Refresh our memory...what has this congress tried to get done for real Americans?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
I can provide a list of things they’ve tried to get done for illegals but I’m drawing a blank trying to recall their work for REAL Americans....Anyone?

here's some, it's from May2019, more bills affecting our needs have been passed by congress since then.... but here ya go...

Democrats in Congress are getting things done. Trump and Republicans are just ignoring them.

Trump is objectively wrong; House Democrats haven’t been squandering time. In addition to their investigations, they’ve been passing legislation at a rapid clip. In all, the House has taken up 51 bills, resolutions, and suspensions since January — 49 of which they’ve passed. This includes a slate of bills to attempt to end the longest government shutdown in history, the result of a protracted fight between Trump and Congress over border wall funding.

Ironically, over the past two weeks, the House has passed bills to address most of the issues Trump mentioned in his tweet. They recently passed a bill to lower prescription drug prices, and another one to protect preexisting conditions. The House also passed nine bills on veterans issues this week alone, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi noted at her weekly press conference. On Thursday, Democrats tried to present Trump their infrastructure plan before he walked out of their meeting.

So if the House is passing all these bills, why does it seem like Congress isn’t getting anything done? Welcome to the reality of divided government in Washington. The vast majority of House Democrats’ agenda has hit a dead end in the Republican-controlled Senate, where Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has dubbed himself the “grim reaper” of Democratic legislation. Pelosi has blasted the Senate leader for embracing this role, saying he’s working for special interests in Washington, rather than the people of the United States.

“The Senate is the graveyard where bills that pass in the Congress, that have bipartisan support in the country, go to die,” Pelosi said at a recent press conference.

Remind me Care how you were upset for 2 years when the dem controlled senate blocked over 200 bills from the Republican house? Or is that different?

I can provide a list of things they’ve tried to get done for illegals but I’m drawing a blank trying to recall their work for REAL Americans....Anyone?
Bills on veterans stuff, pre-existing conditions, prescription drug pricing, you name it. McConnell is stopping them all in the Senate., Which has done little to no legislating at all.

Bills on veterans stuff, pre-existing conditions, prescription drug pricing, you name it. McConnell is stopping them all in the Senate., Which has done little to no legislating at all.
Remind me how you were upset when the dems did the same thing?

Let me remind you of the topic, the OP is trying to may the inactivity at the feet of democrats, and that's a lie.

Would you like.to comment on that?

Remind me Care how you were upset for 2 years when the dem controlled senate blocked over 200 bills from the Republican house? Or is that different?
were the 200 bills ALL on killing Obamacare?
And there we have it a brain dead leftist that whines about Republicans doing EXACTLY what her party did for 2 years. Keep proving you are a partisan hack Care.

Let me remind you of the topic, the OP is trying to may the inactivity at the feet of democrats, and that's a lie.

Lets see the dems all claimed the bills they IGNORED were not viable so why was that acceptable then but not now?

Lets see the dems all claimed the bills they IGNORED were not viable so why was that acceptable then but not now?
Most of the stuff being thrown up then was just for show. They had no expectations of passing them so the more outrageous the better.

Most of the stuff being thrown up then was just for show. They had no expectations of passing them so the more outrageous the better.
Also, McConnell is telling you he's blocking stuff just because it was proposed by democrats.

Ahh yes the same tired excuse designed to cover for politics as usual. And you fell for it. So as I told Care you prove you are nothing but a partisan hack.

Also, McConnell is telling you he's blocking stuff just because it was proposed by democrats.
That is what was done by Democrats whats good for the goose is good for the gander. As for passing bills reasonable ones that are bipartisan are IN FACT voted on and you know it.

Ahh yes the same tired excuse designed to cover for politics as usual. And you fell for it. So as I told Care you prove you are nothing but a partisan hack.
Lol, *I* fell for it?

Sure, let's go with that, LMAO.

Lol, *I* fell for it?

Partisan hack keep on proving it.

That is what was done by Democrats whats good for the goose is good for the gander. As for passing bills reasonable ones that are bipartisan are IN FACT voted on and you know it.
No, I don't. Show us some.

were the 200 bills ALL on killing Obamacare?
And there we have it a brain dead leftist that whines about Republicans doing EXACTLY what her party did for 2 years. Keep proving you are a partisan hack Care.
well, were they all on killing healthcare with no replacement? No one expected those bills to ever pass the Senate...

Nancy's bills have been bipartisan bills, have bipartisan support even IN THE SENATE but Mitch the Grim Reaper, will not bring them up, because he knows the Senate will pass them with Republican support, and the grim reaper can't let Pelosi get a win!

Lol, *I* fell for it?

Partisan hack keep on proving it.
Yes, yes... We know you conservative types try to accuse everyone else of what you are guilty of yourselves.

Forum List

Back