Refugees deported by President Trump return "home" to Cambodia where they've never been before

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
this is inhumane!

Cambodian Deportees Leave U.S. For 'Home' They've Never Known - The Atlantic

"Thuch Sek’s skin is an ink-filled canvas, his Cambodian heritage and American life woven across his back and down his limbs. thug life marks his right forearm; a misspelled tattoo extolling khemer prideblankets his muscled shoulder blades. The 39-year-old was born in a Thai refugee camp to parents fleeing the Khmer Rouge, the brutal regime that in the late 1970s killed nearly a quarter of Cambodia’s population; at the age of 2, he resettled with his family in Philadelphia.

Until last month, he had never set foot in Cambodia. Then the United States deported him here, to his “home.”"

this is inhumane!

"Thuch Sek’s skin is an ink-filled canvas, his Cambodian heritage and American life woven across his back and down his limbs. thug life marks his right forearm; a misspelled tattoo extolling khemer prideblankets his muscled shoulder blades. The 39-year-old was born in a Thai refugee camp to parents fleeing the Khmer Rouge, the brutal regime that in the late 1970s killed nearly a quarter of Cambodia’s population; at the age of 2, he resettled with his family in Philadelphia.

Until last month, he had never set foot in Cambodia. Then the United States deported him here, to his “home.”"
If he was a bear being turned loose in Yellowstone; you’d be cheering. Who says you can never go home...?

Last edited:
"...and at 20 took part in a shooting targeting their local Vietnamese rivals. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter, thereby invalidating his permanent residency, and was jailed for eight years. He was released from prison in 1999; the U.S. deported."

giphy.gif

At 19, Sek and his friends unleashed a barrage of bullets on a Philadelphia bar whose patrons, he said, had previously bombarded them with beer bottles and racist slurs. He was arrested in 1997, found guilty of attempted murder the following year, and imprisoned until he got parole in May. Less than a month after getting out, though, Immigration and Customs Enforcement detained him; by December, he was in Cambodia.

~S~

• Banned
"Each of the dozen or so deportees I spoke with told me a similar story: They grew up poor, joined gangs out of self-defense, and didn’t know they were once eligible to pursue American citizenship, prior to their criminal convictions. "

this is inhumane!

Who cares?

"Each of the dozen or so deportees I spoke with told me a similar story: They grew up poor, joined gangs out of self-defense, and didn’t know they were once eligible to pursue American citizenship, prior to their criminal convictions. "
Had they but known... Lol!!!
So now we have to incentivize civilized behavior?

----------------------------------- GOOD !!

That's tough titty, bless their hearts. Boo hoo.

I read through the title too fast and thought it said "referees deported"

and right when I had my "fucking A!" response ready to go, too.

"...and at 20 took part in a shooting targeting their local Vietnamese rivals. He pleaded guilty to manslaughter, thereby invalidating his permanent residency, and was jailed for eight years. He was released from prison in 1999; the U.S. deported."

giphy.gif
Well, damn.

Surely, they had to know that criminal behavior was wrong, was not going to be well-received by the society in which they were living as temporary guests; and would lead to adverse consequences.

Trump's arrogant, imperious, and tone-deaf to the concerns of the less fortunate, my friends

Trump's arrogant, imperious, and tone-deaf to the concerns of the less fortunate, my friends

Of course, by “the less fortunate”, we all know that what you mean is foreign criminals, who have abused the hospitality that this nation offered them.

Guess what? The overwhelming vast majority of Americans don't give a rat's ass about the concerns of these “less fortunate”. There's no reason why we should. We just want them gone, out of our country.

And if you care more for the concerns of these pieces of shit, than you do for those of your fellow Americans, then you are no friend of mine, and I am no friend of yours. I wish we could send you and your kind to Cambodia, along with these criminals.

Forum List

Back