Refuting rightwing myth about wealth redistribution

Zzz.

Bottom line: the lib governing philosophy is that what a person earns is not really something to which that person is necessarily entitled.

For some grunting & inarticulate "reason," many libbies seem to believe (actually believe) that the "whole" of society has a claim to a significant portion of that income that is somehow superior to the claim of the person who earned it.

Now, for things to which we have all agreed in this Republic of LIMITED and ENUMERATED POWER, things like postal service, armed forces, a judicial system, and various Executive Departments whose mandate can fairly be traced to the enumerated powers, the payment of taxes is generally approved (although we might disagree as to the wisdom of the method of collecting such taxes).

But for the libs' often unstated premise, there is no agreement. The libs' often unstated premise is that there exists this allegedly superior right of ALL OF US to a portion of the income the individual earns for the purpose of redistributing that wealth.

And then the libbies seem to have endless difficulty figuring out why there might be perfectly valid, just and reasonable opposition to their notions. A minority earns a significant portion of the income, and pays a disproportionately large share of the taxes, yet when they object to things like redistribution of wealth, the libbies accuse the ones paying the most of being "greedy." :cuckoo:

Dishonest motherfuckers. This is another reason the "argument" of libs tends to be so unpersuasive.

But the worst thing Reagan did was repealing the Fairness Doctrine. Witness all the dupes mouthing Rush/Fox hater crappe on here. Enjoy Hell. Later...

FrenchoHS is in full babble mode again.

The Fairness Doctrine was bullshit then and is bullshit today.

Repealing it was a logical necessity for all who value actual free speech.

As to the latter part of your gibberish filled post, your inability to post clearly is on full display.

who run the world?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmMU_iwe6U&ob=av3e]Beyoncé - Run The World (Girls) - YouTube[/ame]

But the worst thing Reagan did was repealing the Fairness Doctrine. Witness all the dupes mouthing Rush/Fox hater crappe on here. Enjoy Hell. Later...

As to the latter part of your gibberish filled post, your inability to post clearly is on full display.

Very deep and fact filled. Just like an ignorant arrogant brainwashed angry dingbat whose propaganda big lie system is questioned...ie, not a single example of any sham voting, pub troll- The ACORN SCANDAL was a total Faux/pub hoax. Like the Mosque, the Tides Foundation, the birth thing, the Kenya thing, the Muslim thing, the gov't takeover, giveaway to insurers, huge cost, lose your doctor, and death panel things. Pub Dupes!!! LOL!!! The Obama Recession, stimulus didn't work, and Marxist things...ad infinitum and ad nauseum....how dumb CAN they get....
Yes, some people who worked for ACORN handed in fake names to get paid their minimum wage Not a single example of any sham voting, pub troll- The ACORN SCANDAL was a total Faux/pub hoax.Yet 50% of you Pub dupes believe they stole the election. Change the channel and join the real world.

Very deep and fact filled. Just like an ignorant arrogant brainwashed angry dingbat whose propaganda big lie system is questioned...ie, not a single example of any sham voting, pub troll- The ACORN SCANDAL was a total Faux/pub hoax. Like the Mosque, the Tides Foundation, the birth thing, the Kenya thing, the Muslim thing, the gov't takeover, giveaway to insurers, huge cost, lose your doctor, and death panel things. Pub Dupes!!! LOL!!! The Obama Recession, stimulus didn't work, and Marxist things...ad infinitum and ad nauseum....how dumb CAN they get....
Yes, some people who worked for ACORN handed in fake names to get paid their minimum wage Not a single example of any sham voting, pub troll- The ACORN SCANDAL was a total Faux/pub hoax.Yet 50% of you Pub dupes believe they stole the election. Change the channel and join the real world.

they can get pretty dumb I guess, but they start voting democrat at that point.

Just Fox, Foxbot.

Fox, who wants you to think that the OWS protesters don't have a message...that the OWS protesters are just "unwashed masses".

Keep watching Fox so they can convince you to work against your own self interest. Let them talk you into believing that the staggering income inequality in this country doesn't matter and that it is the unions, the illegals and the Muslims that are the problem in this country, not the greed of Wall Street.

Neg rep to your hearts content Foxbot...just means I hit a nerve. :lol:

SW I hate to break this to you................. But those facts that are being reported, unwashed no message etc............ Come from our local news. That would be CBS, NBC and ABC local affiliates.

Still all corporate media. Corporate media knows that peaceful protesters exercising their constitutional right to air their grievances isn't the sensationalist news that gets them ratings.

I went to Occupy SF to donate some camping gear. It was quite clean, quite orderly, quite peaceful and the message was quite clear. Greed sucks. The lack of showering facilities while they are camped out doesn't change it.

SW I could get behind some of the themes myself. The problem is this is a completely wasted effort as it should be directed at washington.

One mindless (and idiotically "based") platitude after another.

Why that is the only stuff you have to offer is the question.

"The Tides thing."

You are not exactly a model of clarity, dipshit.

You have exactly nothing original to say, and absolutely nothing intelligent to offer.

It shows.

Hurry back to the "work" of some other libs now. You are running low on talking pointlesses.

sw i hate to break this to you................. But those facts that are being reported, unwashed no message etc............ Come from our local news. That would be cbs, nbc and abc local affiliates.

still all corporate media. Corporate media knows that peaceful protesters exercising their constitutional right to air their grievances isn't the sensationalist news that gets them ratings.

I went to occupy sf to donate some camping gear. It was quite clean, quite orderly, quite peaceful and the message was quite clear. Greed sucks. The lack of showering facilities while they are camped out doesn't change it.

sw i could get behind some of the themes myself. The problem is this is a completely wasted effort as it should be directed at washington.

^this^

Why has ACORN changed thier name and regrouped?

What makes this conversation so difficult is that the left reagards this chart as an epiphany, and the right regards it as a sin.
half-of-america-has-25-of-the-wealth.jpg

We are not supposed to cover that which belongs to another. For the left, rich people's money (unless it is socially approved rich like George Soros or Michael Moore) is tainted. For the right it is twice tainted: Taint mine and it taint yours.

For the left, they get all vapored and exited about how much money other people have. For the right, they want to have similar piles. And that these piles of wealth are commensurate with intelligence, hard work, thrift. So if they work hard, save, plan wisely they will be the 1%

The right notes that much of these famous 1% are first generation. The most famouse lefty ones in particular. Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet, George Soros, Bill Gates, Glenn Beck, Oprah Winfrey are all first generation 1% ers.

Much of the bottom percentiles are there as they dropped out of college, committed crimes, drink or drug too much, spend too much on lottery tickets or what have you. You can move from per centile to percentile easily. Which direction you want to go is up to you.

Yes, all those people who chose to be policemen, firemen, teachers, soldiers, and other ordinary workers are idiots.

They should have all become hedge fund managers.

The Republican Party lowered taxes for the rich to the point that they pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

Do you think that is fair?

The Republican Party lowered taxes for the rich to the point that they pay taxes at a lower rate than the rest of us.

But they don't.

I've found the vast majority of right wing talking points to be outright lies. When they get "caught" and the lie no longer works, they say, "But that was never my position'.

Of course they're lies. But not everyone who repeats what they're told or what they hear are aware that it's a lie. So, strictly speaking, those people aren't liars. They may be too trusting, or lacking in critical thinking skills, but they're not liars. They're simply ignorant fools who are being used by influential people to push someone else's agenda.

Rich people pay Fox people to tell Middle Class people that it's the brown people's and the Union's fault.

I always got a chuckle at how the right has pushed the 'argument' (and I use the term loosely) which essentially blamed the housing bubble at subsequent financial collapse on low income minorities. Who knew that they had that kind of power?

It's kinda like blaming plantlife for a decrease in biodiversity in agricultural areas.

So, in other words, you have nothing other than your bullshit race baiting? Thanks for clearing that up.

Just Fox, Foxbot.

Fox, who wants you to think that the OWS protesters don't have a message...that the OWS protesters are just "unwashed masses".

Keep watching Fox so they can convince you to work against your own self interest. Let them talk you into believing that the staggering income inequality in this country doesn't matter and that it is the unions, the illegals and the Muslims that are the problem in this country, not the greed of Wall Street.

Neg rep to your hearts content Foxbot...just means I hit a nerve. :lol:

Keep watching Fox so they can convince you to work against your own self interest.

Yeah, higher taxes, bigger government and more wasteful spending is in my self interest. :cuckoo::lol::lol::lol::cuckoo:

I always got a chuckle at how the right has pushed the 'argument' (and I use the term loosely) which essentially blamed the housing bubble at subsequent financial collapse on low income minorities. Who knew that they had that kind of power?

It's kinda like blaming plantlife for a decrease in biodiversity in agricultural areas.

So you think wealthy people are the ones who can't pay their mortgages?

The people the right blames are the scumbag left-wing politicians who forced banks to give mortgages to people who weren't able to pay them

So you think wealthy people are the ones who can't pay their mortgages?

The people the right blames are the scumbag left-wing politicians who forced banks to give mortgages to people who weren't able to pay them

The lefties deny that the banks were "forced."

Problem is: they are partly right, albeit in a loose sense. And, what's worse, SOME of the problem can be directly linked back to the culture of unrelenting greed by some of the nation's biggest financial houses (banks, wall street finance companies, insurance giants, etc.).

But, even so, left to their own devices, the lenders would never have pushed to get the non-creditworthy to apply for mortgages NOR would they have accepted the applications and approved the loans when the non-creditworthy made those applications.

So the lefties can deny reality all they want. But that doesn't make it go away.

Ronnie Raygun was demented and a catastrophe. Payroll taxes just passed income taxes- gas tax, sales tax, registration etc outasight, property tax- don't be so thick. Half the country now makes 26k or less after 30 years of voodoo...and you blame the victims? IDIOCY- but keep fightimg for the bloated rich- who last created jobs in the early eighties, MAYBE. MORON Foxbots!

Half the country now makes 26k or less after 30 years of voodoo

Link?

Ronnie Raygun was demented and a catastrophe. Payroll taxes just passed income taxes- gas tax, sales tax, registration etc outasight, property tax- don't be so thick. Half the country now makes 26k or less after 30 years of voodoo...and you blame the victims? IDIOCY- but keep fightimg for the bloated rich- who last created jobs in the early eighties, MAYBE. MORON Foxbots!

Half the country now makes 26k or less after 30 years of voodoo

Link?

You can't expect that lying sumbitch to provide a LINK to something he just finished making up.

Be reasonable.

I'm waiting for the "Gravity is a right wing nazi homophobic plot to keep minorities down", thread.

Forum List

Back