Regardless of the results, I will be happy on election day...

Dirt McGirt

Bad Mother****er
Dec 19, 2006
Regardless of who wins, I'll be happy with the results. I've only got one issue that I'm voting for on this upcoming election day and neither candidate is going to immediately bring the troops home.

With Obama, the possibility of change is intriguing to me so I'd like Obama to win just to see what happens during his Presidency. I think he'd do a much better job with the economy and foreign relations than McCain.

With McCain, there will be tweaks to our current policies but I have faith that he will do a tremendously better job running the military and balancing the budget than Bush. I think McCain would be more pro-active against terrorism and funding Homeland Security than Obama.

I feel good with either candidate and will be content no matter who is the next President. Am I the only one?

Heller was all I cared about, and now that Scalia has administered a rough mouthfucking to the anti-gun pod people, I'm content.

Of the two I slightly favor McCain, but not by much. I'll probably end up voting for Bob Barr or Ron Paul. I don't even have any particular ill will towards Sen. Obama, but some of his fucking drones on the blogosphere are just goddamn annoying.

If you're wondering, I do think McCain will win, but that just means amnesty for illegal immigrants.

My biggest fear with a McCain election is a further loss of individual and worker rights. More ideologues in our courts could easily reverse Roe V Wade. And we will return to those golden years of poor v rich.

My biggest fear with Obama - who I think will win - is he will not be the change agent we need in terms of a more egalitarian society where everyone has a piece of the pie. Already our industrial base is behind Europe as they and Asia buy us up. We will soon be the United States of foreign country ownership.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elections-2008/55571-a-vote-for-john-mccain.html

I feel good with either candidate and will be content no matter who is the next President. Am I the only one?

You're not the only one. I'm close to being in that camp as well. And oddly enough the topic came up on a local radio show and a large number of callers, whether left or right of center and supporting Obama or McCain, felt the same way.

Regardless of who wins, I'll be happy with the results. I've only got one issue that I'm voting for on this upcoming election day and neither candidate is going to immediately bring the troops home.

With Obama, the possibility of change is intriguing to me so I'd like Obama to win just to see what happens during his Presidency. I think he'd do a much better job with the economy and foreign relations than McCain.

With McCain, there will be tweaks to our current policies but I have faith that he will do a tremendously better job running the military and balancing the budget than Bush. I think McCain would be more pro-active against terrorism and funding Homeland Security than Obama.

No.

Candide feels pretty much the same way.

My biggest fear with a McCain election is a further loss of individual and worker rights. More ideologues in our courts could easily reverse Roe V Wade. And we will return to those golden years of poor v rich.

My biggest fear with Obama - who I think will win - is he will not be the change agent we need in terms of a more egalitarian society where everyone has a piece of the pie. Already our industrial base is behind Europe as they and Asia buy us up. We will soon be the United States of foreign country ownership.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elections-2008/55571-a-vote-for-john-mccain.html

And what on earth convinces you that McCain is an idealogue of any kind? i am so sick of you people who have to lie about McCain to support your guy. If you oppose him, fine. I dont even like him that much. But you base your dislike on facts rather than the lies you keep spewing.

And what on earth convinces you that McCain is an idealogue of any kind? i am so sick of you people who have to lie about McCain to support your guy. If you oppose him, fine. I dont even like him that much. But you base your dislike on facts rather than the lies you keep spewing.

Would you wake the heck up.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

John McCain on the Issues

# Supports repealing Roe v. Wade. (May 2007)
# Voted YES on defining unborn child as eligible for SCHIP. (Mar 2008)
# Voted YES on barring HHS grants to organizations that perform abortions. (Oct 2007)
# Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Apr 2007)
# Voted YES on notifying parents of minors who get out-of-state abortions. (Jul 2006)
# Voted NO on $100M to reduce teen pregnancy by education & contraceptives. (Mar 2005)
# Voted YES on criminal penalty for harming unborn fetus during other crime. (Mar 2004)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
# Voted YES on maintaining ban on Military Base Abortions. (Jun 2000)
# Voted YES on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
# Voted YES on banning human cloning. (Feb 1998)
# Rated 0% by NARAL, indicating a pro-life voting record. (Dec 2003)
# Expand embryonic stem cell research. (Jun 2004)
# Rated 75% by the NRLC, indicating a mixed record on abortion. (Dec 2006)

Back when he was running against Rudy and Mitt, McCain went on Fox and Friends and said that because his home state of Arizona has the worst illegal immigration problem of all the states, this makes him the man most qualified on the illegal immigration issues and most qualified to be president.

McCain told the Hispanic group NALEO that passing an immigration bill to legalize illegal immigrants is "my top priority, yesterday, today and tomorrow."

McCain is scheduled to speak to the ethnic separatist group, La Raza July 14, 2008. Colin McNickle director of the editorial pages at the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review writes about the lapse of judgment in addressing such a radical group.

The La Raza speech was the senator's third appearance before such groups in as many weeks. Republican Congressman Tom Tancredo of Colorado, a longtime hawk on illegal immigration, says he gets turned off when he hears McCain say the words "comprehensive immigration reform."
"That's code for amnesty, and everybody knows it," Tancredo said. "He knows it, and the audience knew it."

I'm going to give you this one thing. McCain would be my first choice of all the GOP that ran, except for Ron Paul that is.

But as far as Rudy, Mitt, Thomson, etc. Yes, McCain is the one that might possibly flip off off the right wing and do what is best for all Americans.

But then I think about his involvement with the Keating 5 and his part in the GOP Senate from 2000-2006 and he voted with Bush 95% of the time.

And the conservatives he would appoint to the Supreme Court and overturn Roe Vs. Wade.

And he would veto bills necessary to fixing what Bush did.

But of all the GOP, he is the best of the rotten bunch.

For me.. If Mac wins, I am seceding from conservative society. I am moving to a blue state and cutting all ties with the republicans...

Next to Paul, McCain would have been my choice for the GOP. He may be in favor of war, but at least he'll do something that involves strategy. The other guys really didn't know where they stood and probably would have left us in the exact same position 4 years down the road with more dead and wounded soldiers and no political gains in the middle east.

With that said, I'll still be disappointed with a McCain presidency. We need to get out of iraq asap and mccain will not do that for this nation. McCain is very weak on the economy, when we need a president with economic vision.

mccain is so old his vp may be the one to worry about.

but getting the current monkey out of the white will definitely provide solace regardless of who wins.

New Topics

Forum List

Back