Refuted : Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus !

Today the Jews are nothing special and just like everyone else. :cool:

So, does that mean everyone else is fair game or neither is fair game?
What is this fair game nonsense you keep talking about?

I guess I am asking if there is a difference in Muslim's attitude toward Jews while they were God's chosen people, and now, that they are the "unchosen"? Is there any suggestion in the Quran as to how to deal with the Jews, then vs. now? If in the Quran, it speaks of God washing his hands of the "rebellious people", what does he say to do with them? Leave them to their idols? Love them anyway? Pretend they don't exist? Co-exist?
Don't marry one of them?
What is Quran protocol regarding the Jewish Nation??

So, does that mean everyone else is fair game or neither is fair game?

I guess I am asking if there is a difference in Muslim's attitude toward Jews while they were God's chosen people, and now, that they are the "unchosen"? Is there any suggestion in the Quran as to how to deal with the Jews, then vs. now? If in the Quran, it speaks of God washing his hands of the "rebellious people", what does he say to do with them? Leave them to their idols? Love them anyway? Pretend they don't exist? Co-exist?
Don't marry one of them?
The Quran acknowledged that in the beginning the Jews were the chosen people.

But they broke their covenant with God and are now just the same as everyone else in the world.

I am not sure what you are trying to get at?

Christians have the Great Commission which is to evangelize the world; including the Jews.

Muslims have basically the same goal of spreading Islam; which also includes the Jews.

Don't marry one of them?
The Quran acknowledged that in the beginning the Jews were the chosen people.

But they broke their covenant with God and are now just the same as everyone else in the world.

I am not sure what you are trying to get at?

Christians have the Great Commission which is to evangelize the world; including the Jews.

Muslims have basically the same goal of spreading Islam; which also includes the Jews.

I'm getting at the fact that there is a big difference between the God of Abraham and the God of the Quran. They are widely different beings.
While a person may break their part of a covenant with Biblical God, God does not break his. He has protected and corrected Israel, since he promised Abraham he would.
Abraham's God is still actively involved with his chosen people. He intends to seal 144,000 of them in the end time so they can spread the gospel without being harmed. And yet the God of the Quran washed his hands of the responsibility. Not the same at all.

Christians great co-mission is to spread the gospel/good news. It is not given to the Christian to convert. That is the job of the Holy Spirit.
Muslim's goal is to spread Islam, even to the Jews.
What is a Muslim suppose to do if the object of their goal refuses to convert to Islam?

It was on Constantines insistance that the term Homoousius was inserted.

This is the point on which your entire edifice depends. Document it, please.

Did he or did he not take the Title Pontifex Maximus ? aka - speaking for God.

No, he did not, because that is NOT what that title means. It means "greatest bridge-builder." The Pontifex Maximus was the high priest of the Roman state religion prior to Christianity. While a position of great respect and reverence, at no time was the PM ever considered to be speaking for the gods.

Constantine killed Arius and many others who did not share his beliefs.

Arius - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Homoousian party's victory at Nicaea was short-lived, however. Despite Arius's exile and the alleged finality of the Council's decrees, the Arian controversy recommenced at once. When Bishop Alexander died in 327, Athanasius succeeded him, despite not meeting the age requirements for a hierarch. Still committed to pacifying the conflict between Arians and Trinitarians, Constantine gradually became more lenient toward those whom the Council of Nicaea had exiled.[26] Though he never repudiated the council or its decrees, the emperor ultimately permitted Arius (who had taken refuge in Palestine) and many of his adherents to return to their homes, once Arius had reformulated his Christology to mute the ideas found most objectionable by his critics. Athanasius was exiled following his condemnation by the First Synod of Tyre in 335 (though he was later recalled), and the Synod of Jerusalem the following year restored Arius to communion. The emperor directed Alexander of Constantinople to receive Arius, despite the bishop's objections; Bishop Alexander responded by earnestly praying that Arius might perish before this could happen.[27] As it turned out—for whatever reason—one day before the Sunday appointed for Arius to be formally readmitted to communion, he suddenly died.

Constantine did NOT kill Arius. He died of natural causes. Persecution of heretics in Constantine's rule was limited to exile. The executions did not begin until the 5th century.

The link was to a post related to your Q, yours is irrelevant. Sunniman is right.

Enjoy
Home - fake ex muslims

Sunni couldn't be more wrong, and I suspect he knows that. The God of Abraham and the God of the Quran are not the same God. When you hear they are, from Sunni or when you hear that claim from the New World Church, that we are just one big happy family praying to the same God , that the only difference is dialect, know that it's a lie. The one with the son, that paid for our sins, the one that prophesies, the one that will protect Israel from it's enimies, is the God that will set up his Kingdom here on earth. On his property. In Israel.

On the original topic, I must say...

That as an atheist I do not believe in supernatural agents, but as I've studied Jesus a lot, I must say, that the picture I have of him in my mind, is a picture I look up to.

That picture is not exactly like "the Christian Jesus", though.

The link was to a post related to your Q, yours is irrelevant. Sunniman is right.

Enjoy
Home - fake ex muslims

Sunni couldn't be more wrong, and I suspect he knows that. The God of Abraham and the God of the Quran are not the same God. When you hear they are, from Sunni or when you hear that claim from the New World Church, that we are just one big happy family praying to the same God , that the only difference is dialect, know that it's a lie. The one with the son, that paid for our sins, the one that prophesies, the one that will protect Israel from it's enimies, is the God that will set up his Kingdom here on earth. On his property. In Israel.
AMEN! Islam is the lie.

What is a Muslim suppose to do if the object of their goal refuses to convert to Islam?

The question only arises in the context of the Jihad and its conquests centuries ago. Practitioners of other religions could convert to Islam and be exempt from taxes, or they could not do so and receive a tax cut. (I'm not kidding. Taxes imposed on conquered people by Muslims were lower than they had been under the indigenous rulers. Muslims living there were exempt from them altogether.) EDIT: Actually that's not quite true, I now discover. Non-Muslims had to pay a tax in support of the military that Muslims did not, but were exempt from military service; at the same time, Muslims had to pay another tax that non-Muslims didn't.

Non-Muslims also could not bear arms, and could not testify in court in matters involving Muslims. There were some privileges accruing to Christians and Jews ("People of the Book") that did not accrue to polytheists and other pagans. For example, a Muslim man could marry a Christian or Jewish woman, but was forbidden to marry a pagan. (Muslim women could not marry non-Muslims of any kind.) Most people in the territories conquered by Muslims were either Christians or Jews; after some discussion Zoroastrians were also considered PotB.

By modern Western standards we would judge these measures unacceptable, but compared to contemporary practices in most Christian countries they were quite benign.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back