the population of being gullible suckers is a surefire way to win the next election. Please scream that from the rooftops.

With all due respect, Candy? When did he stop? Campaigning is what he's good at...it's running the country that he has a problem with.

With all due respect, Candy? When did he stop? Campaigning is what he's good at...it's running the country that he has a problem with.

Oh come on....

How many commercials do you see with his mug on them? Or the PAC soft money ads. Not very many. Sure the election rhetoric has picked up but what you're seeing now is nothing compared to what it will be like about 9 months from now.

As for as governing...he's done alright for what he has done.

Passed a healthcare bill that has been rejected by Congress for about 60 years
Saved the auto industry
Gotten rid of the joke of DADT
Reformed Wall Street as best as he could in this atmosphere
Trying to extend a payroll tax holiday during this financial crisis

I wish he would do and would have done more. I think it was Mudwhistle that started a thread MIA President. Muddy is a moron so I didn't read the thread. But I have to admit that I share the sentiment of the OP's title. You get the feeling that if there was this supercommittee going on right now and Bush II or Clinton were in the Oval....you'd see them going to the Hill and breaking some furniture or something. Its almost as if, at times, Mr. Obama is going through a groundhog day of the "first day on the job" syndrome.

The GOP isn't going to negotiate. You can't win the argument with them because there is no sharing of common facts. The whole nonsense about the millionaire surcharge hurting jobs is a fine example. GOP Objects To 'Millionaires Surtax'; Millionaires We Found? Not So Much : It's All Politics : NPR

Republicans...against a tax break for working class Americans. Unbelievable except for this Congress.

Forum List

Back