Refugee looking for a new forum

Divine Wind

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2011
Texas
Hi all! I'm a Republican moderate from Texas. Moderate meaning "Fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I don't give a crap what you do as long as you don't do it on my lawn or make me pay for it."

Retired from the Naval Reserve in 1998, but was in the Marine Corps from 1975-1985. Currently in a second career with the transportation industry. 55 year old male, divorced but taken. Sorry ladies, don't worry about me hitting on you. I'm not an IM lizard.

Politically, I'm too far left for the RW extremists and too far right for the LW extremists. As a member of the GOP since 1974, I'm concerned about distorted it's position has become since the days of Goldwater. I don't really give a rat's behind about the Democratic Party since theirs is a clown circus. The Republican Party, OTOH, has been "the Party of Reason" and is still in a position to be so if the radical and unreasonable elements within it would subside or burn themselves out. Yes, that means the National Tea Party knuckleheads and religious kooks. I'm a Christian, but understand and support the reason our Founding Fathers wanted a separation of Church and State.

My experience with forums dates back almost 20 years, but those were all professional forums. It's only been in the last two years that I've frequented political forums. At the moment I'm looking for a new forum and hope this might be it.

Hi all! I'm a Republican moderate from Texas. Moderate meaning "Fiscally conservative, socially liberal. I don't give a crap what you do as long as you don't do it on my lawn or make me pay for it."

Retired from the Naval Reserve in 1998, but was in the Marine Corps from 1975-1985. Currently in a second career with the transportation industry. 55 year old male, divorced but taken. Sorry ladies, don't worry about me hitting on you. I'm not an IM lizard.

Politically, I'm too far left for the RW extremists and too far right for the LW extremists. As a member of the GOP since 1974, I'm concerned about distorted it's position has become since the days of Goldwater. I don't really give a rat's behind about the Democratic Party since theirs is a clown circus. The Republican Party, OTOH, has been "the Party of Reason" and is still in a position to be so if the radical and unreasonable elements within it would subside or burn themselves out. Yes, that means the National Tea Party knuckleheads and religious kooks. I'm a Christian, but understand and support the reason our Founding Fathers wanted a separation of Church and State.

My experience with forums dates back almost 20 years, but those were all professional forums. It's only been in the last two years that I've frequented political forums. At the moment I'm looking for a new forum and hope this might be it.

You sound like a PO1.

Did I get that right ?

If not - a LCDR ?

I can smell you reserve pukes a mile away (LOL!)

Welcome aboard shit, er...... ship mate.

Hiya!!!!
Bunch of crotchety grumpy curmedugeons in here (probably didn't spell that right but oh well)....so go with the flow. Welcome to USMB. I doubledamn guarantee you that you won't be bored.:lol:

You sound like a PO1.

Did I get that right ?

If not - a LCDR ?

I can smell you reserve pukes a mile away (LOL!)

Welcome aboard shit, er...... ship mate.[/QUOTE]LOL. Try bumping one of those up a notch.....proof the fricking Navy will promote anybody!

I was active for 13 years before becoming a victim of the "Peace Dividend" when the Soviets turned into wusses. My last 7 years were in the Reserves. Not a bad gig, but definitely not as fun as active duty.

Hiya!!!!
Bunch of crotchety grumpy curmedugeons in here (probably didn't spell that right but oh well)....so go with the flow. Welcome to USMB. I doubledamn guarantee you that you won't be bored.:lol:
Thanks, and I hope so. I may be 55, but still working on my crotchety curmudgeon license. I'm still enjoying life too much to qualify. :)

Thanks to everyone else for the welcome!

run for your life..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ejdNku-n4]‪Welcome to Deadwood (Run for your Life) - Lucanus‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Welcome. You and I will probably agree on many things. Hope you enjoy the place.

semper fi then.

Semper Fi!

usmc3.gif

Welcome. You and I will probably agree on many things. Hope you enjoy the place.
Thanks, Toro. I'll look forward to it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back