1. Cold Fusion38

Cold Fusion38 SUPER GENIUS

Thanks Received:
    In the desert chasing that damn roadrunner.
    Ratings:
    +307
    I am putting out a call to EVERYONE here concerned about healthcare reform.

I am asking for ANY and ALL reasonable ideas for improving healthcare for ALL Americans. I ask that we remain civil and NOT attack people for putting forth REASONABLE ideas of any kind. I want this to be a TRUELY BI-PARTISAN effort as I believe we can come up with MANY good ideas. I think there are MANY MANY intelligent people here who have GOOD IDEAS and I would be willing to bet that within a week we could produce a bill that would be FAR superior to ANYTHING that comes out of Washinton.

PLEASE ABOVE ALL REMAIN RESPECTFUL! I am not always respectful so I am making a pledge to not belittle ANYONE for ANY HONEST input here. Please join me to come up with a SOLUTION and then maybe we can have the moderators send OUR solutions to media outlets and Congresional leaders.

Thank you in advance for your HONEST effort.

I will begin by stating that TORT REFORM MUST be a part of comprehensive healthcare reform.

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Enforce the Constitution and declare medical insurance a free field of interstate commerce.

3. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307

In other words allow the ins cos to offer thier services NATION WIDE rather than just regionally? That would make FAR greater competition and would be a good start. What about not allowing them to DENY coverage based on prior conditions?

4. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    Absolutely not.

Should you be able to wait until your house is on fire to buy homeowners insurance?

5. Joe Steel

Joe Steel Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Tort reform will do nothing to improve health care. That path leads to the abyss.

The only way to fix health care is universal, single-payer. Medicare for all.

6. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307

Tort reform IS a neccesary part of healthcare reform. If we continue to allow people to play the LAWSUIT LOTTERY then doctors will continue to be buried under Liability ins payments that MUST be passed to the consumer.

7. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,737
    I have often said over and over in the health care refrom. "Look at Massachusetts." Well we have learned this week that the tide in Massachussets has turned.. they are living the health care reform the Democrats want to pass and they are living all the problems that have been projected to occcur.

Way too expensive

services cut and rationed.

Illegals are on the plan

It is forced

Massachussets does not like the plan,,and

Finally no one likes the way it is coming down with all the corruption and exemptions and back room closed door deals..

So I suggest that

They start over..

Put C span in the room,, keep them honest

Make it truly a bipartisan bill

Get the Medical Care Providers Directly Involved..(there are several Doctors in the legislature.)

Start small. Start with tort reform and opening up the competition to allow across state line shopping.. and I would definitely not allow the Ins. companies to cancel someone after the become ill.. Start there and see where it goes.

In other words fix it incrementally don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  8. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Highlighted by ME. ANY Bill should have THIS at the TOP of the priorities...especially IF you plan to keep good Doctors IN the field of endeavour. Without Tort reform? Any crafted Bill is SHIT.

9. Joe Steel

Joe Steel Class Warrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Tort reform wouldn't lower the cost of malpractice insurance appreciably and would protect bad doctors from the consequences of their errors. It would be an outrage which would destroy what little trust remains in the system.

10. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,666
    so Dude are you saying that if you have something wrong with you....you just cant get ins,tough luck,dont get sick?.....