Refutation of a common pro-war argument

Kathianne said:
Cute, so now you are claiming Saddam's murder rate to be segued to US war in Iraq. Slick.

Just saying that the Iraqi people are dying early deaths at the same rate. I'm sure that in the end most people don't really give a flip if their brother was murder by Hussein or died when the US dropped a bomb on the house next door.

SpidermanTuba said:
I like your attitude LuvRGirl. Telling Mexicans we'll take them to the US and then shipping them to North Korea, fine with you. Recruiters using things which they claim as facts but which are not at all facts to dupe people into joining the military - OK with you!

What are you? A used car salesman?

Mexicans going to NK on behalf of the US? Care to explain? What do recruiters say to potential recruits that are lies? I have talked to recruiters on several occasions. The Army offered me money for college, the Marine Corps offered me the chance to a part of a damn fine fighting force and do things very few people can do, and all services offered me an adventurous life well worth living and being proud of. If you think any of the above is a lie, go get a knife and cut yourself open, or leave the country.

The Marine Corps recruiter in Fairbanks, whom I know personally now and recognized me by name at the commisary on Fort Wainwright, told me about all of his experiences as a young enlisted Marine, and let me tell you I'm sold.

He didnt tell me that Iraw was safer, in teh sense of being shot, than D.C., and if he did, I would consider it an aspect of conversation between two people.

SpidermanTuba said:
Link what?

Hussein was in power about 25 years and killed about 300000 people.

At the time that Bush said 30000 Iraqis had died as a result of the U.S. invasion, we had been in Iraq about 31 months.

You do the math.

other than you are pulling numbers out of your arse....

i guess sadam should have trained his army better

manu1959 said:
other than you are pulling numbers out of your arse....

i guess sadam should have trained his army better
Hey, anyone who calls upon psychoblues to back him up, has a serious rep problem.

SpidermanTuba said:
That's right. I said it was a common pro-war argument.

And using the standards by which you use to determine whether or not Bush is telling a lie, there is no way in hell you can prove that I lied. I said its "common". Heck, that could mean anything. Herpes is a common STD. Doesn't mean most people have it. Chinese people are common in the US, doesn't mean you won't see a single one of them out of 100. The word "common" is there for me to twist and contort anyway I like to avoid having to admit that I might have written something not 100% true.

Hey, Bush said we would find WMD, he didn't say WHEN! Hell, it could be 20, 30 50 years from now. 100. Doesn't matter. He didn't lie.
R U trying to convince us this is a NEW tactic for you?

SpidermanTuba said:
I can't think of any reason an extremely pro-Bush person who just joined the Navy would lie about an argument his recruiter used to get him to join up.

I like your attitude LuvRGirl. Telling Mexicans we'll take them to the US and then shipping them to North Korea, fine with you. Recruiters using things which they claim as facts but which are not at all facts to dupe people into joining the military - OK with you!

Actually I am! What are you, some kind of a physicist or something?

Hey, maybe he was just mistaken. I didnt claim he lied. Maybe he misunderstood the recruiter, happens all the time.

SpidermanTuba said:
Link what?

Hussein was in power about 25 years and killed about 300000 people.

At the time that Bush said 30000 Iraqis had died as a result of the U.S. invasion, we had been in Iraq about 31 months.

You do the math.

I believe 30,000 includes ALL deaths. The 300,000 figure were those ONLY attributed to death by saddam

and besides, which situation you think has the better possibility for a better future?

LuvRPgrl said:
I believe 30,000 includes ALL deaths. The 300,000 figure were those ONLY attributed to death by saddam

and besides, which situation you think has the better possibility for a better future?

The girl's got a point. 30,000 deaths per year cannot be attributed by US and Coalition forces alone. Think 9/11 times 10. To further support LuvRPgirl's point, 30,000 deaths per year compared to the 300,000 deaths per year under Saddam is definately a sure sign of improvment in Iraq. Funny, I thought this thread said refutation to pro-war arguments. Hmm...

SpidermanTuba said:
I can't think of any reason an extremely pro-Bush person who just joined the Navy would lie about an argument his recruiter used to get him to join up.

Abu Ghraib revisited -- the "One bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch theory."

Military recruiters are not trained to lie, nor is lying condoned by the military as an institution.

As has already been stated, people don't join the military because of an assurance of relative safety. In fact, I have seen your original post twice -- both times by libs attempting to indict the military as an institution for the actions of a few.

Let me guess ... you support the troops but not the war. :rolleyes:

GunnyL said:
Abu Ghraib revisited -- the "One bad apple DOES spoil the whole bunch theory."

Military recruiters are not trained to lie, nor is lying condoned by the military as an institution.

As has already been stated, people don't join the military because of an assurance of relative safety. In fact, I have seen your original post twice -- both times by libs attempting to indict the military as an institution for the actions of a few.

Let me guess ... you support the troops but not the war. :rolleyes:

A better guess, he supports troops who kill their commanders OR troops who make a statement by not returning to the Theatre after R&R because "they dont believe in the cause."

Ironically, soldiers get paid, in general, to train to fight and if need be, fight. There's nothign about believing in anything at all, am I right?

Semper Fi said:
A better guess, he supports troops who kill their commanders OR troops who make a statement by not returning to the Theatre after R&R because "they dont believe in the cause."

Ironically, soldiers get paid, in general, to train to fight and if need be, fight. There's nothign about believing in anything at all, am I right?

anyone who completed basic training knows this!..DI: "Your gun is for fun-your pistol is too kill!"

Semper Fi said:

Technically you are correct. The main function of the military is to project policy by force. The "cause" is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back