Regarding the apostrophe "S" and its use in English grammar.

And the words:
Your
You're

People write.."Your so silly.".....(arrgghhhh)......It is supposed to be: "You're so silly."
How come so many people, many of them adults, can not use the proper word usage??

Since we are yapping about grammar, my biggest pet peeve is when people do not use the word -their, there, they're- properly.
They will use: "It's there turn to drive." *ugh* (proper use would be "It's their turn to drive.")
Or....."Maybe their not home." *another ugh* (proper use would be "Maybe they're not home.")
That shit drives me bat shit crazy ~LoL~

And those who confuse to, too and two. By the way, do you know which (to, too or two) to use in this sentence: There are three (to's, too's, or two's) in the English language?

The word "TOO" (adv) is the easiest for me, it means "ALSO or in addition"
So when used in a sentence, if people would stop and think, if they can use the 'also' in place of that word 'too'...they will know the correct 'two,to,too' would be the one with 2 O's.
Of course, TWO is the number.
The other 'TO' (prep) is most common and people I see tend to use it way more than the others.
TO is also used as a adv. Example: Pull the door to.
Not exactly sure I can answer your question tho, regarding which (too,to,two) is the correct in the sentence. My guess would be "TO".

It's funny when liberals are so arrogant they think they can define who is and who isn't conservative. :lol:

Actually I've asked many times for echo chamber members to define that question. The answer seems to escape them. As a member in good standing how do you define a conservative?
Lose the unmerited arrogance and the echo chamber shit and I'll tell you.
I won't define what a conservative is, never have, I have characterized 'conservatives' self identified 'conservatives', faux conservatives in very unflatterng words (as you known from personal experience).
If you have no definition of "conservative", you have no basis for deciding who is a faux conservative.

You're really not very good at this, are you?
So tell us, what are the characteristics of a real conservative - cause echo chamber members are far fight and have nothing in common with the root word, to conserve. The New Right is radical and hopes to remake America into theocratic plutocracy.
Yeah, yeah, mandatory Christianity, camps for the atheists, yadda yadda.

Hyperbole daveboy, pitiful. Listen carefully to Michelle Bachmann, to whom does she appeal? Of course her target is the Christian Right and Corporate America; everyone else is an infidel (see, even I can use hyperbole, but in doing so the argument fails).

But all of that aside, your effort to deflect from a fair question is telling. I'm now going to drive up to Sonoma for a father's day BBQ, but before we leave, consider my definition of a conservative is impled when I wrote, "...cause echo chamber conservatives are far Right and have nothing in common with the root word, to conserve. The New Right is radical...".

Hyperbole daveboy, pitiful. Listen carefully to Michelle Bachmann, to whom does she appeal? Of course her target is the Christian Right and Corporate America; everyone else is an infidel (see, even I can use hyperbole, but in doing so the argument fails).

But all of that aside, your effort to deflect from a fair question is telling. I'm now going to drive up to Sonoma for a father's day BBQ, but before we leave, consider my definition of a conservative is impled when I wrote, "...cause echo chamber conservatives are far Right and have nothing in common with the root word, to conserve. The New Right is radical...".
So when you said "I won't define what a conservative is, never have...", you lied.

Have a safe drive and a good barbeque.

It's funny when liberals are so arrogant they think they can define who is and who isn't conservative. :lol:

Actually I've asked many times for echo chamber members to define that question. The answer seems to escape them. As a member in good standing how do you define a conservative?

I won't define what a conservative is, never have, I have characterized 'conservatives' self identified 'conservatives', faux conservatives in very unflatterng words (as you known from personal experience). So tell us, what are the characteristics of a real conservative - cause echo chamber members are far fight and have nothing in common with the root word, to conserve. The New Right is radical and hopes to remake America into theocratic plutocracy.

I couldn't agree more.

William F. Buckley, Jr., William Safire, Peggy Noonan, David Brooks, Robert Samuelson, are examples of conservative journalists. Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin, Laura Ingraham Hew Hewitt, David Prager are examples of radical conservatives. Somewhere in between are those who question where they fit in.

Forum List

Back