Reform

Cold Fusion38

SUPER GENIUS
I am putting out a call to EVERYONE here concerned about healthcare reform.

I am asking for ANY and ALL reasonable ideas for improving healthcare for ALL Americans. I ask that we remain civil and NOT attack people for putting forth REASONABLE ideas of any kind. I want this to be a TRUELY BI-PARTISAN effort as I believe we can come up with MANY good ideas. I think there are MANY MANY intelligent people here who have GOOD IDEAS and I would be willing to bet that within a week we could produce a bill that would be FAR superior to ANYTHING that comes out of Washinton.

PLEASE ABOVE ALL REMAIN RESPECTFUL! I am not always respectful so I am making a pledge to not belittle ANYONE for ANY HONEST input here. Please join me to come up with a SOLUTION and then maybe we can have the moderators send OUR solutions to media outlets and Congresional leaders.

Thank you in advance for your HONEST effort.

I will begin by stating that TORT REFORM MUST be a part of comprehensive healthcare reform.

II will begin by stating that TORT REFORM MUST be a part of comprehensive healthcare reform.

Tort reform will do nothing to improve health care. That path leads to the abyss.

The only way to fix health care is universal, single-payer. Medicare for all.

Tort reform IS a neccesary part of healthcare reform. If we continue to allow people to play the LAWSUIT LOTTERY then doctors will continue to be buried under Liability ins payments that MUST be passed to the consumer.

I have often said over and over in the health care refrom. "Look at Massachusetts." Well we have learned this week that the tide in Massachussets has turned.. they are living the health care reform the Democrats want to pass and they are living all the problems that have been projected to occcur.

Way too expensive

services cut and rationed.

Illegals are on the plan

It is forced

Massachussets does not like the plan,,and

Finally no one likes the way it is coming down with all the corruption and exemptions and back room closed door deals..

So I suggest that

They start over..

Put C span in the room,, keep them honest

Make it truly a bipartisan bill

Get the Medical Care Providers Directly Involved..(there are several Doctors in the legislature.)

Start small. Start with tort reform and opening up the competition to allow across state line shopping.. and I would definitely not allow the Ins. companies to cancel someone after the become ill.. Start there and see where it goes.

In other words fix it incrementally don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Last edited:
I have often said over and over in the health care refrom. "Look at Massachusetts." Well we have learned this week that the tide in Massachussets has turned.. they are living the health care reform the Democrats want to pass and they are living all the problems that have been projected to occcur.

Way too expensive

Illegals are on the plan

It is forced

Finally no one likes the way it is coming down with all the corruption and exemptions and back room closed door deals..

So I suggest that

They start over..

Get the Medical Care Providers Directly Involved..(there are several Doctors in the legislature.)

Start small. Start with tort reform and opening up the competition to allow across state line shopping.. and I would definitely not allow the Ins. companies to cancel someone after the become ill.. Start there and see where it goes.

In other words fix it incrementally don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Highlighted by ME. ANY Bill should have THIS at the TOP of the priorities...especially IF you plan to keep good Doctors IN the field of endeavour. Without Tort reform? Any crafted Bill is SHIT.

II will begin by stating that TORT REFORM MUST be a part of comprehensive healthcare reform.

Tort reform will do nothing to improve health care. That path leads to the abyss.

Tort reform IS a neccesary part of healthcare reform. If we continue to allow people to play the LAWSUIT LOTTERY then doctors will continue to be buried under Liability ins payments that MUST be passed to the consumer.

Tort reform wouldn't lower the cost of malpractice insurance appreciably and would protect bad doctors from the consequences of their errors. It would be an outrage which would destroy what little trust remains in the system.

If there's something wrong with you (i.e. diabetes) you shouldn't be getting insured for diabetic supplies. That's not insurance, that's pre-paid medical.

Insurance, properly defined, is about pooling risk, not being a private version of welfare.

Tort reform wouldn't lower the cost of malpractice insurance appreciably and would protect bad doctors from the consequences of their errors. It would be an outrage which would destroy what little trust remains in the system.

Won't lower the cost of malpractice insurance? To limit the possibility of frivolous lawsuits? How do you figure that limiting the possibility of a lawsuit won't lower the cost of insurance designed to protect in the event of a lawsuit? That's like saying having a load of traffic tickets won't raise the cost of your auto insurance appreciably.

And how would it protect bad doctors from consequences to have tort reform directed at limiting frivolous suits? It wouldn't affect suits that deserve to be brought at all. I can't imagine how the ability to trump up some half-assed charge in the hopes of a big payoff makes anyone trust the system more than they otherwise would.

National health insurance so costs can be negotiated down and to keep our businesses competitive with the rest of the world.

No medical bankruptcies.

No pre existing conditions.

Limited doctor liability.

Cheaper medical schools to increase the supply of doctors.

Focus on prevention of disease through nutrition and exercise. Require the teaching of nutrition in schools.

Way too expensive

Illegals are on the plan

It is forced

So I suggest that

They start over..

That's funny I am pretty sure the poll that all you Ultra Conservatives keep pointing at that show Brown up 4% also shows that the majority of Mass residents LIKE their health care.

"and I would definitely not allow the Ins. companies to cancel someone after the become ill." Now this is a REAL good point Willow but the PROBLEM is that when people become ill they often LOSE their JOBS and will therefor LOSE THEIR INSURANCE and THAT is why people must be able to have the stability of insurance that ISN'T tied to their employment.

Last edited:
If there's something wrong with you (i.e. diabetes) you shouldn't be getting insured for diabetic supplies. That's not insurance, that's pre-paid medical.

Insurance, properly defined, is about pooling risk, not being a private version of welfare.

ok....but what about the diabetes itself.....should ins. companies tell you sorry pre-existing condition,no can insure...so no doc helping you out?

ok....but what about the diabetes itself.....should ins. companies tell you sorry pre-existing condition,no can insure...so no doc helping you out?
Not at all.

Using the example for diabetes, they would necessarily have to pay a higher rate of insurance, because of the higher risks associated with things like infections to distal body appendages and the like.

That said, should a given company not want to cover diabetics at all, it should be their choice. Not every auto insurer sells high risk insurance, either.

[quote
That's funny I am pretty sure the poll that all you Neo-Cons keep pointing at that show Brown up 4% also shows that the majority of Mass residents LIKE their health care.

"and I would definitely not allow the Ins. companies to cancel someone after the become ill." Now this is a REAL good point Willow but the PROBLEM is that when people become ill they often LOSE their JOBS and will therefor LOSE THEIR INSURANCE and THAT is why people must be able to have the stability of insurance that ISN'T tied to their employment.

i thought you said no name calling Fusion?...you just broke your own rule....

[quote
That's funny I am pretty sure the poll that all you Neo-Cons keep pointing at that show Brown up 4% also shows that the majority of Mass residents LIKE their health care.

i thought you said no name calling Fusion?...you just broke your own rule....

Damn you are RIGHT. I shall retract that post.

Forum List

Back